Furnishing my SL apartment bleeding into RL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So yesterday while I was shopping at Walmart (in RL), as I walked by the Home & Furniture section, I saw a dresser on the shelf for sale.   I instinctively started wondering to myself how many LI would that dresser take and if it had copy/modify permissions.  I then realized I was spending maybe a bit too much time furnishing my SL apartment.

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

1 minute ago, smoothazndude said:

So yesterday while I was shopping at Walmart (in RL), as I walked by the Home & Furniture section, I saw a dresser on the shelf for sale.   I instinctively started wondering to myself how many LI would that dresser take and if it had copy/modify permissions.  I then realized I was spending maybe a bit too much time furnishing my SL apartment.

LOL, I love this. Surprised I haven't done this myself.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

not to mention the ability to move objects with a mouse-click. 

I've had dreams I was in my RL home moving heavy items around with a drag and drop mouse action.  Mixing dream life, RL, and SL - I'm sure therapy would be a good idea at this point - but I fear the damage is done. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

When you go somewhere in RL  and it looks crowded and you tell your companion-- pan inside-- how long's the line?

12 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Convinced I can spot second lifers in RL just by how they dress. Always a bit ... different. Unusual. Interesting.  Maybe I'm kidding myself, maybe not. I never say anything mind.

So, just checking for alphas under short skirts .....?

• Haha 7

I've experienced SL-RL bleed a number of times. Recently when I was trying to decide what to wear in RL I though about putting on some cropped jeans I bought recently, then realised I'd bought them in SL...

I also have a few floral dresses in SL, which normally I wouldn't wear in RL..but I bought one in RL recently, and can see that it's a direct result of my SL purchases.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2023 at 8:53 PM, smoothazndude said:

If I see a piece of fencing that doesn't line up the same as the rest of the fence I want to click on it and fanny about with the XYZ to put it straight. 

On 7/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, BillFletcher said:

while i have never asked myself how many prims an item is i have seen in a store. I have on occasion seen people that looked like they just stepped out of SL

We have a Cosplay convention close to my home town quite often and these kids think they shock us with their outfits, especially the furries. I just love to see them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:58 PM, rasterscan said:

Convinced I can spot second lifers in RL just by how they dress. Always a bit ... different. Unusual. Interesting.  Maybe I'm kidding myself, maybe not. I never say anything mind.

Cosplayers most likely. Could be Marvel comic fans, or been following a series on Netflix or other streaming service, and write fan fiction but make themselves the stars. I love these kids, they have such great imaginations. I think for most of them they think Second Life is for oldies (or that's what I've been told by a few of them). 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After many years of furnishing rentals, I can instantly tell when an item of furniture is not aligned according to the numbers. And I'm always right, when something looks "wrong" and I see it is at 181 or 269 or something. So I put it to the right numbers to get it at a squared-up angle.

In RL, I walk into a room, I see something is not "right" and have a moment when I stretch out my hand as if to right click to get the object menu and put that item to the right number....

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.