Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Haven't see them properly yet. Yesterday was very late for me, so after the regions got online I logged off. So far it looks like logland but less trees and flat terrain. They look nice, and big. Not something I would go premium plus for. 

Wood houses are still odd to me. We don't build in wood. I guess with boathouse and stilt I'm OK with that, but I would like some theme in brick, English cottages or something like that. And logs have to be logs(although I have a half stone shell on mine 🙂 )

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tattoolady Young said:

is there a add on pack on market place  for LH Ranch - Stable View - Open plan?

I am sure there will be add-ons for every model of LH Ranch home but it may take a bit of time for the designers to get to know the individual homes and build for them.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ok. Maybe it's just California that hasn't caught up with the times yet. 👩‍🌾

I grew up in California. Moved to Texas in my twenties. First time I ever saw a round bale was after moving here. I thought to myself, "Okay everything really is bigger in Texas!" So yep, I only saw square bales in California. Hey, who knows maybe the square bale is modern and the round one old school. lol

So, my last comment above made me do a quick research on hay bailing. Appears the round bailers are more modern. But the square bales are easier to store inside barns. So both are still used.

So I'm going to have to decide which hay bale to use in my new home.

Edited by Blush Bravin
added results of a quick history lesson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is that a little burro I see?  I just found "Brighty of the Grand Canyon" on my bookshelves (I LOVE kids' books), and I'd love to have a burro!  I would make little panniers for him!

Yes, it is. That one is just decor but Teegle has donkeys and mini donks now. I am considering moving my minidonk to this pasture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I grew up in California. Moved to Texas in my twenties. First time I ever saw a round bale was after moving here. I thought to myself, "Okay everything really is bigger in Texas!" So yep, I only saw square bales in California. Hey, who knows maybe the square bale is modern and the round one old school. lol

So, my last comment above made me do a quick research on hay bailing. Appears the round bailers are more modern. But the square bales are easier to store inside barns. So both are still used.

As a current RL horse owner: It is cheaper and less labor intensive for a hay producer to put up round bales. There are plenty of "horse quality" options. However, I have "easy keepers" and can't just let them loose on a round bale, they'd get fat as ticks... so I buy "small squares" (two string) which generally weigh 60 to 70 lbs.

With the cost of producing hay these days, more producers are going to round bales, hope mine doesn't!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I missed the livestream announcement, so I really had to scramble yesterday evening when I discovered that they had already launched the Ranch Linden Homes! This was finally my impetus to upgrade my main male alt (who owns all the home and garden decor) to Premium Plus, and I snagged a very nice lot on my first try!

The landscaping is top-notch. I love the little detail of the birds sitting on the wires! (see attached picture)

I had just enough time before bed to fiddle with all the house settings. I particularly like the fact that there's a built-in chimney, but you have to provide your own fireplace. God knows when I am going to find time to decorate! At the moment I am dragging all my alts through the SL20B Shop and Hop event, vacuuming up the gifts...PRIORITIES, people!!! 😜

Ranch_House.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I popped in late last night to see the new homes. I think the environment is really nice, especially the amount of space between the houses and the gentle, rolling hills. I think once more people see this environment, more will want Premium Plus, especially if the next set of 2048 m homes are more posh.

I saw your moving truck, Blush, and thought that was a cute touch. 🚚🏡

The big hay bale rolls have their upsides, but it's easier to build a fort from the smaller rectangular ones.

haybalefort.thumb.jpg.c8be310648be0317f9f44c1934da00be.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Nice little grumpy / sleepy mole touches...

Snapshot_147.png

Oh no! Now I'm imagining halloween decorations for the Ranch Homes - People sucked into combine harvesters, creepy scarecrows, children of the corn,... @Abnor Mole, Maybe when the Ranch Community Center goes in, there could be a teleport to The Cornfield?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love the sounds on these! It's so authentic--I hear coyotes and moos and all that here where I live. I am a little over an hour outside of Nashville. These farms are very similar to here. The hills are not quite as pronounced in the LH ranches though, we have hills shading into very small mountains here and deep valleys. the train passing is neat too, though I have never lived near one. 

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 7

I find them very middle of the road and too traditional American again.
A bit too much like we already have plenty from in Bellisseria.
I almost used the words predictable and boring.
But I'm in a good SL20B mood, so I won't. 😋

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

The regions are calming to the eyes and the hills roll along nicely.  The addition of the utility poles is great!  And I love the ability to turn off and on the wagon wheel at the front by the mailbox.  The soundscape is excellent as always. 

I wish there were more water and falls, but I can understand why there isn't.  And the lots are big enough to add one's own water  (really, 350 Li of water if we want, seeing as we've been trained to decorate on 350 Li already!)

The variety of houses is really nice.  The Aspens are lovely.  The Moles did a smashing-good job with making the regions feel comfortable and "finished." 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Well, then, perhaps more accomplished builders from other countries need to become moles. I didn't notice any outcry that Sakura is inauthentic; possibly because some of the moles were able to bring their own cultural experience to the project.

LL made it clear that they are hiring :)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, then, perhaps more accomplished builders from other countries need to become moles. I didn't notice any outcry that Sakura is inauthentic; possibly because some of the moles were able to bring their own cultural experience to the project.

If I knew more about building, I would apply.
But I could only become Clueless Mole. 😂 The guy who holds the ladder and hands the nails.

Plus, I have the feeling that a few longstanding Moles are the theme builders the rest of their Moles lives.
And they are good at it, no doubt about that. Really good (except maybe a bit LI heavy, but that are choices I guess)
But if the same persons keep doing the same jobs for years and years,  the chances that one gets more of the same are obvious. They have their own handwriting and ideas.

This new theme is so traditional Americana again.
Even the fantasy theme and the chalet theme (that is supposed to be German/Dutch/Austrian) have a lot of Americana elements, when you look only at the buildings.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Spelling, spelling, spelling..... it must be an English text.
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

But I could only become Clueless Mole. 😂 The guy who holds the ladder and hands the nails.

Plus, I have the feeling that a few longstanding Moles are the theme builders the rest of their Moles lives.
And they are good at it, no doubt about that. Really good (except maybe a bit LI heavy, but that are choices I guess)
But if the same persons keep doing the same jobs for years and years,  the chances that one gets more of the same are obvious. They have their own handwriting and ideas.

Even the fantasy theme and the chalet theme (that is supposed to be German/Dutch/Austrian) have a lot of Americana elements, when you look only at the buildings.

..but you are going to create and sell extensions/accessories/etc. for the new homes, correct?

Just asking!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I almost used the words predictable and boring.
But I'm in a good SL20B mood, so I won't. 😋

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I could only be Clueless Mole. 😂

But if the same persons keep doing the same jobs for years and years,  the chances that one gets more of the same are obvious.

Even the fantasy theme and the chalet theme (that is supposed to be German/Dutch/Austrian) has a lot of Americana elements, when you look only at the buildings.

The Moles are not all American. I chatted with one from England. The Chalet theme is supposed to represent a German-American area, rather than an actual German, Bavarian or Dutch region. I agree though. I think in the future there should be homes that represent lands that our non-US residents would like to live in. The Mediterranean is a very popular vacation region in for Brits and Europeans. Mexican vacation regions are popular for Americans and a sizable percentage of our Spanish-speaking residents. I'd like to see islands with colorful coastal villages - similar to those in Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Mexico. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I hope the new theme evokes Ranches so much that:

- You feel as if you could step in a cowpie at any minute

- You catch yourself looking out for those "special mushrooms"

- You find yourself wondering if a barbed wire fence would be any protection against Bots and the neighbor's stray horse

- Suddenly, "Get off my lawn!" becomes, "Git off my land!"

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The Moles are not all American. I chatted with one from England. The Chalet theme is supposed to represent a German-American area, rather than an actual German, Bavarian or Dutch region. I agree though. I think in the future there should be homes that represent lands that our non-US residents would like to live in. The Mediterranean is a very popular vacation region in for Brits and Europeans. Mexican vacation regions are popular for Americans and a sizable percentage of our Spanish-speaking residents. I'd like to see islands with colorful coastal villages - similar to those in Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Mexico. 

The largest group are the Americans in SL. But at least half of the SL population come from outside of the USA.

I personally think that the Lab should take some more challenging themes on:
Futuristic\space, Medieval, South American, rain forest

They could start new continents for certain themes. There is no reason that everything get's connected like one big chunk of land IMHO. Like let's say 50 Medieval regions around a nice scenic castle in the center.
100 Regions with a big Mayan temple in the center and the rest tropical houses surrounded by rain forest, a bunch of regions with Venetian style of housing and chanels, and, and, and.

Or island groups with themes with Indiana Jones in mind, or Harry Potter or Startrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, The Flintstones or an adult theme with the Kama Sutra in mind.

With a bit of fantasy a lot more is possible than only American style houses,trees and a few roads, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.