1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Tell your friends and everyone to support them too. That's the most we can do really.

We need to get more people to join and stick with the platform

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That would be fine if I had money of my own.

You and me both.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I do this with my 2 female alts too. If you don't introduce some kind of limiting factors on alts, it's too easy for them to become clones of your primary avatar, - and then what would be the point of having them?

My male avatar is limited by the overall sparsity of nice free male items.

Alycia is goth, so she wears predominately black, grey, purple, dark red, and some blue tones. She wears dark hair or colorful hair and has pale skin. She's younger and thinner than Persephone, so she wears more short skirts.

Tasha, when she's not a wolf, wears white, cream, some beige, some gold, and some light grey. When she's a wolf, she's white. When she's human, she's thin with pale skin and light blonde hair. She usually wears jeans with sneakers or boots. She only rarely wears short dresses with heals.

Persephone wears a Freya body, which is limiting in itself. Because she's more like RL me, she's heavier, middle aged, and likes the kind of clothes I'd like. Usually she's in jeans or a longer skirt and a modest top. When I don't feel like being a normal human, then she wears fantasy tone skins and sometimes skimpier clothes.

Sometimes I buy the same outfit in different colors for my 3 girls. Sometimes they get entirely different outfits. They have different interests, so they have different kinds of objects in their inventories too.

I do something similar, but all of my looks are done on this one single account with the same two bodies (Maitreya or Legacy M), so if I don't pump the breaks and figure out some kind of shopping system to keep things sane, it'll be fatpack city! 😂They can all technically wear everything and share an inventory, so building out avatars by color and style became almost necessary so I could just buy single colors and pinpoint exactly what my options are so I'm not standing in stores for an hour trying to decide!

Summery beach/resort wear in orange and yellow and anything hats and headbands - frog. Goth/industrial/rock in black and red - my undead avatar. Pink formals - my fantasy Marilyn Monroe. Black and/or green semi-formals - orc. Purple and gold shinies with glitter and sparkles - dragon. All white outfits - demon. Blues - mermaid 1. Blues and purples - mermaid 2. White/silver - mermaid 3. Gold - mermaid 4. 1940s-50s in pink or purple - bunny. On and on. 🤣

Now there's a peeve - I can't stop making avatars, though I proooobably should about now. Can't stop, won't stop!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

It is so easy to write a peeve about merchants. They deserve better IMHO.

While I often write peeves about creators, I have also given kudos to them, here on the forums even.  As a consumer who pretty much just roams the grid and shops, there aren't too many folks besides creators that are involved in my daily SL, so that is where the majority of my peeves tend to fall.

Some creators work super hard and do not get enough Thanks and do not make anywhere near enough money to justify the work they put in.  Others (often the really big stores), farm out a lot of their work and/or use pre-made mesh and the quality is up & down.  However, I don't tend to shop at those big places too much anymore, so if I'm peeving, it is only the little guy that I have to peeve about.

Also remember that a lot of the 'peeves' written about here are often just minor irritants that happen to hit us in the moment and the next day most are forgotten.  I'm sorry if you are feeling attacked.  I'd suggest ignoring most of our 'creator rants' unless you happen to hear the same one from tons of folks - then you might want to ensure you aren't doing whatever it is.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

A trick I use is to "color code" my avatars. This wears "sunny" summer colors, this avatar wears shades of purple and gold, that one wears pink, that one wears black & white, that one rocks silver glitter, etc. That way, I can avoid buying fatpacks entirely and just choose which avatar I'm buying for. Oh, this would look fantastic on my dragon - great, I'll grab that in gold, off we go.

Doing that has saved me so much time and money (and inventory space!).

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I do this with my 2 female alts too. If you don't introduce some kind of limiting factors on alts, it's too easy for them to become clones of your primary avatar, - and then what would be the point of having them?

My male avatar is limited by the overall sparsity of nice free male items.

Alycia is goth, so she wears predominately black, grey, purple, dark red, and some blue tones. She wears dark hair or colorful hair and has pale skin. She's younger and thinner than Persephone, so she wears more short skirts.

Tasha, when she's not a wolf, wears white, cream, some beige, some gold, and some light grey. When she's a wolf, she's white. When she's human, she's thin with pale skin and light blonde hair. She usually wears jeans with sneakers or boots. She only rarely wears short dresses with heals.

Persephone wears a Freya body, which is limiting in itself. Because she's more like RL me, she's heavier, middle aged, and likes the kind of clothes I'd like. Usually she's in jeans or a longer skirt and a modest top. When I don't feel like being a normal human, then she wears fantasy tone skins and sometimes skimpier clothes.

Sometimes I buy the same outfit in different colors for my 3 girls. Sometimes they get entirely different outfits. They have different interests, so they have different kinds of objects in their inventories too.

Lil is the only one that gets to play in SL.  All other alts are relegated to logging in just long enough to do whatever purpose I created them for -- thus they really don't have wardrobes and don't get to shop.  Therefore, Lil wears lots of different colors, depending on her mood.

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

And for to big inventories: dump what you don't use.

Interestingly enough, other than some underclothes, Lil typically only wears an outfit once and then trashes it.  That is why I have so many clothes -- though I do seem to buy them at a rate faster than I could wear them unless I change 5 times a day.  Most of the really old stuff I have is boxed & kept for sentimental reasons only.

A lot of my inventory is also household & landscaping stuff -- and I have ditched all of the old stuff from those categories.  Then there is all my photo stuff -- backdrops, props, specialty outfits -- stuff that I don't use much these days, but might again want to get back into doing photos.  

The biggest group of folders is the stuff I get from hunts, events, and things like Shop & Hop.  I'm bad about going through all of that stuff and filing or ditching stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

faint-drama.gif

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Because SL just has soooooo many cute things to buy and wear.

And I get to wear these cute outfits for such a small amount of money compared to RL.  

And.............. cuz I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now for my next 'creator rant' -- and this one applies to all creators if you do this:

If you put an auto-alpha into your clothing, make sure it un-alphas when the clothing item comes off. 

I know that sometimes auto-alpha in different pieces can cause issues with auto-alphas in other items.  However, I put on a top -- wearing absolutely nothing else -- and when I took the top off my upper half stayed alpha'd out.  That should not happen.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because SL just has soooooo many cute things to buy and wear.

And I get to wear these cute outfits for such a small amount of money compared to RL.  

And.............. cuz I can.

Thank you for being the kind of consumer who keeps SL creators in business. We aren't really wasting any resources here, so if you can afford to buy a new outfit everyday, you go for it!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Standing on the side of the road looking at details for a parcel for sale, and someone came up to me and asked what I was doing, why was I there, and then told me if I don’t leave they’d report me.

Im sorry what? Virtual Karens? Who even does this. I’ll buy the parcel just to put up a sign that says “mind your own business”.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, gwynchisholm said:

Standing on the side of the road looking at details for a parcel for sale, and someone came up to me and asked what I was doing, why was I there, and then told me if I don’t leave they’d report me.

Im sorry what? Virtual Karens? Who even does this. I’ll buy the parcel just to put up a sign that says “mind your own business”.

Oh please tell me where?

• Like 3

Houston, I have a problem. One could call it a peeve.( at least I call it one, because I don't want to go off topic).
Because I make things for them, I hop from Linden home to Linden home. So today a ditched a lovely situated stilt home. Sometimes it happens that I get a more than average house, but I don't care. I have other use for the Belli homes than most users.

After abandoning that house, I decided to take a houseboat next. Maybe I get some inspiration there this time.
And here is the problem. That houseboat is so nicely situated, I would be a fool to ever dump it.
Peeve, now I don't know what to do. Keep the spot and live there or hold on to the routine I'm used to?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Houston, I have a problem. One could call it a peeve.( at least I call it one, because I don't want to go off topic).
Because I make things for them, I hop from Linden home to Linden home. So today a ditched a lovely situated stilt home. Sometimes it happens that I get a more than average house, but I don't care. I have other use for the Belli homes than most users.

After abandoning that house, I decided to take a houseboat next. Maybe I get some inspiration there this time.
And here is the problem. That houseboat is so nicely situated, I would be a fool to ever dump it.
Peeve, now I don't know what to do. Keep the spot and live there or hold on to the routine I'm used to?

I don't know what to advise you, but I applaud how you're going about this...living in the spot and letting what might be beneficial to the area manifest in your imagination. To create anything the best thing you can do is actually be in the situation or imagine you are there (like with nature designs). This produces an amazing result.

I like your Linden home extensions btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Since there are demo regions for the Linden Homes now, can you use those for your inspiration and creation?  While a little unwieldy, you could attach a creation to yourself and then move it in to position at a model to test it out - possibly?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since there are demo regions for the Linden Homes now, can you use those for your inspiration and creation?  While a little unwieldy, you could attach a creation to yourself and then move it in to position at a model to test it out - possibly?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it will work.
Building needs exact measurements and testing.

What I could do, is make as much as I can think of for the houseboat theme first, and who knows how I feel about the boat in a few weeks/months. Plus I still have some ready to release stuff in the inventory (List things on the marketplace is not my favorite part of this shop hobby).
So I think I will be good at least until somewhere in August. I think I will book my summer holiday there. 😃

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Hold onto it for a while longer. You'll know when you're ready to move somewhere new. Soon there will be new Victorians, so those will inspire some people to abandon houses they have, while others may decide to go PP+ for the Ranch Homes. Either way there will be some abandoned homes available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Hold onto it for a while longer. You'll know when you're ready to move somewhere new. Soon there will be new Victorians, so those will inspire some people to abandon houses they have, while others may decide to go PP+ for the Ranch Homes. Either way there will be some abandoned homes available.

I think I laid hands on one of those spots claimed through premium plus (because where it is situated) and now dumped to get a ranch.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Just listened to the entire LabGab live with Phillip and Oberwolf Linden, and did not hear any announcements!

Look at it on the bright side: They could have announced increasing fees. 😆

I never watch Labgab. Too static recorded and too long to keep me interested.
If there is anything important announced, the forums will discuss it soon enough afterwards.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Look at it on the bright side: They could have announced increasing fees.

I never watch Labgab. Too static recorded and too long to keep me interested.
If there is anything important announced, the forums will discuss it soon enough afterwards.

Yesterday, I was kind of shocked that nobody posted after the LabGab about the Mobile Viewer, and even after it was officially posted.  So I shared it (as I have done with a few of the LabGabs).  Not much response to that post..

Peeve: People complain and moan demanding a mobile viewer, but then when we get actual news it's a non-event! I guess most people are busy, and those people who were moaning loudest and demanding a mobile viewer haven't been on the Forum consistently.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yesterday, I was kind of shocked that nobody posted after the LabGab about the Mobile Viewer, and even after it was officially posted.  So I shared it (as I have done with a few of the LabGabs).  Not much response to that post..

Peeve: People complain and moan demanding a mobile viewer, but then when we get actual news it's a non-event! I guess most people are busy, and those people who were moaning loudest and demanding a mobile viewer haven't been on the Forum consistently.

It all depends where you post something for me to see it.
I don't read every section of the forums every day.
I read in their SL20B magazine that they expect a first beta to show around the end of the year.
Has that changed?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It all depends where you post something for me to see it.
I don't read every section of the forums every day.
I read in their SL20B magazine that they expect a first beta to show around the end of the year.
Has that changed?

I THINK that I posted it in General.

Hard to say if it changed - they were a little ambiguous, it sounded like "in 2 or 3 quarters" - 6 or 9 months, so yes.  About the end of the year.  Considering the progress shown (the part that should generate some buzz and positive feedback), I at least was disappointed (PEEVED) that it is still that far off. 

I did not remember the original estimate, so I guess it did not really change..but DARN! That means we won't get a "release" version any sooner than perhaps 2Q2024 unless things go really, really, well.  

PEEVE!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I THINK that I posted it in General.

Hard to say if it changed - they were a little ambiguous, it sounded like "in 2 or 3 quarters" - 6 or 9 months, so yes.  About the end of the year.  Considering the progress shown (the part that should generate some buzz and positive feedback), I at least was disappointed (PEEVED) that it is still that far off. 

I did not remember the original estimate, so I guess it did not really change..but DARN! That means we won't get a "release" version any sooner than perhaps 2Q2024 unless things go really, really, well.  

PEEVE!

They better develop things far enough to make sure it has potential to succeed.
There is only one chance for a successful first impression. No need to rush things, it is too important IMHO.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 8:44 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now for my next 'creator rant' -- and this one applies to all creators if you do this:

If you put an auto-alpha into your clothing, make sure it un-alphas when the clothing item comes off. 

I know that sometimes auto-alpha in different pieces can cause issues with auto-alphas in other items.  However, I put on a top -- wearing absolutely nothing else -- and when I took the top off my upper half stayed alpha'd out.  That should not happen.

OMG this .. sooooo this.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 6:03 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Just listened to the entire LabGab live with Phillip and Oberwolf Linden, and did not hear any announcements!

It was way too philosophical for me. Like looking at the morals and stuff of different stuff. They could have left that all as the last lab gab.  Don't get me wrong, Oberwolf seems like a cool dude. Pretty in touch with SL. But cmon no one wants to hear about an investor and the back end of being one. As I said earlier, they could have put them after the moles. As something to close out the Lab Gabs and essentially wind things down. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 1