Help Need Please!!!!!!

Xiyuanbbb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I am a Ph.D. student from Victory University of Wellington😀. I am doing a study on how your virtual experience in SL affects your RL consumption practices/patterns. Could you please share your experience with me😍?  If you could share some insightful ideas to me, I can be your girl in SL!  Thanks heaps for your help. 🤩🤑🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xiyuanbbb said:

Hi everyone, I am a Ph.D. student from Victory University of Wellington😀. I am doing a study on how your virtual experience in SL affects your RL consumption practices/patterns. Could you please share your experience with me😍?  If you could share some insightful ideas to me, I can be your girl in SL!  Thanks heaps for your help. 🤩🤑🤗

If you want serious answer you might want to refrain from using "I can be your girl" when asking for research data.  My answer would be no.  Also, excessive use of emoji's tells me a lot.

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

If you want serious answer you might want to refrain from using "I can be your girl" when asking for research data.  My answer would be no.  Also, excessive use of emoji's tells me a lot.

IKR? 

An authentic researcher with any knowledge or experience in RolePlay would say something more gender-neutral like, "I can be your female or male companion in RolePlay", and add something relevant to her research such as, "to assist with a deeper level of research for my study".

• Like 3

As a Lion in Second Life, my virtual experience of eating people in Second Life has no impact on my consumption of people in Real Life / First Life.

Bonus: Since I am a vegetarian in Real Life, my being a Lion in Second Life has no impact on my consumption at all in Real Life.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As a Lion in Second Life, my virtual experience of eating people in Second Life has no impact on my consumption of people in Real Life / First Life.

Bonus: Since I am a vegetarian in Real Life, my being a Lion in Second Life has no impact on my consumption at all in Real Life.

hehe...I don't think our OP considered this!!   Grasshoppah has much to learn from us.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

a fake post

Tend to agree. Or perhaps bait for who knows  what. Or they are just having a laugh.

Nah...think she's serious.  There's a huge education faction in 2nd life -- sometimes I attend their events/meetings. They're interested in how virtual worlds can help their teaching methods and also have a few regions in 2nd life.  Some of them make their way to the forum.

OP -- find these people inworld who can direct you to places more favorable to your mission. The forum isn't a good place.

• Like 5

Cruel, perhaps, but still I can't help but wonder: In what discipline are PhDs awarded for the study of how SL affects RL consumption?

I'm ruling out medicine on the theory that it's not that kind of "consumption", but still… what?

• Marketing (yet again)?
  • Some tepid backwater of psychology?
  • What?

It would take a lot more rigor than a forums survey, but it would be a very practical outcome to find that virtual experience can replace inherently carbon-intensive real life experiences, such as travel.*

Of course SL-running computers burn electrons, some not perfectly greenhouse-safe. But if avatar-attached food could replace the wasteful habit of RL eating, think of the carbon we'd save!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Cruel, perhaps, but still I can't help but wonder: In what discipline are PhDs awarded for the study of how SL affects RL consumption?

I'm ruling out medicine on the theory that it's not that kind of "consumption", but still… what?

• Marketing (yet again)?
  • What?

Likely marketing I agree, but it would also be useful to understand how our purchasing here might affect purchasing in 1st life. For example, what if 'getting things' in 2nd life would make it less likely to consume unnecessary junk in 1st life.  The Earth is warming, and our consumption patterns are a big cause of this warming as well as contributing to the depletion of needed and limited resources, and needs to be reduced.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Xiyuanbbb said:

Click the Etopia tab to connect with others concerned about consumption....and the ISTE tab to connect with those in Education:

https://www.virtualwholebrainhealth.org/calwbh/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

• Marketing (yet again)?
  • What?

Psychology

Sociology

Economics

Writing a dissertation on a focused subject is part of any PhD program. It's not "awarded" simply for turning in a report. 

My guess is that this student is trying to take a casual, friendly tone in her request, in order to inspire us with a sense of trust in her. This tactic isn't working very well though.  😉

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hi, gang!

Just a brief reminder to stay on topic and, as usual, try to to maintain an atmosphere of courtesy and respect for others at all times. Yeah, I know it's Monday .... 

@Dyna Mole,

You might want to cut and paste this response to another thread that's been pretty active over this last weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Xiyuanbbb said:

I find that SL has dramatically increased my RL purchase and use of "Piled Higher & Deeper Student Researcher Repellent".

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Xiyuanbbb said:

Nothing in Second Life, the actual virtual reality platform, affects my real life consumption practices/patterns.

Being here on the Second Life forums sometimes makes me hungry through, and I get through a lot more popcorn than I used to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.