41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Found some drama, but it's just Belli-related.

IMG_9070.jpeg

It's also been unfolding on Twitter and Bluesky.

It's almost enough to make me want to grab a Linden Home so that I can be a concerned "stakeholder"!

Almost. But not quite.

• Like 3

So, as Love has pointed out to me, they changed the name of the now-sadly-deceased thread; the "official announcement" is now from "Oberwulf Linden" rather than (as I originally wrote) "Brad Oberwager." Which is maybe a little odd, because that announcement is "signed" Brad Oberwager.

I SMELL A RAT!!!!

Please feel free to contribute your fun conspiracy theories below!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's also been unfolding on Twitter and Bluesky.

It's almost enough to make me want to grab a Linden Home so that I can be a concerned "stakeholder"!

Almost. But not quite.

I think it is ridiculous, giving so much oxygen to butthurt people.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it is ridiculous, giving so much oxygen to butthurt people.

The thread is a flamewar in slow motion: it's not even pretending to be anything else. I'm amazed it's not been shut down. Had it been posted here, I bet it would have been.

That said, I gather (from what I've heard about this elsewhere) that the OP may actually have a legit grievance with LL, and that representatives from the platform have spoken to her about her concerns.

But . . . yeah. Not my circus . . . and waaaay too angsty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, as Love has pointed out to me, they changed the name of the now-sadly-deceased thread; the "official announcement" is now from "Oberwulf Linden" rather than (as I originally wrote) "Brad Oberwager." Which is maybe a little odd, because that announcement is "signed" Brad Oberwager.

Not anymore. 👀

Edit: Oh, I need a peeve.

Got one up my sleeve already, as I've been ranting silently for the last 45 minutes.

Peeve: "Frozen dairy dessert." I'm so out of the loop, because I so rarely eat ice cream, but now that I've got a milkshake-making obsession, I wanted to grab some Breyer's, but OMG, the ingredients are horrid. How do you mess up "milk, cream, and sugar?" HOW????? What the absolute HECK is all this GUM?! 

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Peevin'
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Not anymore. 👀

Wow. It's like they're rewriting history or something!!! 😮

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser!

Promise me that if you come here tomorrow and discover that my name has seemingly changed to "Anathema Excised," and I no longer use Canadian/British spellings, you'll come looking for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Promise me that if you come here tomorrow and discover that my name has seemingly changed to "Anathema Excised," and I no longer use Canadian/British spellings, you'll come looking for me!

Inquiring minds want to know 🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeahhhh...no comment about all that, LOL.

As for seeking you out, I absolutely shall! I just hope if mine gets changed, I will become...

THE BATMAN.

khYPYu.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

How do you mess up "milk, cream, and sugar?" HOW????? What the absolute HECK is all this GUM?! 

Once , long ago and far away, people invented "Water Ice" deserts, fruit juice, sugar, water, and cold, stir well while freezing.

Then they invented "sorbet", which is basically the same thing, except you add RAW egg white, as a smooth binding agent, and it's far nicer.

Then the "dirty chicken farmers with dirty chickens" salmonella scandal broke and people wanted to remove egg white from everything, so they needed a replacement, and chose guar gum.

Then people started whining about "low calorie" and "saturated fats", and "vegan-anti-food", "Cream? Cream R bad mkay?"

Now it's in everything, as a binding agent, presumably its cheaper than using the real ingredients like cream and full fat milk, and because using skimmed milk and no cream without a low fat vegan friendly alternative makes BAD ice-cream.

That's why "all the gum".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Not anymore. 👀

Edit: Oh, I need a peeve.

Got one up my sleeve already, as I've been ranting silently for the last 45 minutes.

Peeve: "Frozen dairy dessert." I'm so out of the loop, because I so rarely eat ice cream, but now that I've got a milkshake-making obsession, I wanted to grab some Breyer's, but OMG, the ingredients are horrid. How do you mess up "milk, cream, and sugar?" HOW????? What the absolute HECK is all this GUM?! 

On the US west coast, Tillamook makes very good quality ice cream that doesn't have a bunch of weird ingredients. Crystal is pretty good too. If you like a more expensive pint-sized ice cream, Talenti gelletto is good. 

"Gum" ingredients keep the ice cream from liquifying as easily. They don't improve the taste or texture of ice cream that is kept properly frozen.

• Like 3

I don't know post in, or even read, the land forums very often.

But I have the impression, from a number of years of listening to the loud yelling coming from next door, that they, and especially the Linden Homes subforum, are absolute HOTBEDS of entertaining and exciting drama!

Kinda like that neighbourhood app thingy they have in the US maybe?

Anyway,

PEEVE:

We are falling behind here in GD. We need to step up our game!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

are absolute HOTBEDS of entertaining and exciting drama!

Personally, I don't find two groups of self appointed un-representatives of "The Community" in Bellicosia, declaring war on each other, to be particularly exciting.

The possibilities of selling black-market slightly used military surplus items of a destructive nature to BOTH sides, at extortionate prices however...

That's FAR more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't know post in, or even read, the land forums very often.

But I have the impression, from a number of years of listening to the loud yelling coming from next door, that they, and especially the Linden Homes subforum, are absolute HOTBEDS of entertaining and exciting drama!

Kinda like that neighbourhood app thingy they have in the US maybe?

Anyway,

PEEVE:

We are falling behind here in GD. We need to step up our game!

Peeve: all I hear is Tiny (as if Chipmunk) voices yelling, "get off my lawn!"

• Haha 1

The drama reserves have been used, they have dried up, and it will take a few days before they are replenished.  You'll all have to just wait for a while until the passion comes back.  

Here ya go, some McLean to help you all through these difficult times.  I don't even think AI bots or security orbs are going to do it for a bit, all of the dopamine receptors need time 🤣

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I SMELL A RAT!!!!

Please feel free to contribute your fun conspiracy theories below!

The phantom deep state conspiracy theory plot thickens!....

Don't you hate when that happens?

• Haha 2

Peeve: I drive rideshare on some weekends out of boredom and to make a little extra money. You would not believe the level of rudeness that exists with people and how they think you are their personal servant. First, this is MY CAR, second I am not obligated to help you with your bags or items, but have done so if the person is nice.  So ultimately the peeve is extremely rude people .

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Modulated said:

You would not believe the level of rudeness that exists with people and how they think you are their personal servant.

Alas, I do. Trying my best to be especially nice to people who do "servant jobs" 🙄 even though I'm far from the most outgoing person irl. Seeing how, for example, people walk past the stairs cleaning person in the house corridor, with neither hello nor thanks, almost makes me pity the rude person, thinking they must have had awful or no parents. Almost. Usually, I'm just too baffled by that kind of behaviour to think so far.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Alas, I do. Trying my best to be especially nice to people who do "servant jobs" 🙄 even though I'm far from the most outgoing person irl. Seeing how, for example, people walk past the stairs cleaning person in the house corridor, with neither hello nor thanks, almost makes me pity the rude person, thinking they must have had awful or no parents. Almost. Usually, I'm just too baffled by that kind of behaviour to think so far.

Exactly this, it does not take much to acknowledge and be nice to someone you encounter during your day. I must say I do make an exception to the nice rule for elderly people tho, lol. Even if they aren't particularly friendly and need help with their things I will do it anyway, because that is what you're supposed to do.

• Like 4

Peeve - I fell asleep BTL. True story -

I had been consuming all the trash on all those blogs and here, about the AP issue for 12 hrs. It was just before the cactus became the pointy subject, that I was thinking if I had any child avatars.  Since shortness seemed to be part of the definition, I pulled out my eggplant avatar, and noted it would reach to 4.8 feet height, from feet to stem. I was going to post my picture.  Had never thought the difference between a cactus and an eggplant would have been in the thread.   But here's the question anyway.  Is this a child or adult eggplant, and do I need to remove my Adult furniture when wearing it around the ranch?

3fd8a09743adb73d7936ba932cd6af02.jpg

Edited by Jaylinbridges
feet, not meters ;)
  • Haha 5