4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At the beginning, where they do the chest thump, both break into huge grins, and just hug?

Boys, I just want to take you home. And Dany Dann is seriously . . . well . . . And they said he was 36? Hmmmm.

LOL. You're as bad as me. 36, heyyyyy. 😏😂

Yeah, the feels were immaculate during that entire competition. I might have to start watching other tournaments now.

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'll do some hunting around. I have literally never been so entertained by an Olympic event in my entire life. I just grinned through the whole thing.

Omg, right? I sat there on both days laughing and cheering. I think having the DJs there helped a lot. They were VIBING.

Peeve: I don't think the event is coming back for Los Angeles 2028. Wuuuut?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: I don't think the event is coming back for Los Angeles 2028. Wuuuut?

Seriously? WHY NOT???

PEEVE!!!

That's so stupid. Tell me that synchro swimming and figure skating "belong," and this doesn't?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Seriously? WHY NOT???

PEEVE!!!

That's so stupid. Tell me that synchro swimming and figure skating "belong," and this doesn't?

Lol, my same reaction. How are they going to skip this for LA? 😂

Also, speaking of LA, yet another peeve came up while watching the closing ceremonies earlier. Why in the world is Anthony Kiedis still rocking that bowl cut and mustache? Omg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

As long as humans still eat out of bowls, there will be bowl cuts.

All the bowl cuts.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Orwar posting happy songs, now the world is really ending.

He's just lulling you into a false sense of security, before before the onset of the Fimbulwinter, and the Tea Time of the Old Gods, the dreaded RagnaSLok!

That's why he's been stocking up on Noob-Skin parchment, so he can hand scribe and bind his Masterwork, a great Sagabok!

The tale of false hope followed by icy despair will make the saga more dramatic and compelling.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

He's just lulling you into a false sense of security, before before the onset of the Fimbulwinter, and the Tea Time of the Old Gods, the dreaded RagnaSLok!

That's why he's been stocking up on Noob-Skin parchment, so he can hand scribe and bind his Masterwork, a great Sagabok!

The tale of false hope followed by icy despair will make the saga more dramatic and compelling.

Shh, you're not supposed to tell people. You'll scare all the noobs away, and then where am I getting that noobskin parchment, hm?!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I am an android fan but Samsungs are not included. I was quite happy to get my mom switched to an LG a couple years ago though a Google Pixel would have been better. The Samsungs don't seem intuitive to me in comparison to other android apps and phones.

Mileages vary. In my book Samsung is great: Phone, tablet, wash machine, dryer, smart TV.. all Samsung in my house.
Never had any problems so far.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Mileages vary. In my book Samsung is great: Phone, tablet, wash machine, dryer, smart TV.. all Samsung in my house.
Never had any problems so far.

Mine is still going and working fine.. it's a Samsung 7 series. lol

• Like 4

We've got a few Samsung products in our house as well and love most of them.  Both have Samsung phones, we have a Smart TV, Fridge, an old 22" Monitor and a Microwave.  Fridge is crappy.  Had one TV go bad within warranty with no quibble replacement to a newer equivalent model, the monitor was replaced once as well without quibble even though the warranty had expired.  Phones are great, love them.

All in all, good quality devices and appliances, except for the fridge, damn fridge.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

We've got a few Samsung products in our house as well and love most of them.  Both have Samsung phones, we have a Smart TV, Fridge, an old 22" Monitor and a Microwave.  Fridge is crappy.  Had one TV go bad within warranty with no quibble replacement to a newer equivalent model, the monitor was replaced once as well without quibble even though the warranty had expired.  Phones are great, love them.

All in all, good quality devices and appliances, except for the fridge, damn fridge.

The reason I went for the phone that I did at the time was because, I was looking for the phone with the largest screen..

At the time mine had the largest screen.. That and I knew I didn't want an Iphone.. hehehe

• Like 3

Me, trying not to annoy someone: "Stop posting right before I post!"

Also Me: "Honestly, Mr./Ms. Moderator! They have a Time Machine, which they use to go back and post before me, to make it look like I'm responding to them!!"

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The reason I went for the phone that I did at the time was because, I was looking for the phone with the largest screen..

This is one reason I don't want to upgrade from my iPhone XS, most screens are bigger now and it's the perfect size for me.

Peeve: stuff that phones home for updates every time it's attached. I wonder how many more times I will attach my dance hud and receive an update and think "Well, I'm dancing at a club, I can't deal with that now" and then forget about it until next time.

Right now, three things I wear frequently do this, one of which I already got the update and prefer my current version so it's just pointless nagging! I know I should be grateful for the updates! but mostly I'm grateful for creators who handle this another way.. update hud, button, whatever.

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 1

It's pretty discouraging when harmless and reasonable posts are removed along with flame fest posts.  I've always owned it when I've stepped over the line but when it seems to make no difference what you post, it just leaves you wondering why you bothered at all.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Removed the part born of despondency after Q. Mole's explanation.
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It's pretty discouraging when harmless and reasonable posts are removed along with flame fest posts.  I've always owned it when I've stepped over the line but when it seems to make no difference what you post, it just leaves you wondering why you bothered at all.  Perhaps that's the idea.

If it's the discussion I just opened, saw it's already at nine pages and thought "nah, not worth it", then my sympathies — unfortunately, when it gets heated like that the Moles have a full-time job hosing stuff down. My advice, for what it's worth: don't overthink it, I'm pretty sure the Moles aren't out to get you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: the lack of opt-out option for our avies to have reflections. For the vampire immersion! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, missyrideout said:

Peeve: stuff that phones home for updates every time it's attached. I wonder how many more times I will attach my dance hud and receive an update and think "Well, I'm dancing at a club, I can't deal with that now" and then forget about it until next time.

Right now, three things I wear frequently do this, one of which I already got the update and prefer my current version so it's just pointless nagging! I know I should be grateful for the updates! but mostly I'm grateful for creators who handle this another way.. update hud, button, whatever.

My fishing rod is like that, I don't think I've ever attached it without it sending me the latest greatest version (and unattaching the old version! grrr) which I then have to unpack - and they've annoyingly started including so much stuff you have to unpack a subfolder - and replace in my inventory then do a replace links for the few outfits I have saved with the old version. Yes, I have fishing outfits.

It's a nice rod but the updates are crazy frequent and sometimes I just wanna fish without doing all of this. At least just let me use an outdated fishing rod, I'm sure it still works.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: the lack of opt-out option for our avies to have reflections. For the vampire immersion! 

That is a very good point! there should definitely be something you can wear that makes you invisible to mirrors.

• Like 2