Tasty Malts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I almost caught one of those for "dating" in RL (extra tall, long hair, fully tatted, the whole works) - he said I wasn't experienced enough. Flash forward, he's been married quite a few years. 🙂 ("One that got away")

Oh noooooo. So close, yet so far away. 😭

It was a fairly common look in the circles I ran in back in the clubbing days, so I'd always be freaking out every damn time I left the house to go somewhere. 😄 Pretty goths errawhurr.

The worst part, though, is once you hit like 30 and up, every guy you meet is like oh yeah, I used to have long hair down to my ankles. I cut it like 2 months ago. OMG NUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Grow it back, please! Naaaah, I got so bored with it.

8548094ccc6c41e1780ea4afb63ce356.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The worst part, though, is once you hit like 30 and up, every guy you meet is like oh yeah, I used to have long hair down to my ankles. I cut it like 2 months ago. OMG NUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Grow it back, please! Naaaah, I got so bored with it.

I will be cutting my own long hair very soon. *cries*

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

My hair only reaches my elbows .. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523j7s9ws444jrd0djzm

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh noooooo. So close, yet so far away. 😭

It was a fairly common look in the circles I ran in back in the clubbing days, so I'd always be freaking out every damn time I left the house to go somewhere. 😄 Pretty goths errawhurr.

My last BF kept saying he wanted to grow his hair longer, but after he'd been in the military he just couldn't do it. He said as soon as he felt it on his neck, he'd have to cut it. His SL avatar has long black hair though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Proof of how different men and women can be.

Pffft. It "proves" nothing.

There are greater variations in taste and preference between individual women than there are between women and men.

Stop trying to reduce the enormous complexity of gender identity, and how that is expressed by individuals, to handy little sound bytes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh well, if we're showing off vintage photos of Malts . . .

Here's Richard Parkes (or "Dick" as I like to think of him) being angry about something or another. Furries, I think it was.

Furry3

Here's a more recent pic of Dick, expressing his . . . um . . . "admiration" for @Eva Knoller

(Honestly, don't ask me. I just work here.)

Wanna-Make-Something-of-It-Blank.thumb.png.505f6db2df453c00894c1f6f9295ae09.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ladies, post pictures of your male alts so the guys can judge them.

This ^ comment is spoofing a similar one on one of the photo threads. The real reason I'm creating this thread is because someone suggested on another thread that real males should weigh in on how realistic are women's expections of how men should look in SL. The assumption in that post seemed to be that how women create a male avatar to look represents what they view as sexy. I think this may be true sometimes, but not always.

Anyway, if we're going to objectify avatars, let's do so with avatars that don't represent the gender we actually identify with in RL. I'm also curious how men think a male avatar should look, since women clearly dominate discussions of how female avatars should look.

I'll start with a look I threw together with a Brox! Mesh body & skin.

Evan-Brox!BodySkin16-Sept.3_001.thumb.jpg.8e18604b474064f6227be9fd4a51424f.jpg

Evan-Brox!BodySkin16-Sept.3_002.thumb.jpg.d86941c7db60e3f573d50ca27498d375.jpg

When I saw the title of this, I thought it was going to be about whisky!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is my male alt. Updated last year to be a little more current but not stand out. Including an empty profile and normally wearing Cologne de Mothballs, he comes out on the odd occasion when I just want to kick back and listen to some blues without needing to worry about pickpockets and loose women like myself. 

4077d33f7e80f27a009404c9a04e5646.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.