THERE ARE NEW VICTORIANS BEING BUILT!

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow!  9 regions so far, east of Salmon Eddy!  And the northern edges are sharp dropoffs, so there will be more regions added at some point!  Moonstruck is placing homes!  No way to tell yet what models the controllers will hold.  

It looks like there will be quite a few coastal vics.  The southern and eastern coasts are already terraformed.

And yes, wouldn't be surprised if the Community Center goes there!  I wonder if they'll do a land bridge to the main Vic area?

*runs around dusting her home in Dimanche*

• Like 10

Hopefully they fill the whole void there (other than the buffer zone for fantasy). It does make the most sense for the community center, as the other unfinished Victorian bit is a squishy edge on the log area. There's more space to work with in the void bit and it's more central to the theme.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Looks like there are some houses further back in SSPRose Wishes.
Vics really do have the nicest looking "coastlines". And probably distance views. The fact they're not jam-packed(yet) with houseboats is so nice.

You're another who don't like houseboats with Victorians. 🍷

It is not that I dislike houseboats, but I think they clash terribly with 2 styles. Victorians because it looks so out of place, and Stilts because I think the Stilt color scheme is so light and airy, and the dark Houseboat decks/piers look jarring next to the light Stilt ones.

The new Houseboats look like they can work nice with Victorians, but not the old models.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You're another who don't like houseboats with Victorians. 🍷

It is not that I dislike houseboats, but I think they clash terribly with 2 styles. Victorians because it looks so out of place, and Stilts because I think the Stilt color scheme is so light and airy, and the dark Houseboat decks/piers look jarring next to the light Stilt ones.

The new Houseboats look like they can work nice with Victorians, but not the old models.

I don't necessarily dislike houseboats either, but I agree that they'd mostly clash. The modern homes already have little in ways of ocean views that isn't looking at a future neon-filled parking lot lol.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, animats said:

Who thought the big win in the virtual world business would be suburban sprawl? Oh, the banality. That's what people want, though.

The real question is, WHY do we want it?  One thing that Belli does is mimic the home-buying experience really well.  [At least the American one; never bought a home in another country].  Home-buying is fun; you get to look at a lot of different pieces of real estate, a variety of neighborhoods; etc..  The Game of Homes is fun in almost exactly the same way.  SL is offering a way to do a pretty luxe RL activity for very very little money!

Relatively few people in RL can afford to actually buy a single-family home, and of those who can, even fewer can buy into a nice neighborhood that they really like, or that has ocean views, etc.. Again, that's where SL comes in.  It really scratches that own-your-beautiful-home itch.

Getting mainland, finding a home to your taste (or building it!), isn't much like any real estate interaction in RL.  Few people get to build their own home; shopping for a prefab in SL is not much like choosing a design to build in RL, you don't fear your neighbors will build a purple castle ...

You are mourning that people aren't exploring the creative opportunities of SL when they get a LH.  Instead, be happy that so many people are fulfilling an out-of-reach RL dream.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

If we want realism, let's have a suburban neighborhood of small, run-down houses with weedy yards and chain-link fences. The sound environment should be cats and dogs, angry screaming people in the distance, random gunshots and fireworks, and police helicopters giving muffled descriptions of some guy in a hoodie with a backpack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If we want realism, let's have a suburban neighborhood of small, run-down houses with weedy yards and chain-link fences. The sound environment should be cats and dogs, angry screaming people in the distance, random gunshots and fireworks, and police helicopters giving muffled descriptions of some guy in a hoodie with a backpack.

You can rent in Crack Den if you want that.

There used to be a neighborhood like that near me in Kama City. It was about half a sim set up to look like a bad neighborhood in Baltimore. But one day they moved out. It was replaced by one big house with a big park. Gentrification has come to Zindra.

• Haha 8

All of the homes have been placed on Vic island, and landscaping is well underway.  The coasts are nice - I'm particularly fond of the terraforming on Miercoles (Wednesday!), can't wait to see what the moles do with it.  I've been seeing green dots in the SSPVCR region now and then, eager to see where it lands.

• Like 4

Fun ideas for Miercoles, @Abnor Mole

• It has a very deep inlet (seen below).  Would be cool to set the shore up sort of like Miners Landing in Seattle, a deep little harbor.
    • Ferris Wheel
    • A little set of shabby storefronts that people could rent for 3 months via calendar. No commerce, but LMs to inworld store/gallery permitted?
    • Ferry to ... Rigamarole?  
  • Since "miercoles" means Wednesday, would be cool if someone made an Addams Family build adjacent to it!  Maybe a few PP owners there would find it fun to each do their own Addams interpretation.  We could have a Wednesday contest :)

Wednesday_003.jpg.f958a160e8b596f6e26dda17d9586fc5.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

They are Victorians, so they are 1024. 2048 parcels will be a whole new theme.

Is it going to be open floorplans for Victorians? Like it is for the Traditionals?

In the future?

With the large footprints for Victorians, it could really be something to do creative interiors with. I could make open plan - kitchen/ living room in one... 🤩

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.