The Updated Traditional Homes

AzureWaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmm.  @Abnor Mole, the traditional texture pack needs to be updated.  The current one does NOT contain the interior White texture (which is new).   I assume My Colors is tinting that interior White texture when we define a new color, yes?  (Interestingly, the pack still contains Ice Grey and Blue, both of which are no longer in the menu. That's probably a good thing.)

Why do we need the White plaster texture? So we can texture a block with it, toss on the materials as well, set Studio Light (which is still a tiny bit directional), and use that to come up with numbers to feed My Colors.  Which is MUCH more efficient than defining a whole lot of not-quite-right My Colors while you're trying to get the exact right tint, and then re-rezzing the house to get rid of them. 

(p.s. if you ever want a person to beta test a new naming scheme for colors rather than 'Color n', which is very cumbersome (but I understand, code space lalala) CALL ME.  When I start deleting colors, the naming scheme seems to renumber them, so I have no idea which ones remain.)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

Ice Grey Explained

So, it you color your "new trad" walls White (I am using LH - Traditional - Adams v4.0 vAAl1) and then texture a prim with "LH - Traditional - Interior - ice grey" and put it next to a wall for comparison, you will see that it is a very close match in luminosity. As noted above, the wall texture is different.

In other words, new wall texture + White = old ice grey

I tried the RGB for ice grey on the new wall texture and it came out much darker than ice grey on the old texture.

New Open Plans

I am going back to the original Adams as it had an open floor plan to begin with. The Ansel makes it too open for me and eliminates wall space that I like. One benefit is that in the revised Adams, you can make the 3 rooms different colors (not possible in the Ansel).

I looked at the other 3 open plans and they seem reasonable.

Also, I appreciate the reference to the photographer Ansel Adams in the naming of this Linden Home.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 4

Some color carts, like Sherwin-Williams, does not use RGB. Let us say I like Ice cube. Ice Cube SW 6252 - White & Pastel Paint Color - Sherwin-Williams

d306968eb2a99e37c4f0609065adaff8.png

But Encycolorpedia can find it for me.

Here is the search result for ice cube - Search (encycolorpedia.com)

d6319c12ec4e70de0aebbfae4c2b098c.png

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Some color carts, like Sherwin-Williams, does not use RGB. Let us say I like Ice cube. Ice Cube SW 6252 - White & Pastel Paint Color - Sherwin-Williams

But Encyclocolorpedia can find it for me.

This is amazing Marianne.  When I have time later I will try to recolor my walls.  Grumbles about change not always being a good thing and walks off.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

When I have time later I will try to recolor my walls.

If you have an RGB and want your  v4 traditional wall to be that exact color, you first need to skin the wall with "blank texture" prims (or blank texture mesh), as the v4 traditional texture will make everything look darker.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

If you have an RGB and want your  v4 traditional wall to be that exact color, you first need to skin the wall with "blank texture" prims (or blank texture mesh), as the v4 traditional texture will make everything look darker.

yeah. When I first applied the Ice Grey it was a dark grey.   WTHeck?  I figured I would have to use a third party wall system.  This does not make me happy, but no choice at this point.  I will still play around with the colors and see what happens.  Thanks Diamond

20 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

We got a parcel where we wanted exactly this, in fact I posted a show-and-tell about that home.  I'm not sure D-VINE sells the exact addon we bought any more, (so primmy!), but we were able to modify her build extensively until we got exactly what we wanted, which was nice.  Way past time to update that build, maybe I will now that we have the open layouts.

What a beautiful place and lovely home! And it really has a victorian feeling, but this add-on is too big for me. I prefer small places.

For now I'm using this Blush's Porch and it comes with a gable trim that adds a victorian touch.

Continental.png.0ec1f322d2d3ba6bed9c95e79c2ffc85.png

However, now with the open plans I have to say that I'm considering change to the Alderley, that was always my first choice, but never used because of those rooms with door.

Edited by DemeraraGirl
  • Like 6

Has anyone had any trouble getting the creation pack and the security system from the mailbox of the updated Trads? I have tried twice to get them and they still aren't in my inventory. 

@Quartz Mole, thank you! It's all fixed now!

Edited by Annie Nova
To add
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

Has anyone had any trouble getting the creation pack and the security system from the mailbox of the updated Trads? I have tried twice to get them and they still aren't in my inventory. 

Yes , i have the following message :

"You have chosen : LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack

One moment please , while i ask the remote server to deliver an LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack to you"

And i get nothing... 

Same with the security system.

• Like 2

I am very gray at the moment. Here is another collection of gray: 136 Shades of Gray Color With Names, Hex, RGB, CMYK Codes - Color Meanings (color-meanings.com)

I like it when gray get friendly with other colors. I prefer greens when they are close to gray. Heather, Sea and Sage are favorites. Same with other colors, they get much softer when they are cousins to gray. Pink Gray, Purple Gray and Rose Quartz is so much more softer than bubblegum and baby pink.

So the link over is working for other than "just gray".

Yellow is a color that I find hard to mix with gray. Maybe Bone is a gray yellow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

I have tried numerous times at my main's traditional location.  No luck.  However, my alt was able to get hers in her region. **shrugs**

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

2 hours ago, vahiti Yiwama said:

Yes , i have the following message :

"You have chosen : LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack

One moment please , while i ask the remote server to deliver an LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack to you"

And i get nothing... 

Same with the security system.

Same here. I've tried this on 2 separate parcels and can get neither the content pack nor the security system. Even waiting nearly 24 hours for delivery from the first one, still nothing.

• Like 2

• Moles
18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

But Encycolorpedia can find it for me.

If you want to convert hexadecimal colour codes to LSL, there's a simple userfunction in the wiki:

vector hex2lsl(string hex)
{
    integer i = (integer)("0x" + hex);
    return <(i >> 16) & 0xFF, (i >> 8) & 0xFF, (i & 0xFF)> / 255;
}

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Color

You could use it in something like this:

integer iChannel;
integer iHandle;

key kToucher;

vector vColor;
{
	string s = llGetSubString(hex,0,0);
	if("#"==s){
		hex = llDeleteSubString(hex, 0, 0);
	}
}

default {

state_entry() {
		llSetTexture(TEXTURE_BLANK, ALL_SIDES);
	}
	touch_end(integer num_detected) {
		kToucher = llDetectedKey(0);
		iChannel = llGetUnixTime()*-1;
		llListenRemove(iHandle);
		iHandle = llListen(iChannel,"",kToucher,"");
		llTextBox(kToucher, "Please enter the hex code for the desired color, and hit \"Submit\"",iChannel);
	}

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message) {
		llListenRemove(iHandle);
		message = llStringTrim(message, STRING_TRIM);//trim leading and trailing spaces and other non-printing characters
		vColor = hex2lsl(message);

llSetColor(vColor, ALL_SIDES);
		llRegionSayTo(kToucher,0, "The LSL equivalent of "+message+" is "+(string)vColor);
	}

}

NB  LSL expects hex codes to start with "0x" rather than "#", so this script converts the # sign.   If your hex code starts with anything other than "#" you will need to tweak this code.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
6 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

48 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I have tried numerous times at my main's traditional location.  No luck.  However, my alt was able to get hers in her region. **shrugs**

15 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Same here. I've tried this on 2 separate parcels and can get neither the content pack nor the security system. Even waiting nearly 24 hours for delivery from the first one, still nothing.

I've just checked, and our remote server is delivering content packs.   

Things to check -

• Please check your block list (Communicate>Block List in the Official Viewer,  Comm>Block List in Firestorm) and make sure you don't have Milli Mole blocked/muted (it's not a good idea to block any Moles and Lindens, and certainly not Milli).    If you have, unblock her and try again.
  • If you're sure you don't have Milli Mole blocked, touch the house controller and hold down the mouse key for at least 2 seconds before releasing it.   This resets the main script.  Give it a couple of seconds to restart and re-read all its parameters, including the current ip addresses of the remote servers, and try again.    

Do check your block list first, though, because it's very easy to block people by accident when you think you're simply dismissing a menu, and that's almost always the cause of this kind of problem (I've certainly done it a few times).

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Things to check -

• Please check your block list (Communicate>Block List in the Official Viewer,  Comm>Block List in Firestorm) and make sure you don't have Milli Mole blocked/muted (it's not a good idea to block any Moles and Lindens, and certainly not Milli).    If you have, unblock her and try again.
  • If you're sure you don't have Milli Mole blocked, touch the house controller and hold down the mouse key for at least 2 seconds before releasing it.   This resets the main script.  Give it a couple of seconds to restart and re-read all its parameters, including the current ip addresses of the remote servers, and try again.    

Do check your block list first, though, because it's very easy to block people by accident when you think you're simply dismissing a menu, and that's almost always the cause of this kind of problem (I've certainly done it a few times).

I don't have any Mole or Linden in my block list, I already checked that.

And resetting the House Controller doesn't change anything, I've already done it several times.

My alts don't get anything either. 

Edited by vahiti Yiwama
Ajout d'un "détail"
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Things to check -

Hi Quartz, I don't have Milli blocked, and I reset the main script, still no content package or security system. Any other suggestions? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Opened ticket #1985448   yesterday and also left the original problem house and got another one in Esplin and same thing happening...all I wanted was the new traditional content pack on my Main.   Milli is not blocked and I reset the controller.   Gremlins in the system  :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Things to check -

Hi Quartz, I have checked my block list (no Moles on it) and tried resetting the mailbox, stil no good. I am still getting the "Welcome to Bellisseria" notecard which gets sent to me again every time I click the mailbox. I'm getting quite the little collection of those :D

Also confirming I'm not in "Busy/Unavailable" mode

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you want to convert hexadecimal colour codes to LSL, there's a simple userfunction in the wiki:

{
}

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Color

You could use it in something like this:

integer iChannel;
integer iHandle;

key kToucher;

vector vColor;
{
	string s = llGetSubString(hex,0,0);
	if("#"==s){
		hex = llDeleteSubString(hex, 0, 0);
	}
}

default {

state_entry() {
		llSetTexture(TEXTURE_BLANK, ALL_SIDES);
	}
	touch_end(integer num_detected) {
		kToucher = llDetectedKey(0);
		iChannel = llGetUnixTime()*-1;
		llListenRemove(iHandle);
		iHandle = llListen(iChannel,"",kToucher,"");
		llTextBox(kToucher, "Please enter the hex code for the desired color, and hit \"Submit\"",iChannel);
	}

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message) {
		llListenRemove(iHandle);
		message = llStringTrim(message, STRING_TRIM);//trim leading and trailing spaces and other non-printing characters
		vColor = hex2lsl(message);

llSetColor(vColor, ALL_SIDES);
		llRegionSayTo(kToucher,0, "The LSL equivalent of "+message+" is "+(string)vColor);
	}

}

NB  LSL expects hex codes to start with "0x" rather than "#", so this script converts the # sign.   If your hex code starts with anything other than "#" you will need to tweak this code.

I'm not comfortable with scripts, so I think I am going to continue with the Encycolorpedia. It gives the RGB color code in the small square, not in the long text next to the image.  

56a8f2934a132c731a53eecf525d6487.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.