Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As I think I have mentioned before, I actually have a folder consisting of what I call "floor clothes." Weirdly, it's almost all women's clothing, and especially panties and bras, however -- apparently men never undress.

Always. Men in SL just layer clothing on their bodies until they achieve the level of insulation of a child's snowsuit.

snow-pants-snow.gif

Peeve: The clutter scene needs lots of love. It's gotten MUCH better for bathrooms and kitchens, but it's very much lacking for bedrooms and laundry rooms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just went shopping for men's undies and LOL

Peeve: Do men in SL not wear simple, non-skimpy Y-fronts?

Boxers are the best..

I outlawed briefs in the house..  Well not really, I just started buying them all boxers and they ended up liking them better..

Briefs are just too close to where  skids happen.. hehehe

• Haha 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Boxers are the best..

I outlawed briefs in the house..  Well not really, I just started buying them all boxers and they ended up liking them better..

Briefs are just too close to where  skids happen.. hehehe

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Well, speaking as the person who most often collects the dirty clothing for laundry, I can agree that more fabric means it's easier and safer to grip it gingerly between forefinger and thumb.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Well, speaking as the person who most often collects the dirty clothing for laundry, I can agree that more fabric means it's easier and safer to grip it gingerly between forefinger and thumb.

I have a really nice washer just for work clothes and their drawers..

I don't know what brand it is because the name plate is broken off.. But  it looks like it's from the 19 40's or 50's or something..

It's a big ole tub that only has one setting, Which is On.. It only stops when you turn it off..

Then it has an electric ringer for ringing out the clothes when they are done..

Once I run them through that. then they are fit for my good washing machine.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

apparently men never undress.

I can't tell you the number of times over the years I've seen couples going at it where the woman is naked and the man hasn't even removed his pants.   Literally thousands of times so some men never undress.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I can't tell you the number of times over the years I've seen couples going at it where the woman is naked and the man hasn't even removed his pants.   Literally thousands of times so some men never undress.

The evolution of the tuxedo wearing, freenis user..

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

The evolution of the tuxedo wearing, freenis user..

hehehe

Even guys who.otherwise look good refused to take.off the pants.  I always assumed they didn't want to.show how badly they colored.their appendage to match their body.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Even guys who.otherwise look good refused to take.off the pants.  I always assumed they didn't want to.show how badly they colored.their appendage to match their body.

What is it's something funny like.. I better hurry up before she changes her mind!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They're just shy about their lack of skill in creating and saving outfits. Probably afraid they won't be able to find their pants in their inventory again if they take them off.

I'm pretty sure this is how naked guys ended up appearing on my home sim back in the day; they'd be in some adult region all naked, get kicked out, end up in our sim because it's the last one they visited before looking for saixy time (only real drawback of being listed in Destinations), and not know how to find their clothes again in their inventory before I could rain flaming poops on them.

Let this be an important lesson! Learn your basics before going out to have adventures! Save outfits! Know where your pants are!

Edited by PheebyKatz

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As I think I have mentioned before, I actually have a folder consisting of what I call "floor clothes." Weirdly, it's almost all women's clothing, and especially panties and bras, however -- apparently men never undress.

+Half-Deer+ has floor clutter on MP - socks and ties and men's underwear too

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

+Half-Deer+ has floor clutter on MP - socks and ties and men's underwear too

If anyone needs things like half-empty glasses of moldy, clabbered milk like the one between the wall and the stereo speaker, or some of those weird wads of stinky black stuff people get stuck on their floors, I can make some. I haven't seen any for sale yet. Currently working on a grouping of dirty, flattened-out, empty toilet paper tubes for to put on the floor behind toilets for added realism.

I'll try to make a version with both regular and menthol cigarette butts in the pee stains. People like to have a choice.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today's peeve is kernel mode drivers and enormously irresponsible garbage-tier 'security' firms who think pushing an untested global update ON A FRIDAY to their product that might as well be a rootkit was a good idea.

RIP IT workers weekend. Enjoy your travels!

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3

Peeve: I'm so torn. Do I love this house or do I hate it? It's so creative. But it's SO PINK. But it's SO CUTE. But it's ridiculous. But I love it cuz ridiculous. The kitchen and dining room are sending meeeee.

This is the first Zillow Gone Wild find I've actually wanted to live in. More pics if you click through.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: I'm so torn. Do I love this house or do I hate it? It's so creative. But it's SO PINK. But it's SO CUTE. But it's ridiculous. But I love it cuz ridiculous. The kitchen and dining room are sending meeeee.

This is the first Zillow Gone Wild find I've actually wanted to live in. More pics if you click through.

It looks like a Pepto bomb went off in there..lol That is a lot of pink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Me?
Not in a 500,000 years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I bet a GIRL lived there!!!

16 minutes ago, Modulated said:

It looks like a Pepto bomb went off in there..lol That is a lot of pink.

It's so much pink. Way too much. But it's freaking creative. The main bedroom would give me nightmares, but it's got a theater and an arcade!

You know what - I looked at the pricing history on Zillow out of curiosity. Bought in 2022 for $340,000, put up for sale a few days ago at $500,000. Everything looks brand new so...did someone buy this, renovate it to look like THIS, and is now reselling? If so, that's kind of hilarious. If there's a person or company out there doing silly themed renovations, I want to get in on that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'd happily live in that house if the woman who decorated it was included in the purchase price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here's the Zillow link...
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/835-Hughes-Dr-Hamilton-NJ-08690/38968120_zpid/

I love the blankets on the chairs in the theater, though there should be at least one love seat, yes?

ETA: I love the poster on the wall across from the shower!

ETA2: Do they have two Christmases per year in NJ?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Here's the Zillow link...
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/835-Hughes-Dr-Hamilton-NJ-08690/38968120_zpid/

I love the blankets on the chairs in the theater, though there should be at least one love seat, yes?

ETA: I love the poster on the wall across from the shower!

The entire house is so well done. The wardrobes, the Etsy/crafting room, the living room even. This looks like something I would've done in SL, honestly.

If you like crazy homes like that, Zillow Gone Wild is worth a follow, if you aren't opposed to being on Twitter. Though, of course...

Peeve: Most of the homes are priced in the millions, soooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

Here's a casual castle. Ya know, just sitting there in Texas, chillin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Today's peeve is kernel mode drivers and enormously irresponsible garbage-tier 'security' firms who think pushing an untested global update ON A FRIDAY to their product that might as well be a rootkit was a good idea.

RIP IT workers weekend. Enjoy your travels!

Yah. There are mistakes and accidents. They can happen and usually that's why you do rigorous testing before pushing something to production.

This ain't on the level of a mistake anymore. How does an update that semi bricks endpoint computers in a bluescreen of death (from what I've read) make it to production in a company of THAT size and with that clientele. Hospitals, Airports, Banks, so so many companies and supply chains have had a huge chunk of their IT wiped out over night.

Sure, you can recover the machines by deleting the offending file from system32 (the suggested hotfix as of now) but since the machines ain't coming online because of the loop, chances are some poor underpaid IT person is going to have to do it locally. For thousands and thousands of computers per company.

Bonus points: Work from home machines. Yikes. This might have societal repercussions.

I'm surprised that Second Life seems to have weathered it without a hitch so far.

Everyone else, if you have a loved one working in IT? Give them a hug. They're marching into hell right now.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

<snip>

Everyone else, if you have a loved one working in IT? Give them a hug. They're marching into hell right now.

Until recently, that was something I would have had to do. I'm in a different line of work currently, less stressful than my previous IT job but still tech oriented.

I know this is less likely to affect Windows client PCs, but I'm staying out of my own Win11 installs until the nonsense dies down. I can boot up Linux for a while and get most of my work done.

• Like 1