18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I actually peeved so hard about YouTube's crappy algorithm once, I used uBlock Origin to completely eliminate the suggested videos panel. It's been a few years since I've seen it now.

It keeps trying to get me to watch sports videos, mainly boxing, and soccer, despite the fact I NEVER watch sports videos because they bore me to tears.

It also keeps trying to make me watch "Gangsta cRap-Hop" videos, which I loathe, you'd think hitting "don't reccomend channel", a few hundred times would give it a hint?

Worst one though was some guy called Hassan something, I hit "dont reccomend channel" about 30 over the course of several months, times before his face stopped showing up on my list.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh I've heard that! He also does a version of Mr Tambourine Man, and it sounds like he's having a nervous breakdown at the end 😬

You asked for it.

https://youtu.be/ainyK6fXku0?si=cmDOu9fWnjJPQuUq

ETA: I really want Shatner singing Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And I thought we were FRIENDS!

😢

Awwww, but we are! I can't help it if I like stoopit stuffs. 😂

Just be glad I don't share the rest of that playlist with you. 172 songs, 10 hours of straight up nonsense.

Here, I can make it up to you. Go hop on YouTube and listen to Chrystabell - Swing With Me - Live from The Ace Theater in Los Angeles. Linking to not flood this thread with videos.

PEEVE that it took me so long to find out about her (and David Lynch's music in general)! Thank you Spotify. 😀

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Awwww, but we are! I can't help it if I like stoopit stuffs. 😂

Just be glad I don't share the rest of that playlist with you. 172 songs, 10 hours of straight up nonsense.

Here, I can make it up to you. Go hop on YouTube and listen to Chrystabell - Swing With Me - Live from The Ace Theater in Los Angeles. Linking to not flood this thread with videos.

PEEVE that it took me so long to find out about her (and David Lynch's music in general)! Thank you Spotify. 😀

Ooh. Nice . . . ! Thank you!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think you may have accidentally reversed your peeve/unpeeve here?

The Hoff singing Feliz Navidad with autotune????

What's next? Bill Shatner singing Rocket Man????

ETA. Listening now. Because you KNOW I had to.

ETA again: Okaaaay. That's enough of THAT! 😬

How about Nimoy sings Ballad of Bilbo Baggins?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It keeps trying to get me to watch sports videos, mainly boxing, and soccer, despite the fact I NEVER watch sports videos because they bore me to tears.

It also keeps trying to make me watch "Gangsta cRap-Hop" videos, which I loathe, you'd think hitting "don't reccomend channel", a few hundred times would give it a hint?

Worst one though was some guy called Hassan something, I hit "dont reccomend channel" about 30 over the course of several months, times before his face stopped showing up on my list.

I watched the documentary on that Hassan guy, if it's about the fighter Hassan.. It was really good.. I don't usually watch things about fighting, but seen a clip of his story and  then searched for the documentary..

I hate their algorithm as well because it keeps trying to shove all kinds of  activists and political and dumb streamers with their click bait things at me which I keep choosing  "Don't recommend channel"..

That used to clear that junk out a couple of years ago, but it's really terrible at bringing it back up now..

I try to just watch stand up comedy and music videos to straighten things out, but the clutter is so invasive that I can't help but feel it's being pushed at me with intent..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

But it's worth the result, when the other Tug-of-War team is tugging so hard & you just let go.    😄 🤚    

That's the same people that would get you on the seesaw and  hold you there and let you know they were going to drop you.. I tried to stand up one time rather than hit my but and when my feet hit the ground I bend forward and hit my forehead on the handle..

Boy did that boy get in trouble when the prank got bloody.. hehehe

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve: Social media algorithms.

I think they're brilliant.

They keep giving me ads with stuff like shaving products (haven't shaved since I was 21 or so), yoga mats (in what world would I?), alcohol-free beer (I mean, really), vegan cooking (obviously hold back on the salt, they're salty enough as they come!), and women's .. Stuff. Or that time Facebook thought I was the perfect target audience for an online course to learn Swedish. 

Gives me plenty of opportunity to say 'are you forking kidding me', without even having to interact with a human! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I had no peeves for today, until I started trying some stuff on, and now I'm reminded of a peeve I had last week and ignored.

Creators who sell pieces meant to go together, but you can't actually wear together because if you do, parts of the pieces poke through the other pieces making them unusable or making it look ridiculous. They are even on the advertisement being worn, together.  I originally thought it was a me issue so I put it away to deal with later. Later is today, and it's not a me issue. 

(yeah yeah send nc, contact seller, blah blah, it's still a little obnoxious peeve). 

All the props to creators even still

At least I had a different cami to wear under the sweater and it looks like it goes together.  

This is my penance for buying things, isn't it? Yes, yes it is. 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Or that time Facebook thought I was the perfect target audience for an online course to learn Swedish. 

But you ARE, you have a natural advantage when it comes to learning Swedish online, you'll complete the whole course in a few hours!

You might even get paid for endorsing the course, and demonstrating how well you speak Swedish after taking said course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You might even get paid for endorsing the course, and demonstrating how well you speak Swedish after taking said course.

You mean, make pecuniary gain from deception? I'll leave such business to theologians and fitness influencers.

Oh, that reminds me. Peeve: people being surprised when it turns out fitness and healthcare influencers are being paid millions by 'big food' to lie. How is there any surprise? It is, infamously, what they do.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

People...especially narcissistic people.  

Narcissists bring up the past to manipulate you. This often manifests as gaslighting, coercive control, guilt-tripping, blame-shifting, or baiting. Bringing up the past is a tactic narcissists use to get you to do what they want when they want it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

People...especially narcissistic people.  

Narcissists bring up the past to manipulate you. This often manifests as gaslighting, coercive control, guilt-tripping, blame-shifting, or baiting. Bringing up the past is a tactic narcissists use to get you to do what they want when they want it.

"You said X. What does saying X say about YOU?"

• Like 3