What Are Some Hidden Features?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hidden features are always a fun discovery so I was wondering what else is there that myself and other people don't know?? I just discovered that you can reply to an IM through your email by literally just typing it out and sending it.. I know I know facepalm most of you already probably know bout that but like let's list some hidden features! 😂

Edited by xXJupiterHeightsXx Starchild
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, shireena1 said:

There is a hidden feature in the forums, that if you type in an inappropriate posting, the posting quickly gets deleted, and you receive a nasty email about it in your inbox lol.

Plus if you type an F-bomb or similar, it will be converted to useful "asterisks"!  This is a hidden "AI" feature!

Similar to "Gestures" in Second Life if you tie a Gesture to a typed word.

For those who do not use "Gestures" in Second Life, those would also be "hidden features" because they can be used for so many things - to trigger sounds, animations, etc. I have not used "Gestures" for years.

• Like 3

If you're using Firestorm, the gth (go to height) and rezplat (rez platform) are very useful.  I was surprised a.lot of long-time Firestorm users were unaware of this option.

The Favorite Wearable is also a life saver.  LL really needs this in their viewer if it isn't there already.

• Like 10

On 6/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, shireena1 said:

There is a hidden feature in the forums, that if you type in an inappropriate posting, the posting quickly gets deleted, and you receive a nasty email about it in your inbox lol.

I've also had that when I told truths. It must be a bug though, it must be.

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/15/2023 at 4:25 AM, xXJupiterHeightsXx Starchild said:

Hidden features are always a fun discovery so I was wondering what else is there that myself and other people don't know?? I just discovered that you can reply to an IM through your email by literally just typing it out and sending it.. I know I know facepalm most of you already probably know bout that but like let's list some hidden features! 😂

Take some time to go through the menus in the viewer you use. Features aren't hidden, you just have to know where to look. The best way to do that is... look at the menus and the extended menus. Then turn Advanced on and look at those menus. Then turn on Develop and look at those menus. Do plan on doing this over a period of time because some of the menus are a bit extensive depending on which viewer you use. And be very careful dinking around in Develop.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_3_menus#Advanced

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Develop_menu

Or you can cheat:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_3_menus

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What???? 😮

It rezzes a platform of the size you choose.  I used to use Mystitool years ago.  It would take you to a height and rez a platform.  Then, I discovered the chat commands.  First, Fly then gth (go to height) then rezplat.  

ETA...great for use in sandboxes.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/15/2023 at 7:53 AM, shireena1 said:

That feature is bugged for some people, I think. It sometimes triggers for no reason, or doesn't trigger when it should!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.