Are the Ranch Homes hard to Decorate?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It took me a little bit of time to figure out how to decorate one of the ranch homes.  I finally settled on the Knotty Pine home, and though I'm not done with all the inside rooms, I'm feeling good about the large main room is shaping up. 

20230726RanchHouse_001.thumb.jpg.0138ccfa9905ba603e458bcbc7aafba1.jpg

20230726RanchHouse_002.thumb.jpg.63ada12b7fa59d31fed231a9377b42e9.jpg

20230726RanchHouse_003.thumb.jpg.d467f396a7e0c2f413557e729ee677b4.jpg

I'm still working on the exterior, but I'm planning on sticking with a garden shed, vegetable garden, chickens, a cow, some apple trees ... I'll post more pictures as I get remaining decor more finalized. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Every time I land a spot I like; someone moves in with an enormous (often the size of the entire back end of the parcel) out of theme pool.

I like the Ranches, but I can save 29.99 if I can't get away from the swimming pools, haunted houses, palm trees, and other assorted things that seem absurd to me lol. 

My first few ranch homes just did nothing for me. Yes, bigger back yards but the front of the houses all seemed to be looking straight into other houses. It felt cramped. Then I got my house in Lumpkin. It’s halfway up a hill, rocks & wheat field on one side, positioned above the road on the other 3 sides. It feels private & I have to cam to really see the neighbours. There are good homes out there, just keep looking Fay. You know you always find the good ones eventually.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

Every time I land a spot I like; someone moves in with an enormous (often the size of the entire back end of the parcel) out of theme pool.

I like the Ranches, but I can save 29.99 if I can't get away from the swimming pools, haunted houses, palm trees, and other assorted things that seem absurd to me lol. 

1. I wonder how many of those parcels with pools have avatars that actually float around in them or if they are for aesthetics only.

2. It is an easy/lazy way to decorate a large backyard without having to give it too much thought.  

3. I have so darned many bushes and trees around my pond, that I can't actually see the neighbor's yard unless I am camming around.  I have also been lucky in my neighbors, so far.  I don't like all their decorating/landscaping, but I don't have a giant pool nearby either.

• Like 4

On 7/24/2023 at 10:13 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Here's a YouTube video on decorating a Ranch Home.

Great video and I got inspired by his livingroom setup and used the layout to design my own livingroom.

However as of late this morning, please ignore the Utube comment that says "If you want to visit this house to check out the decor or premium plus area, my friend Isabelle has opened it up for a few weeks :)" and gives an SLURL. It was there this morning but the demo house was cleared, abandoned and has a new owner a of 11 AM SLT today. I discovered this when I logged on in the front yard as I had been there last night taking a picture when I logged off.

Thank you again to Isabrelle who opened her ranch home as a demo for all to visit and to Bsoul who made the video and to Persephone Emerald who posted it on the forum and made us aware of it.

As far a I know the utube video will continue to be available for a long time and only the inworld build has gone away.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 5:26 PM, Tomas McConaught said:

Sometimes, I wonder whether, if you walk into Patch's office, you would see a giant map of Belli showing what it will look like completed.

Not to mention all the home styles not yet created/approved/or even dreamt of - tiny homes, A Frames, apartment buildings, hobbit (earth sheltered) homes, barn conversions, big honkin tents, space habitats, igloos, actual DRIVEABLE houseboats/narrowboats.... (inhales) saltbox homes, carriage houses, castles, hovels, quonset huts, tree houses and - not to mention - the used refrigerator boxes under Linden Route 27 overpasses for Basic accounts.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.