Second Life Mobile 2023 - First Look

Linden Lab

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why?

Some creators manipulate things in ways things were never meant to be manipulated resulting in weird results at a later date.  I could describe a few instances for you but would be accused of picking on "creative geniuses" that were well aware they were causing future problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m so happy for unity making second life mobile for iOS and I still can’t wait to play it when it comes out late this year or early next year and I know it’s likely that the app will come out this year or next year but I’m eager to play on it it’s gonna be lots and lots of fun and awesome too 

Edited by kipperthedog

I think its coming out next year (Earlier next year) this is so exciting I can’t wait to play because so I can play second life when I’m home or not home on my iPad mini (I’m getting a iPad mini for Xmas this year how exciting that’s because my iPod touch is getting older it’s only two years old and I got it two years ago (2021) on my 23rd birthday in march of that year) I’m so very excited about getting an iPad mini for Xmas and I’m gonna get the second life mobile app when it comes which is likely to come out next year earlier next year January February or march by the way I’ll be 26 years old in march of next year 

Edited by kipperthedog

I was going to get the premium membership for second life for Christmas last year but I got it in may of this year instead (may 10 2023) that was almost two months after my 25th birthday 🎂 I was supposed to get the membership for Christmas when I was 24 but I got it after turning 25 I pay for it once a year and it costs 99 dollars a year to get it I’ve had it for seven months now hey wait a minute my membership turns 7 months today oh wow oh my goodness gracious I love my membership it’s fun because I get to have my own house my own land and I can buy whatever I want when get 300 linden dollars every week  on every Tuesday at 6 o’clock am in the morning i think it’s very cool 

Someone's gotta say it...it's disappointing that the alpha is only available to Premium Plus, and even then only for members that are selected after applying. As a Premium member, I am paying for Second Life membership too. And I spend more time on my (Apple) mobile devices than my computer. I would be an ideal tester, but like everyone else these days, there's only so much $$ to go around, and PP+ is outside my budget.

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would go for handing out the alpha version to people who have time and skills to find bugs and flaws and suggest improvements.
But no, it is all about to lure people into premium plus to make some extra USD.

I did a few testing projects over the time for educational software, but having to shell out extra money to maybe get the opportunity to test is new to me. I won't.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

The Second Life app brings the richness of the Second Life virtual world to your mobile device...and Second Life Premium Plus members are among the first to get access.

😢

I'm not that upset over it.  I can wait..  *taps foot*  I can do this..  

😜👅 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

Well said. 

52 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I would go for handing out the alpha version to people who have time and skills to find bugs and flaws and suggest improvements.
But no, it is all about to lure people into premium plus to make some extra USD.

I did a few testing projects over the time for educational software, but having to shell out extra money to test is new to me. I won't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I did a few testing projects over the time for educational software, but having to shell out extra money to maybe get the opportunity to test is new to me. I won't.

TBH, how are they going to vet who has time and skills to find bugs and flaws? Would this just be on your say so?

I am happy that they are only offering this to premium plus members for right now. I finally can justify the cost of my membership and it's nice they gave us this perk.  They had to start somewhere and I guess they figured that if you are paying for premium plus you are actually using and investing in SL. (don't come at me with arguments that isn't the case. I know full and well it isn't a guarantee)

I get that it's disappointing to those that pay for premium and not premium plus.  Maybe the alpha test will go well and soon premium members will get access.  

As for free members, they should get access once it's fully released to the public. (yes, free doesn't mean you don't spend money or are not supporting LL)

Also, what company doesn't use perks to "lure" entice members to upgrade their membership. That's how they make money. You make it sound like it's criminal.

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Should be open to a more general audience for testing and feedback.  

I agree, it makes more sense to include people who would be more passionate about it, instead of just pplus members, LL should be seeking out alpha testers who have the time to repeatedly test out the app, when they find a bug would be more so willing to repeatedly test that bug, and file a report.  As well as make proper reports specifically detailing the bug.  I think a lot of people are going to install this on their phones, get frustrated with it, and not touch it again.  Limiting it to Pplus, creates a smaller pool of people who are qualified to create such reports.  

At this point, it should not be a perk that one has to pay for, I would think this is more like a job.  But, eh, whatever.  My phone would not likely run it anyway, so I am out regardless.  I think a few people might get Pplus specifically to try to get the mobile app, and perhaps be a little frustrated when it doesn't function quite as well as they expected because they don't quite understand what being an alpha tester entails,  or the quality of the product.

/me flounces off (I'll stream SL until/if mobile is a free service)

For everyone else, don't forget about speedlight, you can do quite a lot with their viewer.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Thanks 2