The Updated Traditional Homes

AzureWaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What are your thoughts on these new models?

1. Adams -> Ansel

2. Alderley -> Adelaide

3. Continental -> Canterbury

4. Winchester -> Westminster

The wall texture flickers on the Westminster model, by the stairs. Is anybody else seeing this?

The new wall textures are more textured, I don't love it. How do I revert back to the first generation walls? Is there an option?

Edited by AzureWaves
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I don't have a trad but I think it's great news that they updated the floor plans:) I hope people post some pics I'd love to see the interiors.

There's nothing like actually seeing them.  For anyone who is curious but has no trad at the moment, you can drop by to see this Continental, now changed to the open version, Canterbury.  Note that it has an addon porch.

I have a few things scattered around outside, but it is empty inside and not completely landscaped.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Santa Louisa/98/146/26

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

There's nothing like actually seeing them.  For anyone who is curious but has no trad at the moment, you can drop by to see this Continental, now changed to the open version, Canterbury.  Note that it has an addon porch.

I have a few things scattered around outside, but it is empty inside and not completely landscaped.

Great location! The Continental is the one Trad I never considered, and I've completely forgotten what its interior/rooms looked like. Was it two rooms with doors upstairs? Separate rooms downstairs?

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3

I'm so happy with this news!

A couple of months ago I abandoned my lovely Victorian to try again a Traditional, mostly because I got one on a region I love.

This time I choose the Continental model, because I wanted a Victorian feeling and I think this model is great for this. However I have to say that I have never entirely satisfied with that big closed room upstairs, but now, with the open floors, I'm going to see what I can change.

Edited by DemeraraGirl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DemeraraGirl said:

This time I choose the Continental model, because I wanted a Victorian feeling

We got a parcel where we wanted exactly this, in fact I posted a show-and-tell about that home.  I'm not sure D-VINE sells the exact addon we bought any more, (so primmy!), but we were able to modify her build extensively until we got exactly what we wanted, which was nice.  Way past time to update that build, maybe I will now that we have the open layouts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I replaced my Adams with an Ansel, all interior walls gone. So far, so good.

Then I used My Colors to give my walls custom colors. However, regardless of the wall I pick, ALL on the interior walls are given that color.

My expectation is that it would work the same as the stilts, that is, the walls of each room can be given a different color.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you Moles for the naming protocol - where the open version starts with the same letter as the original. Now maybe I can keep up. Was this done in Fantasy too? (I was gone by then.)

I upgraded a Winchester. And I hate it!

There is nothing wrong with the updated model. It's me. It was cohesive before and now it's not. There's something to be said in favor of what happens after months and months of constantly tweaking a build!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Thank you for sharing Nika, it looks really nice. I used to own that same parcel, and I loved it. I wish I could have kept some of the parcels I have owned in the past, but I would need like 20 alts...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

We got a parcel where we wanted exactly this, in fact I posted a show-and-tell about that home.  I'm not sure D-VINE sells the exact addon we bought any more, (so primmy!), but we were able to modify her build extensively until we got exactly what we wanted, which was nice.  Way past time to update that build, maybe I will now that we have the open layouts.

Thank you, Nika. What a difference! The second floor is lovely now. No walls really make a difference there. But I was sad when I was downstairs, and looked at that long wall without windows. I always thought that Continental should have windows there.

Has anyone other models we can see? I never used Alderley. That house was feeling so small. And I used Winchester a lot, but I loved my own, big add-ons, and used the default rooms for bedroom, bath and kitchen.

I used Adams with a big add-on from Teegle. That add-on is really good. Not only that it's more room, but it has lovely big windows. Second Life Marketplace - [Teegle] Bellisseria Adams Home Addon

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you, Nika. What a difference! The second floor is lovely now. No walls really make a difference there. But I was sad when I was downstairs, and looked at that long wall without windows. I always thought that Continental should have windows there.

Has anyone other models we can see? I never used Alderley. That house was feeling so small. And I used Winchester a lot, but I loved my own, big add-ons, and used the default rooms for bedroom, bath and kitchen

I use the Alderly and have already went for the open plan (although I will go back to the previous model). I will put some pics when I get home this (my) evening. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

I like the open floorplan idea so much :)

Continental / Canterbury is still my favourite Linden House and I'm actually going to probably build the same walls in the Canterbury as previously existed in the Continental -- but now with the open floorplan I can take out the interior door upstairs, the only "Fix" I ever really secretly wanted from that house.   Happy days ❤️ Thank you Moles and Lindens :D

• Like 4

Out of all the traditional floorplans, the Adams is my favorite.  On one end I have a bedroom, bath and the the other end is the kitchen/dining.  The entry room is the living room.  I am profoundly claustrophobic in 1st, and unfortunately it followed me here to 2nd so I like large rooms and large homes.  Oddly enough the Adams does not give me the feeling of being closed in with the walls.  I tried all the new floorplans and promptly went back to the original Adams.  In the process I lost my favorite wall color...The Ice Grey.  It is no longer an option so I am very unhappy about that.  I prefer soft neutral colors and not the garish colors that have replaced some of the previous colors in the traditionals.   @Quartz Mole, can you not put back the ice grey texture?  Pretty Please?  If not, it's a real bummer that I have to use a interior shell for all the walls now, as LI is at a premium as it is.  sighs...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Out of all the traditional floorplans, the Adams is my favorite.  On one end I have a bedroom, bath and the the other end is the kitchen/dining.  The entry room is the living room.  I am profoundly claustrophobic in 1st, and unfortunately it followed me here to 2nd so I like large rooms and large homes.  Oddly enough the Adams does not give me the feeling of being closed in with the walls.  I tried all the new floorplans and promptly went back to the original Adams.  In the process I lost my favorite wall color...The Ice Grey.  It is no longer an option so I am very unhappy about that.  I prefer soft neutral colors and not the garish colors that have replaced some of the previous colors in the traditionals.   @Quartz Mole, can you not put back the ice grey texture?  Pretty Please?  If not, it's a real bummer that I have to use a interior shell for all the walls now, as LI is at a premium as it is.  sighs...

Have you tried to put in the RGB for Ice Gray from a website? Gray Color Codes - colorcodes.io

8aae14b720e10e1896fb43be1f54bf2a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Try 215, 218 214 ---might be very close.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I liked the original Ice Gray as well! They seem to have replaced it with WHITE and replaced the textures too - not liking it better than v1.

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Have you tried to put in the RGB for Ice Gray from a website? Gray Color Codes - colorcodes.io

8aae14b720e10e1896fb43be1f54bf2a.png

I did Marianne.  I took the Icy Grey texture from the old content kit and entered the codes and it gave me a dark grey.  I checked to make sure I had done it right several times.  same results.  The wall kit is 3 IL.  Not much really.  But every LI counts in the Linden Homes.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.