THERE ARE NEW VICTORIANS BEING BUILT!

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

They are Victorians, so they are 1024. 2048 parcels will be a whole new theme.

I read this as LL will be focusing on content for Premium Plus members only going forward. Premium members already have a dozen of choices to chose from in the 1024 size. I hope this is not the case, but it seems like it may be, based on this comment. The Premium Plus members will need more than 1 theme to choose from, so if more home themes are in the road map, it makes sense to only create 2048. Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

I read this as LL will be focusing on content for Premium Plus members only going forward. Premium members already have a dozen of choices to chose from in the 1024 size. I hope this is not the case, but it seems like it may be, based on this comment. The Premium Plus members will need more than 1 theme to choose from, so if more home themes are in the road map, it makes sense to only create 2048. Thoughts?

Who knows what their plan is. But it is a shortage of Victorians, while large amounts of other types are empty. According to the Bonniebots Linden homes page, the 4 themes of most  "unpopular" empty Bellisseria houses is 6670 together. https://www.bonniebots.com/linden-homes

So it makes sense to build more of the popular theme?

belli available.png

Edited by Marianne Little
added "empty"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

I doubt that they will focus only on P+ going forward.  

How many Themes there will be for P+ will probably have to do with how many P+ accounts there are.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it going to be open floorplans for Victorians? Like it is for the Traditionals?

Patch, inworld, January 18th:

[13:47:16] Patch Linden: There's no hints about open floor plan Victorians....  You already know that is happening :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:38 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I doubt that they will focus only on P+ going forward.  

How many Themes there will be for P+ will probably have to do with how many P+ accounts there are.

Honestly we are still waiting for the first theme of PPlus homes to come out so.... I'm honestly wondering who all has dropped their Prem Plus because they got tired of waiting already.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having only a new theme for PP seems a bit limiting - so if people don't like the theme they might not be willing to pay for PP (if they want PP only for the extra home perks). Unless of course the new theme has some great styling customisation features that we haven't seen in previous themes. (Patch or someone did mention something about some new features coming in a future theme). The other alternative is that any themes after the next one are 2048 only too, giving some more variety.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2023 at 2:20 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Having only a new theme for PP seems a bit limiting - so if people don't like the theme they might not be willing to pay for PP (if they want PP only for the extra home perks). Unless of course the new theme has some great styling customisation features that we haven't seen in previous themes. (Patch or someone did mention something about some new features coming in a future theme). The other alternative is that any themes after the next one are 2048 only too, giving some more variety.

A little off topic, but there was talk a while back about how the homes had to be set in a certain spot to prevent Linden landscape from poking through the house. That problem should be less of an issue on a larger lot, thus homes could have dissimilar footprints and may even be able to shift direction, both requested features. 

Since vics are a beloved theme, I will venture that maybe some sort of vic will be part of the picks along with other requested styles like mid-century, modern, trads, and various "ranch" styles that could coordinate, as they do in RL neighborhoods. If vics are included, the artistry will be to coordinate the amazing, romantic landscaping with the various home styles. Maybe there will be sims regions landscaped to compliment home style a, b, c and others to compliment x, y, z. 

Counterintuitive perhaps, but I would be delighted to have a contemporary high-ceilinged "ranch" with vic landscaping. (A girl can dream.💗)  

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Vote For Diamond! If elected, I will plop down Linden Home regions with 10 or less 2048sqm parcels in the Victorian, Stilt, and Houseboat themes. Same size houses, bigger parcels, more prims, bragging rights. 

Houseboats on a 2048 lot??  Now, that is interesting, President Diamond!!  😆 🥰

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

It's a pity that the Linden Auction homes are on islands that would need rework to accommodate a 2048 parcel.  If they DO rework them sometime, maybe they could manage to put 2 parcels on the land, one of which could accommodate a HB or stilt, and the other a land parcel.  Win the auction and you choose the theme!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:
9 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Veto'd 😜

Veto'd ya say? Hah! What's this then? Looks like a 2048 houseboat with a little marina action on the side.

2048 houseboat.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

I am flattered that @Abnor Mole's response to my 2048 Houseboat image was to suggest that it had been photoshopped rather than to denounce it as heresy. Thanks. (the image he posted to make this point is not appearing anymore, don't know why).

In fact, the image was constructed by derendering a houseboat and divider dock and placing boats (sat upon by alts) in the scene. Photoshop was used for the marina dock and touching up the border lines.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.