Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We got the knotty pine because it has that attic with the pull-up ladder as Patch mentioned. At first I thought it was too shapeless and simple, but it has some "back offices" sort of rooms with a hallway that is perfect for making the Honorary Consulate of Titania and the Diplomatic Pouch game which we will bring back.

2048 seems like a lot to fill. The yards are very big. 703 prims. I guess I will put out some crops.

Henry managed to get a 3.5 protected one on the first role. I say "3.5" because it has a kind of corral between two other lots.

Note: it's going to take at least a week or more to get this going again as I am moving at 78 RPM.

Jan 22_006.jpg

Jan 22_007.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

We got the knotty pine because it has that attic with the pull-up ladder as Patch mentioned. At first I thought it was too shapeless and simple, but it has some "back offices" sort of rooms with a hallway that is perfect for making the Honorary Consulate of Titania and the Diplomatic Pouch game which we will bring back.

2048 seems like a lot to fill. The yards are very big. 703 prims. I guess I will put out some crops.

Henry managed to get a 3.5 protected one on the first role. I say "3.5" because it has a kind of corral between two other lots.

Note: it's going to take at least a week or more to get this going again as I am moving at 78 RPM.

Jan 22_006.jpg

Jan 22_007.jpg

Found some great cowboy hats for this theme, too, at Grasshopper's.

March 2023_079.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

We got the knotty pine because it has that attic with the pull-up ladder as Patch mentioned.

The Knotty Pine is just too much house for me so Tiggie and I made our own secret attic room for the Creek Stone.  😁  Granted, one has to click on the sleeping bag or a chair or something to enter but that's okay;  I like "secret".  Now to decide on some wallpaper.....

Attic_001.thumb.jpg.ff099c9743bdf5d7d5ae016ac5a747c7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Every time I see a picture of that red tractor I hear the Green Acres theme song in my head now, thanks to whoever posted that YouTube clip. 😆 

Those hay bales though? As far as I know, cylindrical bales are more often a European thing, while US hay bales tend to be rectangular. Isn't this Ranch theme supposed to be American?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Every time I see a picture of that red tractor I hear the Green Acres theme song in my head now, thanks to whoever posted that YouTube clip. 😆 

Those hay bales though? As far as I know, cylindrical bales are more often a European thing, while US hay bales tend to be rectangular. Isn't this Ranch theme supposed to be American?

See them all the time here in Texas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SilenzZzz Mistwalker said:

being in the US ... i see the big round haybales all the time on fields around me... 

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

See them all the time here in Texas.

Ok. Maybe it's just California that hasn't caught up with the times yet. 👩‍🌾

• Haha 1

Power/Telephone Poles and Wires

In RL, I live in a somewhat rural area and I wish the poles and wires were underground, as they are for many houses not far away. In the western US, "undergrounding"  is an important aspect of forest fire prevention. It is more expensive initially but with lower maintenance costs.

For me, the poles and wires in the Ranch Theme detract from an otherwise beautiful build. I found myself purposely avoiding them in photography. Too bad they are there. This is similar to corner posts in the stilts.

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

See them all the time in my neck of the woods as well..AKA the Midwest.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Power/Telephone Poles and Wires

In RL, I live in a somewhat rural area and I wish the poles and wires were underground, as they are for many houses not far away. In the western US, "undergrounding"  is an important aspect of forest fire prevention. It is more expensive initially but with lower maintenance costs.

For me, the poles and wires in the Ranch Theme detract from an otherwise beautiful build. I found myself purposely avoiding them in photography. Too bad they are there. This is similar to corner posts in the stilts.

I live in a rural area myself in first and have the telephone poles.  I think it is a nice touch on the regions.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The round bales are larger, cheaper per quantity of hay, and can be left outside in the rain. A large modern farm is most likely making round bales, regardless of location. The square/rectangle ones might be used by small farms that don't need much hay or simply because they have an older hay baler that they're determined to keep using until it rusts away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got excited and burned through my choices too quickly… So I had to bring an alt online and upgrade her membership… Which is a good practice for walking someone new through it at some point if they need it because I had never gone through the payment method steps needed to connect a paid SL account to PayPal. 
I like the Knotty Pine model ok but it’s quite big and open - those tchotchkes and furnishings that don’t have strong LOD lower levels may collapse across the room! I’ll see how many of these models I can decorate before a new P+ theme is available. I probably won’t keep 2 P+ homes in this theme but one of these and one in the Premium area might be nice.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.