Are the Ranch Homes hard to Decorate?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It might just be me, but 5 of the 7 home styles the rooms seem too large to me and makes me want to add interior walls to divide them up.. but they I cant get nice dividing walls in because of how the windows are located. There are only two designs that I have figured out how to decorate to my liking. One is the L-shaped one (and yes, I did wall off the weird shaped areas with flat walls) which is named Silver Spurs. And the other is the little tiny Creek Stone one, which is basically a single room. It is cute, but a bit too small for me.

The parcel I got really doesn't want the L-shaped house, because it faces away from the best part of the front view (a little lake that you have to be raised up on porch t see over a stone wall). But I spent hours trying to come up with a room layout that works on the other rectangular homes... they look great on the parcel and the porch gives a great view of the pond, BUT.. I couldn't figure out how to decorate the huge huge living rooms or how to divide them up into smaller rooms. So I had to go with the L-shaped Silver Spurs and built an extra porch area at one end to view the pond.

Those of you who are successfully decorating the other styles with the huge living rooms and kitchen areas, I thought it would be great if you could share some tips on how you made it work well for you.

• Like 2

I chose the Spring View Model which has one really big open space off the the left as you walk in.  I used the big open space as a living/dining room and the smaller space at the back of the house as a kitchen.  For the living/dining room, I centered the furniture off a centrally located feature (a fireplace in this case) with a grand piano towards the front of the room and a dining table towards the back of the room.  I used area rugs to delineate the spaces.  This style may not be for everyone, but I love wide open loft-like spaces and enjoy the challenge of trying to make them more livable/cosy.

Living/Dining

image.thumb.png.d2446efe95ebbcc66542adebf42d4bda.png

Kitchen/Breakfast

image.thumb.png.28b4bfd21f2141d5a256b0a055181519.png

• Like 22

I chose the Buffalo Pastures home. I consider it to be the large of the small size houses. I'm well on my way to completing the interior furnishings, but still have quite a bit to finish. I did make a wall insert that I placed in the room on the staircase side. Here you can see that wall from the kitchen side.kit_001.thumb.jpg.a16ae34124aa20e1cec2590136353e2a.jpg

The bathroom is on the other side of that wall.

BR_001.thumb.jpg.9e20bc749ba942c9a366a13e50b6e52e.jpg

This leaves me with a rather large living room, but I like the space since I often find myself dancing either with friends or just by myself. I plan on putting a media center in the space between the front door and the fireplace. The sofa is facing that corner. I have a lot of finishing to do in this living room.

LR_001.thumb.jpg.8dd19edbfb74e01a55649d63861d752d.jpg

Up the stairs I plan to add a little library nook just to the right of the bedroom door.

librarylanding_001.thumb.jpg.8a4eff34a2002bb16e5f360f85594a2d.jpg

The bedroom also has a lot of finishing touches to be added but it's well on it's way to completion.

BR_002.thumb.jpg.3f812b29b03afbf975ce419438c7c98e.jpg

I really love the size of this home!

• Like 26

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I chose the Buffalo Pastures home. I consider it to be the large of the small size houses. I'm well on my way to completing the interior furnishings, but still have quite a bit to finish. I did make a wall insert that I placed in the room on the staircase side. Here you can see that wall from the kitchen side.kit_001.thumb.jpg.a16ae34124aa20e1cec2590136353e2a.jpg

The bathroom is on the other side of that wall.

BR_001.thumb.jpg.9e20bc749ba942c9a366a13e50b6e52e.jpg

The wallpaper is exquisite!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also went with Buffalo Pastures:

:dianthus_002.png.79bbb943f8f9aeb67904fe3f09fbd140.png

That's the view as you come in: the right-hand side behind the kitchen is walled off and divided into a bathroom and a snug, while the left-hand door leads to a large nursery:

dianthus_007.png.56b73973577fa01904d729067daca76b.png

The library is at the bottom of the stairs:

dianthus_010.png.db7feced5e69a832427a71fdf8766f76.png

Admittedly the den is a bit poky, and by the time I've added coving I will have no prims left, but I am just no good at open-plan.

(I briefly added an en-suite to the upstairs bedroom but decided that was too many extra walls even for me and put in a closet instead.)

• Like 15

I decorated a Creek Stone for my friend and found that I wouldn't want a house to be any larger than that, personally. I walled-off a bedroom just off the kitchen, and I added a powder room accessible from outdoors with full plumbing (no need to rough it in the world of fantasy).   So no I didn't find it difficult at all to decorate the Creek Stone; I haven't tried the others though.  (And I certainly have no trouble landscaping the larger area; I could lay out trees for days...................................)

Joan's Ranch_018.png

Joan's Ranch_019.png

Joan's Ranch_017.png

Joan's Ranch_016.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Was the Ranch houses on the same page as the other Bellisseria homes? The page is missing Victorians, Stilt on water and Stilt on Pier now.

Yes, same expanded page, but probably sold out for now along with the other themes you mentioned.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yes, same expanded page, but probably sold out for now along with the other themes you mentioned.

And 6 hours later, the exact same themes is sold out. Ranches, Victorians, Stilts on water and Stilts on pier. 

LL should make more of these themes. I do not think it will be a mass exodus from Premium homes to PPlus homes. Victorian and Stilts are still very popular. 

• Like 4

There will be 19 more regions of Vics once Vic Island is completed.  I'm hoping that if the northern edge of LogLand is ever completed, they will continue to fringe it with stilts, but that appears to be a fairly distant dream.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

There will be 19 more regions of Vics once Vic Island is completed.  I'm hoping that if the northern edge of LogLand is ever completed, they will continue to fringe it with stilts, but that appears to be a fairly distant dream.

Which part is the dream, the finishing the coast or fringing it with stilts?  I suppose if the former doesn't happen, the latter becomes moot.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Which part is the dream, the finishing the coast or fringing it with stilts?  I suppose if the former doesn't happen, the latter becomes moot.  

The Log Home coast will be completed. More Stilt Homes will be added. There will be more Victorians soon when Vic Island is done. Eventually there will be a southern coastline for the Ranch Homes. I'm hoping these things will be a reality by Christmas 🎄. I'll ask Santa Linden if I see him. 🎅  

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Here's a YouTube video on decorating a Ranch Home.

Some good ideas there. I like the kitchen, how he edited in a fridge there so it looks like it belongs to the Apple Fall Plantation kitchen. 

Using many of his ideas and swap some high li parts with lower li, would make it possible to decorate an even bigger house. He has mostly low li things, so it is not much to save. I have 1 li curtains from What Next, it is much to save when it is so many windows. I can also get sofa and bed with lower li.

I think, if I should decorate a Ranch, I should forget it is a Ranch and decorate it as a would do with a bigger Victorian. I do not feel any connection to the Ranch theme.

• Like 3

Every time I land a spot I like; someone moves in with an enormous (often the size of the entire back end of the parcel) out of theme pool.

I like the Ranches, but I can save 29.99 if I can't get away from the swimming pools, haunted houses, palm trees, and other assorted things that seem absurd to me lol. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.