You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks like you get the dev kit with it and can rig from the get go..  I'll demo it just to see where it's limits are, but  I really doubt I'm gonna add another body to my collection.. I mean unless it can really move a lot on the sliders to where it has a really big range..

If it's like kupra and kind of stuck in that kupra like zone, i doubt I'll toy with it for too long.. but it'll still be interesting to demo :)

ETA: I forgot to ask, is this body out right now?

Edited by Ceka Cianci

27 minutes ago, Dragon Hijinks said:

Man, folks in SL love fat booties but hate fat bodies huh. :T

I'm personally waiting for ANIMA's body line, they'll be releasing a pair of proper chubby bodies alongside the usual thin, muscular, and average builds. Hoping they'll be good!

I'm more a fan of full figure than just big booty big bewbies.

How long before the ones you're talking about get released?

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm more a fan of full figure than just big booty big bewbies.

How long before the ones you're talking about get released?

There's no solid release date yet to my knowledge, but at the speed they're working we'll hopefully see the first pair in the first half of next year!

The sculptor for the project, Crow, occasionally poses previews of his work on Twitter-- https://twitter.com/e_x_i_t_3

Edited by Dragon Hijinks
  • Thanks 1

I saw the YouTube video yesterday. It looks like he did everything right as far as features. I don’t know if it can unseat Kupra in the curvy body market, but it definitely looks like he was taking notes. 

We might have hit body fatigue in the curvy market at this point.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's weird how much support a first-time body maker has gotten from third party designers. Off-Line was promoting it in that brand's in-world chat channel. He must be making some sweetheart deals with those creators, because this body. . .

Woof.

It looks similar to the Anthro avatar I seen in one of his videos..  I don't know anything about fury avatars at all, but maybe a good cross over if there aren't too many of those.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

I don't think it's a new body. I'd heard of it some time back but.. no thanks. Ew is really all I can say about the shape in that image.

After watching that video, I don't think it's released yet.. He was talking about kits being given out differently after the release and the video is only like a day old..

I have seen that peach name and logo before, but might have popped up in other searches looking for things for a body.

I was surprised by how much support it's already getting. It looks really bizarre in the promo pictures and that video, but judging by some pictures in their discord it can be toned down a bit to look like regular Kupra or Reborn with maxed out sliders, which would still be considered grotesque by a lot of people. The default butt shape reminds me of BBL and 9s bodies as well.

As far as I know, the main selling points are alpha hud, deformers included in the hud, Omega support, Maitreya shoes and accessories compatibility, and butt physics. Their previous body was an anthro wolf, so I assume this one is going to be mod as well. Seems like they know what they are doing, aiming at the Kupra crowd while hoping to attract some furries and Maitreya users as well. The body itself is going to be released sometime in December, I think.

But I can't help but sigh seeing another very curvy body. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sissi Slacker said:

I was surprised by how much support it's already getting. It looks really bizarre in the promo pictures and that video, but judging by some pictures in their discord it can be toned down a bit to look like regular Kupra or Reborn with maxed out sliders, which would still be considered grotesque by a lot of people. The default butt shape reminds me of BBL and 9s bodies as well.

As far as I know, the main selling points are alpha hud, deformers included in the hud, Omega support, Maitreya shoes and accessories compatibility, and butt physics. Their previous body was an anthro wolf, so I assume this one is going to be mod as well. Seems like they know what they are doing, aiming at the Kupra crowd while hoping to attract some furries and Maitreya users as well. The body itself is going to be released sometime in December, I think.

I was looking at that anthro avatar and if you compare them, especially since it comes with features for fury also.. I'm thinking this is a meet at the crossroads body.

kinda like in some skin stores, you see those off to the side skins for  fantasy avatars.. I think this body is kind of doing that, like walking into a fury store and seeing the off to the side human option, but with the option to stay fury as well..

It's pretty cartoony with the zero gravity breasts and hips that you can set a glass of wine on.

A lot of us get stuck in this, look as realistic as we can mindset, Myself included.. I think this body is for people that want to really explore the fantasy side of SL..

I'm wondering if they might have been getting a lot of input like, I wish I had a human version of this Anthro.. It really feels like it is aimed towards  a more moderate SL crowd than someone looking for just furry or just realistic.

What I'm kind of excited about is, seeing a body coming from a fury community going into the human market..I don't know if it's been done already or not.. I want to see how much freedom there is with it compared to the more restricted human bodies we are used to..  Maitreya is no mod, Legacy no mod, Genx is no mod but heard through the grape vine it might be some day. Reborn is mod , but how much is mod,  Erika is mod.. Is those mod bodies the same as fully mod?  I don't know much about that..

I've always heard the fury market when it comes to things like bodies and heads, there is more freedom..  I think it will be interesting to compare.. :)

If it is aiming towards trying to get numbers like the more popular human bodies.. I don't think that's gonna happen at all.. I mean Kupra is gradually dropping off because of other more realistic bodies showing up. It will be interesting to see if it has an impact on kupra though..

This is all just morning tea time chatter coming from me and a lot of speculation.. Damn, I need another cup, that went fast.. hehehe

• Like 2

Usually furry bodies don't really move out of the community, and even then they are actually much less popular than the normal human-made bodies. They just have more made for them, so many people with furry characters just stick to the usual everyone else does. I think the main reason why people might use furry bodies is because they are usually mapped differently, so might be easier to make textures for.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What I'm kind of excited about is, seeing a body coming from a fury community going into the human market..I don't know if it's been done already or not..

Kemono, circa 2014

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Kemono/6070005

Most of the market went to clothing for the human legs and human skins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Usually furry bodies don't really move out of the community, and even then they are actually much less popular than the normal human-made bodies. They just have more made for them, so many people with furry characters just stick to the usual everyone else does. I think the main reason why people might use furry bodies is because they are usually mapped differently, so might be easier to make textures for.

Most mesh furry head users wear human bodies with leg mods and furry skins instead of dedicated furry bodies.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If they get enough creators on board and don't charge too much for it, it could be a Kupra killer. And the creators don't need to be big-name designers, just template makers, seeing as furries are usually fine with making their own textures (and can then sell them on to the humans, lol). This kind of body isn't really for people who care about (or indeed wear much) clothing, and the alpha cuts and ability to wear freebie Maitreya stripper heels could well be enough to lure curious Kupra girls into demoing it.

• Like 2

On Facebook, I saw person share that was almost (including Peach) 100 bodies and mods for females, it really made me feel for creators/designers as puts more pressure and even though I am female in world, it made me feel for the guys as they sorely need the love and more clothes! i just question if us females really need yet another female mesh body to add to the already over saturated female mesh body market?!

Just my opinion, I respect if others feel different but I feel we have more than enough bodies plus add ons for those bodies as it is.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

That backside is, frankly, grotesque. 

No more so than anything else, in the eyes of the beholder.  Shapes and skins can be altered.  And there are a few different deformer versions in the HUD to choose from (for multiple body parts).

On 11/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

If it's like kupra and kind of stuck in that kupra like zone, i doubt I'll toy with it for too long.. but it'll still be interesting to demo :)

On 11/3/2022 at 4:07 PM, Janet Voxel said:

I saw the YouTube video yesterday. It looks like he did everything right as far as features. I don’t know if it can unseat Kupra in the curvy body market, but it definitely looks like he was taking notes. 

We might have hit body fatigue in the curvy market at this point.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:50 AM, Sissi Slacker said:

Try the exact same shape with all the other bodies and then with the Peach.  It'll be blatantly clear which one has more promise.

On 11/3/2022 at 3:02 PM, Dragon Hijinks said:

Man, folks in SL love fat booties but hate fat bodies huh. :T

On 11/4/2022 at 1:50 AM, Sissi Slacker said:

There are all kinds of bodies (both in SL & RL), but, oh yeah, this seems to be a thing.  I go to A-rated regions and I'm hard-pressed to find those without accentuated curvy parts looking like they're having much fun, TBH (myself included ... And yeah, it took me FOREVER to upgrade from basic avatar to even Maitreya - nothing like upgrading to a tried and true artifact, right?  *le sigh*).  ...I even start to see more curvy avatars around more normal traffic gaming places or sales shopping areas too:  Maitreya -but only stretched out to the max.  eBody.  Belleza.  And especially Kupra.  It's an attention-getter, for sure.  I suppose you can only be on SL for so long before your "average stick figure" avatar lacks enough imagination to keep on getting that same kind of attention.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely in love with these types of bodies because when I try to wear it to my own realistic size, I have to be like 8 feet tall and my SL BFF says I "look more like her in RL and it's not accurate to my own RL body," but this is kinda like working with different art medias and making the same exact project (like, do you prefer pointillism, or do you prefer scratchboard?)  ...PLUS, it's been brought to my attention, numerous times throughout life (yes, I'm a chick, and old, shut up, LOL), that men do seem to like "more cushion for the pushin'" (this theory would likely be proven by someone's SL BF/hubby randomly buying them this body ...gee, I wonder why).  😛  In conclusion, there are fads humanity goes thru.  Romantic era of voluptuous women got pushed out because only the rich could look as such.  Come every New Year's resolution time, I look around at my peers and know that Twiggy has also become antiquated.  Perhaps an acceptance of balance is deserved (and this could very well be it, folks)!

On 11/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, CalypsoJewel said:

I don't think it's a new body. I'd heard of it some time back but.. 

This is a brand new body that was painstakingly done and done and redone for at least 3 years.  

On 11/3/2022 at 9:08 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's weird how much support a first-time body maker has gotten from third party designers. Off-Line was promoting it in that brand's in-world chat channel. He must be making some sweetheart deals with those creators, because this body. . .

On 11/4/2022 at 12:36 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

It looks similar to the Anthro avatar I seen in one of his videos..  I don't know anything about fury avatars at all, but maybe a good cross over if there aren't too many of those.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I was looking at that anthro avatar and if you compare them, especially since it comes with features for fury also.. I'm thinking this is a meet at the crossroads body.

Well... You may recognize Spider from fantasy designs like the Dragon Guardian or the Ascendant Wings.  Although I have had both for a very long time, I like to fancy myself a succubus.  His wings are the best, IMO.  My very skeptical SL friend did put this to the test ... and needless to say, he was no longer trying to debate it after he bought me several pairs of wings to see for himself, how they couldn't be bested.  Spider's wings are in EVERY SINGLE outfit my avatar has.  On that note, I did come across some more things at Fantasy Fair of his, thought to ask him for a custom, and then I fell into this rabbit hole of the Peach...  I was along the lines of several ppl who helped him gather creators to help him with this project, so that it wouldn't be released without some clothing options.  Spider is an extremely caring creator (blood, sweat, and tears is an understatement, IMO), because his work speaks for itself.  Additionally, beforehand, he developed the Anthro, which helped him perfect The Peach.  ...When you apply to any art college or art career, your portfolio has to be diverse to prove your worthiness.  This is exactly that.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, StarlanderGoods said:

Sking, Kupra, now this, all similar bodies with similar aesthetic for their promos, Im starting to think they have a warehouse full of this bodies and they just release one every year or so.

Its a big pass for me.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

It's a no from me. I didn't think it could get worse than Kupra, but I was wrong. 

Spider is Spider.  He's not affiliated with Kupra. 

...Believe me, in the interest of science, if you've toured some of the dark A-regions for research, it could always be WAY worse!  xD

6 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

On Facebook, I saw person share that was almost (including Peach) 100 bodies and mods for females, it really made me feel for creators/designers as puts more pressure and even though I am female in world, it made me feel for the guys as they sorely need the love and more clothes! i just question if us females really need yet another female mesh body to add to the already over saturated female mesh body market?!

Just my opinion, I respect if others feel different but I feel we have more than enough bodies plus add ons for those bodies as it is.

Agreed.  But you never know.  The Anthro has both male and female versions. 

...Plus, sadly, most guys might be elsewhere other than SL, IMO, as female things seem to sell the most here (just look at weekly sales), other than, perhaps real estate.  I hear that Final Fantasy has the best of both worlds for both genders... But who knows?  You can't do some of the more realistic adult things there that you could here, so...  😛 

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield
grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

No more so than anything else, in the eyes of the beholder.  Shapes and skins can be altered.  And there are a few different deformer versions in the HUD to choose from (for multiple body parts).

There's no way that ass can be brought down to anatomically possible proportions - even with the strongest deformer in the pack. Combined with the waist ratio that makes it look impossible for there to be internal organs in there, it's a no for me dawg. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.