3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

...I have a Genus head, and I really like my look. It took a lot and is close in to my system...I see all the bells and whistles for Evo and I'm surely tempted...I'd just like all of those cool options and a good hud and eyes that don't cross, and my facial animations to work...

Make the change. I have a Genus head too, and you're right about the slow updates, the decreasing support, and the exasperating problems. I'd add that with Lelutka, you don't need TWO HUDs, just the one. I got the free Kaya head back at Christmas, and after experimenting with both it and my Genus Strong head (also free!) I've pretty much gravitated to Lelutka, and EvoX at that. (Another plus is that I never do whatever it is that turns a Genus face completely black with my Lelutka head.)

The only downsides I've run into so far: EvoX does mean that all your tattoos, hairbases, skins and makeup have to be EvoX compatible (or Evo compatible. You just cannot mix and match.) And the system eyes and mesh eyes do NOT line up. You'll need separate shapes for them, if you like to use both kinds. I've found it easier to just standardize on mesh eyes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: Sort of kinda helping a friend with a new look, and looking at the demos for the Evo series. 😲 I have a Genus head, and I really like my look. It took a lot and is close in to my system (which took a lot, back in the day). But with all of the troubles Genus has had, they aren't doing their updates, and fewer and fewer designers are making things for it. I see all the bells and whistles for Evo and I'm surely tempted, but but but... I really do not want to CHANGE. I'd just like all of those cool options and a good hud and eyes that don't cross, and my facial animations to work when I log in and TP without having to reset them EVERY time...

sigh

The nice thing about the evo x heads is, they give you both worlds.. You can wear the evo x or you can switch to evo and use  the other skins and things as well..

The genus heads, the last time they were updated was around when the strong gift head came out.. version 1.7 when everyone was told to stay home when the pandemic hit..  I remember dating it on my folder because I keep all my versions folders dated.. That was in march of 2020..

They weren't fast before with updates, but I have a feeling there are bigger RL things going on.. A lot of really good creators live in Ukrain and their situation might be where, they can't do anything right now.. I just don't think we'll be seeing updates for that head any time soon.. If you ask in the group when's the next update, you'll get, they are working on it..  They might be and just squeezing time in when they can, but I don't think it's just work that they have to squeeze time in from.. they are in a pretty rough part of the world right now..

I love my genus heads, but they are in so much need of updating.. Hopefully  they do put out an update and things turn out really great, but it's pretty much like looking at static on a tv right now on when the next one will be.

I would definitely move towards a Lelutka, it's just an all around better head.. My last two were free, Lilly and Kaya.. I haven't taken my lilly off since I got it.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, yes. Except that my post, which was a largely positive response rather than a question . . . is still there.

So questions and positive feedback only.  Making a note.

ETA.   Just noticed someone basically made the same comment I did and their post remains.

Peeve...inconsistency.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So questions and positive feedback only.  Making a note.

ETA.   Just noticed someone basically made the same comment I did and their post remains.

Peeve...inconsistency.

Did you quote someone?

Mine disappeared for a few minutes and I was fuming. I went back for some reason and seen it was there without the quote..

if you quoted someone they may have cleaned out the quote at put it back..

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: Sort of kinda helping a friend with a new look, and looking at the demos for the Evo series. 😲 I have a Genus head, and I really like my look. It took a lot and is close in to my system (which took a lot, back in the day). But with all of the troubles Genus has had, they aren't doing their updates, and fewer and fewer designers are making things for it. I see all the bells and whistles for Evo and I'm surely tempted, but but but... I really do not want to CHANGE. I'd just like all of those cool options and a good hud and eyes that don't cross, and my facial animations to work when I log in and TP without having to reset them EVERY time...

sigh

7 Deadly Skins has plenty of skins for Genus and these include body (Maitreya) and head. No need for extra tattoo layers. They might be free join today since they were yesterday. They have many free and discounted skins. 

Join Lelutka and demo some of their EvoX heads. If you don't want to buy one, at least get the free group gift one they'll likely give out in December. On the Evo setting they can use Lelutka Evolution, Genus, or Catwa HDPro skins, since all of these use the SLUV map. (The eyes or lips might be off a bit with Genus or Catwa HDPro skins, but I think Genus skins look fine on my Lelutka head.) Start collecting free EvoX skins and makeup for the EvoX setting. Once you try it, you'll probably like it.

I resisted getting a mesh head because I liked my system head look, but after switching to EvoX on my 4 avatars I love these.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Did you quote someone?

Mine disappeared for a few minutes and I was fuming. I went back for some reason and seen it was there without the quote..

if you quoted someone they may have cleaned out the quote at put it back..

I didn't.

Someone else.posted this which is basically what I said...

"I am actually completely okay with this. LL getting more money to fund it's expansion is something I view as a positive. This is good news to our team for sure."

And then this...

"How else are they going to fund everything they need to do to keep up with the other metaverses entering the market? I've been out in other metaverses and the average take for companies out there is 30% (Meta, for example.) or as high as 70% (Roblox). Try to keep those numbers in mind. We in Secondlife are a bit spoiled by comparison"

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

There's a reason why I haven't really updated my more Human/Humanoid looks in quite some time (quite aside from the fact that it's not so easy to hide a particular piece of anatomy to achieve what I'd wish to).

Well, one of a handful anyway.

It is "bad" enough working/dealing with the varied Anthro heads I have! They're "easy" to deal with (by personal comparison)!

Lelutka Gaia includes animated neko/fox/wolf ears.

II shaped Tasha's head to be more wolf-like than the default shape.

348993056_Tasha-LeLGaiaHead2.jpg.6ce70b4318b9ad7a693ced4083fd524c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The title says Discussion.  Unless the definition of that word has changed?

That's nice. I didn't see much "discussion". Positive responses, questions, a few concerns ... and close to outright bashing and condemnation.

Frankly, don't much care either.

Another thread was stated by one of those who had comments removed - said removed comments can be reposted there if people wish.

At least one recently removed had no semblance whatsoever to looking for an actual discussion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

That's nice. I didn't see much "discussion". Positive responses, questions, a few concerns ... and close to outright bashing and condemnation.

Frankly, don't much care either.

Another thread was stated by one of those who had comments removed - said removed comments can be reposted there if people wish.

At least one recently removed had no semblance whatsoever to looking for an actual discussion.

That's nice.  My point being, my post was removed yet subsequent posts with almost the exact same content remain.  

So yeah, my peeve stands.  Inconsistency.

Frankly, I don't care if you care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The nice thing about the evo x heads is, they give you both worlds.. You can wear the evo x or you can switch to evo and use  the other skins and things as well..

The genus heads, the last time they were updated was around when the strong gift head came out.. version 1.7 when everyone was told to stay home when the pandemic hit..  I remember dating it on my folder because I keep all my versions folders dated.. That was in march of 2020..

They weren't fast before with updates, but I have a feeling there are bigger RL things going on.. A lot of really good creators live in Ukrain and their situation might be where, they can't do anything right now.. I just don't think we'll be seeing updates for that head any time soon.. If you ask in the group when's the next update, you'll get, they are working on it..  They might be and just squeezing time in when they can, but I don't think it's just work that they have to squeeze time in from.. they are in a pretty rough part of the world right now..

I love my genus heads, but they are in so much need of updating.. Hopefully  they do put out an update and things turn out really great, but it's pretty much like looking at static on a tv right now on when the next one will be.

I would definitely move towards a Lelutka, it's just an all around better head.. My last two were free, Lilly and Kaya.. I haven't taken my lilly off since I got it.. hehehe

As a Genus user, I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of updates. There are things that definitely need to be fixed: the HUDs, the neck, and the eyes foremost.

However, I have spent a lot of time getting my "look" to where I want it to be, and vital components of that are the head itself, and the Session skin I use, that is only available for Genus. And so long as my Genus continues to be functional -- and, really, mostly it is now -- I'll be sticking with it.

Your point about the RL reasons for the tardiness are, I think, right on. First there was the whole DMCA thing that really threw them for a loop for months and months. Then, I think, there was a pregnancy and a childbirth in there -- at least, that was my impression. And finally, yes, I think they've been hit by the war in Ukraine, although I'm not clear on exactly how.

They DO need to upgrade soonish, if only to stop the bleeding. But, were I them, I'd be holding off on releasing any new products for a while. LeLutka is the flavour of the year, and it's pretty much crushing anything it's coming up against. The CatwaPro, which seemed on paper to be a good competitor, is a case in point. I'd be waiting for people to start getting bored of the EvoX, which they inevitably will at some point, and cash in when they start looking around for new shiny.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Eeek
  • Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

That's nice.  My point being, my post was removed yet subsequent posts with almost the exact same content remain.  

So yeah, my peeve stands.  Inconsistency.

Frankly, I don't care if you care.

My comments had nothing whatsoever to do with consistency or the lack thereof.

Gripe abut that all you'd like. It has nothing to do with anything I have said - at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd eat the Low Country, but the rest of it still isn't to my liking.

I have had Creole in the South, and even though I like shrimp and sausage, I don't like most southern dishes made with them.  I did have one or two Cajun dishes in New Orleans that I liked, but I didn't care for most of them. Mostly that is because I am super picky and odd about some things.  I can't stand tomatoes cooked into anything.  While I like celery, onions, and bell peppers raw, I can't stand any of those cooked.   Rinse, repeat - that is the gist of my issues with most food that I tried when we were in New Orleans and Louisiana.

Different folks, different likes, etc...

It was supposed to be funny.

I didn't grow up eating most of those foods. I grew up eating what was considered traditionally healthy. Meat and vegetables that weren't all jumbled together. Like most people in the south.

IMG_1142.jpg?resize=1024,768&ssl=1

5488100.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

My comments had nothing whatsoever to do with consistency or the lack thereof.

Gripe abut that all you'd like. It has nothing to do with anything I have said - at all.

You quoted me and said it was posted for questions and not discussions.  

"As linked from the blog post, please feel free to discuss and ask questions that you may have within this thread.

Thank you!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

However, I have spent a lot of time getting my "look" to where I want it to be, and vital components of that are the head itself, and the Session skin I use, that is only available for Genus. And so long as my Genus continues to be functional -- and, really, mostly it is now -- I'll be sticking with it.

Really, ditto everything you wrote, but this ↑ especially. THAT is my situation. I have a Clef de Peu skin I adore. The shape I want. I look unique (I think) and I'm happy with it. IF I thought I could exactly replicate what I have with a Lelutka, then I'd probably switch because the technology IS so much better and so much better supported.  I'm wondering if I'd be happy with Seeker keeping 95% of her current look? 90% 85% ? Where do I lose all of the "me"? 

And isn't it "funny" that these pixels can be that important to us? (soft smile)

The other really annoying thing about the Genus that I don't think has been fixed is that I sometimes like a Neko look, complete with adorable bento twitchy ears. When you remove the Genus ears you get these horrible holes in your head. The only way I can do that Neko is with a carefully selected hair that hides that. 

Kind of a side-line to the above, I've been talking female mesh bodies to a friend. Well, I don't care if they come out with the most super duper body of all time, I'm not switching from my Lara. EVERYthing I own is geared towards that body. That means it isn't just who I am, but everything I have! I won't even go to the Petite because... my clothes wouldn't work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As a Genus user, I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of updates. There are things that definitely need to be fixed: the HUDs, the neck, and the eyes foremost.

Your point about the RL reasons for the tardiness are, I think, right on. First there was the whole DMCA thing that really through them for a loop for months and months. Then, I think, there was a pregnancy and a childbirth in there -- at least, that was my impression. And finally, yes, I think they've been hit by the war in Ukraine, although I'm not clear on exactly how.

They DO need to upgrade soonish, if only to stop the bleeding. But, were I them, I'd be holding off on releasing any new products for a while. LeLutka is the flavour of the year, and it's pretty much crushing anything it's coming up against. The CatwaPro, which seemed on paper to be a good competitor, is a case in point. I'd be waiting for people to start getting bored of the EvoX, which they inevitably will at some point, and cash in when they start looking around for new shiny.

I still have my all my Genus heads on standby waiting.. I was one of their loud voices during the beta and after rooting for them and trying to get people interested.. I think they got the others off their butts if you ask me..

It's another situation where all we can do is hope for the best, but plan for the worst.. I hope the one filing all those fake DMCA's is feeling the burn to the bone right now and paying the price for what they were doing to others.

Genus came back after that Bonerhead pulled that cheap shot and the store filled right up.. I'm hoping they do make a comeback and drop some amazing things on us..  We need more  not less good content and I would hate to see them fade away..

But for right now, where we are at right now.  If someone were to ask me which head I think is best.. I can't with all honesty and good conscience say Genus. I'd be lying to them..

I have all their heads and jumped on them the moment they came out..I have everything that came out for those heads in the first year.. Soon as it came out i was on it.. hehehe

I always looked at them as the little engine that could.. That hasn't changed and I think they still can..

But I have to set all that aside when it comes to someone else's money..

• Like 1