Polling to See What Female Avatar is the Most Attractive in Current Opinion

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Extroverts are rated more attractive than introverts. There's a whole science to it.

Someone that makes a closed off or hostile profile vs someone that doesn't will trigger the same sort of response.

If your profile is loaded with things designed to shut people down before they even begin, that's closed off or hostile. Including things like don't IM me for sex, type better, look better, and so on.

Funny enough, the ones I know with the most hostile and aggressive profiles are way more extroverted than I am. 😄

Me, an introvert - Hi I'm a dork, talk to me.

Them, extroverts - if you can't emote, don't even waste my TIME RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Them, extroverts - if you can't emote, don't even waste my TIME RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ahaha.. that sounds more like a borderline psycho that i met the other day, not necessarily what extroverted people care for.

Most of my girls were extroverts and i am too, we never gave a single f** about emoting, para rp and such things,

did other thing in SL such as photos, playing some games with friends and talking about our real etc.

Dont judge people based on the mayers-briggs test, its bs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Funny enough, the ones I know with the most hostile and aggressive profiles are way more extroverted than I am. 😄

What's kind of wild for me is, in RL I'm an extrovert.. I'll start conversations in store lines with total strangers, or jump into conversations going on around me.. I'll jump up and talk to the whole room  if I  have an in.. I don't even have an ounce of stage fright..hehehe

In world I'm like the total opposite in some situations, unless I'm in like group chat or general chat..  I literally never IM anyone, but in group settings I thrive..

As far as emotes go, If I am one on one with a person.. I much rather have a conversation than feel like we are running a scene of some kind.. I usually just act like they didn't happen.. They just kind of make me uncomfy because a lot of times they have to do with touching me  out of the blue and in both worlds i don't like that unless I know it's coming.. hehehehe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Ahaha.. that sounds more like a borderline psycho that i met the other day, not necessarily what extroverted people care for.

Most of my girls were extroverts and i am too, we never gave a single f** about emoting, para rp and such things,

did other thing in SL such as photos, playing some games with friends and talking about our real etc.

Dont judge people based on the mayers-briggs test, its bs.

I don't know much about that test. I think I took it once years ago and it didn't relate to me whatsoever. I treat it like astrology and completely ignore it.

But that's only one example. I've seen that type of thing in profiles a lot. I've always been a random profile reader and there are some fun ones out there. Oh, and if you venture into the Picks section, you might see a few paragraphs dedicated to said thing that annoys them most. 😄

And these are the types of profiles I'd see not just from the occasional friend (who would admit they were being a bit hostile but were tired of random IMs in general), but from avies who were right smack in the middle of the action on whatever sim I happened to be on. Attractive avatars, a flock of people around em. They sure liked being the center of attention, but only wanted to chat with people who made it through their Picks checklist unscathed.😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What's kind of wild for me is, in RL I'm an extrovert.. I'll start conversations in store lines with total strangers, or jump into conversations going on around me.. I'll jump up and talk to the whole room  if I  have an in.. I don't even have an ounce of stage fright..hehehe

In world I'm like the total opposite in some situations, unless I'm in like group chat or general chat..  I literally never IM anyone, but in group settings I thrive..

As far as emotes go, If I am one on one with a person.. I much rather have a conversation than feel like we are running a scene of some kind.. I usually just act like they didn't happen.. They just kind of make me uncomfy because a lot of times they have to do with touching me  out of the blue and in both worlds i don't like that unless I know it's coming.. hehehehe

Ohhh yeah, you're the opposite of me. Funny enough, I love starting up random conversations with people, too - even in real life. But I'm a very small-scale conversationalist. One to maybe four people, max. Any more than that, and I try to shrink under the furniture, LOL.

I'm the type of nutter who will keep a customer service rep on the phone for 2 hours while trying to pay a bill (talking about everything BUT said bill), but if I get invited to a party, nope not happening don't ask me. 😂 

Funny enough, that translates to SL in a way. I can handle a few more people being added to a private group convo or something, and in general, group chats are okay, but physically standing in a whole room full of avatars and talking to everyone? Probably not!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ohhh yeah, you're the opposite of me. Funny enough, I love starting up random conversations with people, too - even in real life. But I'm a very small-scale conversationalist. One to maybe four people, max. Any more than that, and I try to shrink under the furniture, LOL.

I'm the type of nutter who will keep a customer service rep on the phone for 2 hours while trying to pay a bill (talking about everything BUT said bill), but if I get invited to a party, nope not happening don't ask me. 😂 

Funny enough, that translates to SL in a way. I can handle a few more people being added to a private group convo or something, and in general, group chats are okay, but physically standing in a whole room full of avatars and talking to everyone? Probably not!

That's like my father ..My father will talk someones ear off.. I will too, but not like him..

Let me put it this way.. Jehovah witnesses  won't even go to his house anymore, because he would invite them in and wear them out for hours to the point that they were wanting to leave and then would keep them there even longer..

A couple times is all it took before they must have told each other, you don't want to go by that house.. hehehehe

• Haha 4

So... in SL we measure attractiveness by the number of IMs one gets while in a club? I suppose that has some merit. I tend to think it is more a measure of who looks f-able and easy. I am convinced that at some level good looks are counterproductive for dating. Which if true, reinforces/supports my idea that it likely isn't a simple matter of looks that attracts males to females in SL

Is the OP trying to find the best, most attractive body BRAND? Because what one does with a body after they buy it would seem to be more a factor than the brand it self.

So, what would be a good measure of attractiveness?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's like my father ..My father will talk someones ear off.. I will too, but not like him..

Let me put it this way.. Jehovah witnesses  won't even go to his house anymore, because he would invite them in and wear them out for hours to the point that they were wanting to leave and then would keep them there even longer..

A couple times is all it took before they must have told each other, you don't want to go by that house.. hehehehe

Dyinnnng. This one place I worked - I would get out at 4:30pm. I'd leave the building at 7 or 8pm. Why? Talking to the security guard at the front desk. 🤣 Coworkers who put in extra time would pass by like - didn't you leave 3 hours ago? Listen...we're talking about fishing here! This is exciting stuff! 😂

I do this in SL, too. If I'm helping someone do a makeover or I'm decorating for them or something, forget it. Prepare to block out the entire afternoon because we are going to CHAT while we do this thing.

As far as attractiveness goes, that's actually something else I can add to my list. I'm more likely to find a chatty person attractive whether they're outgoing or not - IF they have a lot of different topics they can talk about. Conversation is hot, what can I say. In that case, it doesn't make one ounce of difference what their avatar looks like.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, Stephanie Misfit said:

I once knew a guy who hung out at sex places using a mobile client. He definitely did not care what any of the female avatars looked like, he just took a cursory glance at the name and profile to determine if they seemed like a woman before IMing them for sex. Why a mobile client? He was doing this from work.

I know I get plenty of IMs in adult places the very second I TP in. There is no way I have had time to rez for those guys in a laggy place before they IM me. They just see a feminine name and start with their "Hello gorgeous" crap while I am probably still just a cloud (or Shreked).

On 12/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I didn't wonder why YOU messaged me.  I wonder why, even with an abundance of men at the club, I rarely get IMed.  90% of the time, no matter where I go, I have to initiate conversations.  

I think these two points are related, and are why Rowan doesn't get as many IMs as other women.  

They look at the avatar's name first, and often they just stop there. They don't look at anything else in the profile, they're not even looking at your avatar. They're just spamming out a list of identical IMs to everyone with a feminine name and ignoring anyone whose name is ambiguous or masculine. Only after getting a reponse to the first "phish" will they start to look at the avatar or the profile.

"Rowan" is most definitely an ambiguous name, leaning towards masculine (especially here in the UK where it's exceedingly rare as a feminine name).  They're not IMing you because they're terrified of IMing a man by mistake and they're stopping at your name before checking anything else.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, Orwar said:

My alts get hit on a fair bit, and it's not like I dress them like nightwalkers when in public.

Still get hit on plenty more when I'm out and about on Orwar, though. 

I never, ever get hit on as Lewis.  Then again, Orwar is much better looking. :D

On 12/7/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I am exactly the same - much more an extrovert in RL than I am in SL. I think its partly because in RL I can see what people are paying attention to; I can tell if they're totally absorbed in one other person, or scanning around the room looking for someone to talk to, or sitting in a corner reading their phone. You can't see any of that in SL.  So any other avatar you meet, you can't tell if they are busy in an IM or even AFK altogether. So I am much less likely to talk to someone I don't know in SL than I am in RL.  But I am much more likely to chatter away in local chat. than I am to send or engage in IMs.

Then again, I often find that peolple misunderstand what extrovert/introvert actually means. It does not mean "how talkative you are". It means "do you get energised from being around other people (extrovert) or do you need time alone to re-energise (introvert)?"

I'm an extrovert because being around other people energises me; the more the better, even when I'm not directly interacting with them. In fact sometimes it's better if I don't....

And after all of that, I realise I have not answered the OPs question.

My preference for a female avatar is one that is curvy but natural, and tending towards overweight. I'm not a fan of inflated boobs and butts with a teeny tiny waist, but rather, an overall thicker and more natural shape. Larger breasts, yes, but not looking like they're silicone implants.

T21_017s.thumb.jpg.58f2becd644f9d20aef4dedabc2878ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It does not mean "how talkative you are".

Yes most confuse it with someone being chatty, had all sorts of girls claiming to be INTJ's, INFP's blah blah according to Mayers and wouldn't close it for a minute to breath some air.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

They look at the avatar's name first, and often they just stop there. They don't look at anything else in the profile, they're not even looking at your avatar. They're just spamming out a list of identical IMs to everyone with a feminine name and ignoring anyone whose name is ambiguous or masculine. Only after getting a reponse to the first "phish" will they start to look at the avatar or the profile.

I can certainly live without THOSE IMs.  I honestly don't think that is the majority of men, though.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I can certainly live without THOSE IMs.  I honestly don't think that is the majority of men, though.  

I agree,It isn't the majority of men for me..The ones probably looking for female names are more than likely the ones saying lazy things like, Hi HRU and keeping it short because they are throwing a bunch of lines out to see who bites.

Most of the IM's I get are comments about my profile or pictures or something I've said in it. Half the time the person is on the other side of the sim and I actually never even see their avatar other than their profile..

Mine isn't set up in any serious way and meant more silly and playful for people to read and look at than anything else.. Something like, making fun of disclaimers.

"Disclaimer: If you IM me, it means I get all your RL stuffs".. That or, "When you see it you'll sh*t bricks".. Then below that say, "Kidding there really isn't anything there".. hehehe

I get some of the Hi HRU's, but mostly get the ones that make comments on my profile or my avatar or maybe what I'm doing at the time, like swimming or something..

I think if people set their profile up with all kinds of rules to be able to talk to them or feel the need to lecture about the world and how everyone else should act in it, it's like throwing a ring of eggshells down around them and makes them less approachable..

Where being more silly and less serious might feel more approachable, leaving people more icebreakers and can lead to more entertaining conversations..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I am exactly the same - much more an extrovert in RL than I am in SL. I think its partly because in RL I can see what people are paying attention to; I can tell if they're totally absorbed in one other person, or scanning around the room looking for someone to talk to, or sitting in a corner reading their phone. You can't see any of that in SL.  So any other avatar you meet, you can't tell if they are busy in an IM or even AFK altogether. So I am much less likely to talk to someone I don't know in SL than I am in RL.  But I am much more likely to chatter away in local chat. than I am to send or engage in IMs.

Then again, I often find that peolple misunderstand what extrovert/introvert actually means. It does not mean "how talkative you are". It means "do you get energised from being around other people (extrovert) or do you need time alone to re-energise (introvert)?"

I'm an extrovert because being around other people energises me; the more the better, even when I'm not directly interacting with them. In fact sometimes it's better if I don't....

And after all of that, I realise I have not answered the OPs question.

My preference for a female avatar is one that is curvy but natural, and tending towards overweight. I'm not a fan of inflated boobs and butts with a teeny tiny waist, but rather, an overall thicker and more natural shape. Larger breasts, yes, but not looking like they're silicone implants.

Ya, there is definitely an energy boost and feeling right at home..I think there is chatty and talkative, which happens in a smaller group or one on one.. Then there is communicating with the whole room or coming alive and being the life of the party..

I think there is shy extroverts as well as those that communicate and thrive in crowds and in between as well..Just like anything, there are levels of it..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I never, ever get hit on as Lewis.  Then again, Orwar is much better looking. :D

Pfft. 

Honestly I'm still confused by people. I would have thought most women who see Orwar would think him too scary-looking to chat up - but even whilst in blood spattered clown getup, I've been hit on by strangers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There definitely are a few guys around who will toss out IMs at random without paying much attention to anything else, but I think men on the whole are much pickier than that. I personally went from getting quite a lot of IMs years ago to seeing virtually none at all. The only difference I made between then and now - I made my pre-frog main avatar progressively less "pretty," by most standards. Surely, if men weren't looking at my mostly shaved head, whited-out eyes, full body/face/head skull tats, full-face piercings, and monster makeup, they'd catch my name in their frantic spamming. But that never happens.

I get compliments from people I know or happen to be chatting with (in a shop or something), but the random "Hey, behbeh!" - not these days, which is totally fine by me!

Funny enough, I've been hit on wearing my frog, but I assume they were joking. Right? RIGHT?! 😳

• Like 1

Now that I've added right in the first line in my profile "Male IRL ..." again, gosh, the flirting IMs from random gents have taken a nose dive in number.

Sometimes I can be dancing alone in Tag for hours and not a peep from 12+ lonely male avatar wallflowers, no idea why though ;) Might be the height snobbery thing?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That isn't introvert vs extrovert, that's rude vs. nice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.