3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I've been though a lot, I'm covered in physical and mental scars.

Today can't be worse .. ok, let's try, because what else are we gonna to do.

I'm not sure you understood what I was meaning.. I was agreeing with you..

It's more something someone say's to themselves rather than to someone else, because it's not really true for everyone...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

From the Beatles song, "Getting Better":

I've got to admit it's getting better (better)
A little better all the time (it can't get no worse)

(Is this why I have had Hey Jude as an earworm all day?)

_____

Peeve: I know it's nature and all of that, but I do wish Sparrow Hawks would hunt elsewhere and not my brother's back garden where I have lots of fledgeling birds of different species visiting with established parent birds every day because I have some feeders dotted around the garden for him to watch from the windows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pet peeve (as a typographer of 30+ years) ... Comic Sans. People who don't understand the difference between a hyphen, en-dash, and em-dash and use the hyphen incorrectly!

Second peeve? Embarrassingly, having a piece of the original London Bridge (they sold them as souvenirs) but not wanting to mention that fact in the Peeve thread after all that pedantic history lesson. Oops, it got mentioned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pet Peeve: People who think spiritual pathways and psychological pathways are different.

(we could discuss this in the self-actualization thread....as there are many pathways within SL people utilize for psychological and spiritual purposes).

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Second peeve? Embarrassingly, having a piece of the original London Bridge (they sold them as souvenirs) but not wanting to mention that fact in the Peeve thread after all that pedantic history lesson. Oops, it got mentioned.

I'd try to trick people into kissing it, like the Blarney Stone! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Pet peeve (as a typographer of 30+ years) ... Comic Sans. People who don't understand the difference between a hyphen, en-dash, and em-dash and use the hyphen incorrectly!

I'm so old, we had to add our own kerning to computer fonts!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

My mother was disgusted when visiting a local Jobcentre (yes, that should be two words normally, but that's the British government for you, bastardising the English language), and found herself correcting all the errors within the job vacancy cards with a red pen.

Who carries a red pen around with them?!!

(Apologies for errors.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
This pen is r-r-r-r-blue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

The Vikings sold bits as souvenirs!?!?!?!?

Peter_Jackson_-_London_Bridge_being_pull

(So long as we are being pedantic, there is apparently a great deal of doubt as to whether Olaf Haraldsson's Vikings actually tore down the bridge. Which is most disappointing, because I had a picture book history of London when I was a child, and I LOVED the image of Viking ships pulling it down!)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The Vikings sold bits as souvenirs!?!?!?!?

Peter_Jackson_-_London_Bridge_being_pull

(So long as we are being pedantic, there is apparently a great deal of doubt as to whether Olaf Haraldsson's Vikings actually tore down the bridge. Which is most disappointing, because I had a picture book history of London when I was a child, and I LOVED the image of Viking ships pulling it down!)

You would have thought that something that shocking would have been posted to TikTok or Instagram or whatever it is the kids were using those days. At least like drone aftermath footage or whatever. Pics or it didn't happen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

You would have thought that something that shocking would have been posted to TikTok or Instagram or whatever it is the kids were using those days. At least like drone aftermath footage or whatever. Pics or it didn't happen.

ACTUAL FOOTAGE from TikTok of Olaf Haraldsson on his way home after once again demonstrating that Aethelred was Unready.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn3hxIllmBSlcJmsvekR1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Sometimes we labor under the limitation that Chinese site syntax + the text cut/paste + typeface selection function in the forum gives us. But it broke gloriously and made people laugh so I’ll still count the win. 

Peeve The First - Western time zone adherence and northern hemisphere seasonal hyper-awareness - it’s a cold winter early morning down under! I’m in North America right now but I had to check the time before bugging my Melbourne friend too early, 

peeve: humblebrag but true edition.
Oh it’s sometimes much harder to structure my time since I’m freelance…

*takes afternoon nap*

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

My mother was disgusted when visiting a local Jobcentre (yes, that should be two words normally, but that's the British government for you, bastardising the English language), and found herself correcting all the errors within the job vacancy cards with a red pen.

Who carries a red pen around with them?!!

(Apologies for errors.)

What a wild coincidence. A book series I was reading a while back had the same idea in it. Someone carrying a red Sharpie around and correcting the grammar on all the missing pets and people flyers, posters etc. It didn't matter what it was, if it had a typo, the character would correct it if she saw it.

I think it was one of the novels of the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. If not, then it was a similar series I found on Kindle Unlimited. Whichever one it was, the character was a close friend of the main character. I thought of it as the "brighter side" of OCD. It didn't harm anyone; it actually helped people. And it was just eccentric enough to be amusing rather than horrifying.

So, I guess the answer to your question would be fictional characters and bookkeepers. Maybe your mom read the same book? Is she a teacher or bookkeeper? Both are known to carry red ink pens around.

I am trying to be helpful, not hurtful.

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What a wild coincidence. A book series I was reading a while back had the same idea in it. Someone carrying a red Sharpie around and correcting the grammar on all the missing pets and people flyers, posters etc. It didn't matter what it was, if it had a typo, the character would correct it if she saw it.

I think it was one of the novels of the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. If not, then it was a similar series I found on Kindle Unlimited. Whichever one it was, the character was a close friend of the main character. I thought of it as the "brighter side" of OCD. It didn't harm anyone; it actually helped people. And it was just eccentric enough to be amusing rather than horrifying.

So, I guess the answer to your question would be fictional characters and bookkeepers. Maybe your mom read the same book? Is she a teacher or bookkeeper? Both are known to carry red ink pens around.

I am trying to be helpful, not hurtful.

My mother never took days off from any of the jobs she did, from when she worked in the Auxiliary Fire Service during the Second World War, a police officer transporting prisoners on the British Railways network, or on point duty in Moss Side, and when she slowed down in her 70s she went back to secretarial work, which was where her career had begun, and I guess, even on weekends, she carried her trusty pencil case full of every colour of pen and pencil that she would need while at the office. 

She had books by Nevil Shute and loved to support local novellists, especially if they wrote mysteries.

She died in 2008.

Edited by Marigold Devin
to edit death date
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Peeve: Accidentally closing all my browser tabs except the one I actually wanted to close. wouldn't be so bad Ctrl+Shift+T could rescue all the closed tabs not just the ones I most frequently interact with 

No "restore previous session" for when the power goes out and the pc reboots? Both Chrome and Edge have it. Was glad of it earlier when our power flickered.

Peeve: I always have to hunt for it when I miss the popup.

7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No "restore previous session" for when the power goes out and the pc reboots?

If Chrome doesn't "shut down properly" it has a restore option when you start it up. It should also have an "are you sure you want to close all other tabs?" or "are you sure you want to close all tabs to the right?" pop-up in the right click a tab menu 

• Like 1