2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I know, I'm one of them - but there's a right way and a not so right way to do it! 

This is so true. Never use those thin little rubber bands off the green onions from Walmart to tie back your hair, especially if you have curly hair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

This is so true. Never use those thin little rubber bands off the green onions from Walmart to tie back your hair, especially if you have curly hair

It's best to not use anything from Walmart that has a natural lifetime, like fresh produce or their rubber bands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

It's best to not use anything from Walmart that has a natural lifetime, like fresh produce or their rubber bands.

One should especially not use the produce itself to tie back one's hair.

43 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I agree, because they sell hair bands too..:P

Just whatever you do, don't put them on your green onions, they're really not made for that.

XD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

This is so true. Never use those thin little rubber bands off the green onions from Walmart to tie back your hair, especially if you have curly hair.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Just use scissors to remove them if you have to because they will NOT be pulled out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Just use scissors to remove them if you have to because they will NOT be pulled out.

I like ties much more..My old mother used to use rubber bands when I was little.. Both were evil..

hehehe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Friend is online!

Me: Hi friend!

Some time later....

Friend is offline.

I can honestly say, I'm guilty of this a lot of times..

My reason is, A lot of times I don't even have the chat open and have my ding off.. Not that I have a zillion friends IMing me all the time.. I get caught up in what I'm doing and sometimes don't notice the chat bar or flashing or even think of the chat..

A lot of times I check my groups right away when I first get in and those chats, then close the chat..

I can't speak for why others do this though..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

You shouldn't use rubber bands that are not cloth covered as hair ties. Goody's final got rid of the metal bits years ago. https://www.amazon.com/goody-hair-ties/s?k=goody+hair+ties

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My reason is, A lot of times I don't even have the chat open and have my ding off.. Not that I have a zillion friends IMing me all the time.. I get caught up in what I'm doing and sometimes don't notice the chat bar or flashing or even think of the chat..

A lot of times I check my groups right away when I first get in and those chats, then close the chat..

Turn the ding on then, that's what it's there for! I would never want to do this to my friends because it's such an easy fix, they are worth hearing a ding from time to time.

23 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I don't think PBR will attract any new users. It's just eyecandy  for those of us who like that. And it's best used cautiously IMO. Not being able to revert back from PBR when necessary is a real issue in my mind. 

The firestorm team is working away on troubleshooting their Alpha viewer. I personally don't have any issues, but I might not be using certain features. Cinny can't post on her feed with it, and Cat had issues with alphas since she's on a MAC. Apparently Mac users have to turn shadows off, or the viewer uses alpha blending, and things such as my hair turn invisible .

I just learned from The Firestorm Preview group, that there IS a way to revert back from PBR. It's easy. We click on the material window where our textures usually display, and then choose "none" from the popup window.  Setting it to "default" worked for me too.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Turn the ding on then, that's what it's there for! I would never want to do this to my friends because it's such an easy fix, they are worth hearing a ding from time to time.

The ding is off for it's own reasons.. Mainly for not waking my boys or my husband that is sleeping a few feet away..It's why the uncheck on the box is there as well.

I'm not doing anything to them by not answering.. Just as they aren't doing anything to me.. We just pick things up the next time..

I don't ignore my friends, I just miss  them saying hi sometimes.. Just as they miss me saying hi to them sometimes.. hehehe

We don't get mad at each other if we don't answer or don't answer right away.. We all knew ahead of time what the deal was before getting on each others lists.. Anyone on my list knows I'm either busy or short on time or distracted or just didn't see the chat..

I could understand someone getting mad if things weren't laid out ahead of time.. that's why I like making things clear before we get started.. it just makes  things that much easier socially..:)

ETA: Let me also add that I wasn't defending the person that didn't answer you.. I was just saying, I've done this myself is all..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I also do this.  I get very focused on the things I do and interruptions can be irritating.  Even if I love my friends, that "ding" is thoroughly distracting and can even be jarring. That is just my personality.  I try to remember to use away messages so my friends know I am busy with a project or off taking pics or decorating a house or whatever.  Requiring time alone is important for many people, so when that happens, I try to use an alt. (my main account has the best inventory though 😄)

The not-so-nice way to say it is:  I am not in SL to entertain others and will socialize on my own terms.  Luckily, I have emotionally mature, understanding friends that recognize this important part of my identity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I just learned from The Firestorm Preview group, that there IS a way to revert back from PBR. It's easy. We click on the material window where our textures usually display, and then choose "none" from the popup window.  Setting it to "default" worked for me too.

Yes, there is.

What you can't do is add or edit legacy (Binn Phlong) textures after you've added PBR. You have to remove the PBR materials entirely to add or get back to the legacy ones. Then, afterwards, you can re-apply the PBR ones.

Also, Binn Phlong and PBR textures scale a little differently. Whereas you can tile legacy textures using the edit handles, PBR doesn't tile at all this way: you have to add the scaling parameters manually into the appropriate boxes in the "texture" tab of the edit dialog.

Which is, to put it mildly, a pain in the butt.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, there is.

What you can't do is add or edit legacy (Binn Phlong) textures after you've added PBR. You have to remove the PBR materials entirely to add or get back to the legacy ones. Then, afterwards, you can re-apply the PBR ones.

Also, Binn Phlong and PBR textures scale a little differently. Whereas you can tile legacy textures using the edit handles, PBR doesn't tile at all this way: you have to add the scaling parameters manually into the appropriate boxes in the "texture" tab of the edit dialog.

Which is, to put it mildly, a pain in the butt.

Oh that's all?

Well, I sure am glad I'll be leaving that up to you guys..:P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh that's all?

Well, I sure am glad I'll be leaving that up to you guys..:P

I wait until LL gives the signal that all works as intended (meaning we will not advance any further) before I dive into the material matter, if relevant enough at that moment .... and I feel like it. ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I wait until LL gives the signal that all works as intended (meaning we will not advance any further) before I dive into the material matter, if relevant enough at that moment .... and I feel like it. ;)

Peeve: Usually, that's the case with me too. However, I wanted to test "mirrors" and using Reflection Probes to give different lighting effects.  Now, I'm motivated to play with PBR more because "it's dark in here"!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Friend is online!

Me: Hi friend!

Some time later....

Friend is offline.

I might sound a little mean, but I’m filled with rage when someone IMs me immediately when I log on.

I don’t know if it’s because I’m spammed with….everything when I first log on or if my avatar hasn’t fully rezzed yet.

I would at least respond to you, but man that first minute is like information overload!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

I used to know a girl that left that ding on real loud then waited all night for a boy to message her.  Every time a group went ding she went crazy mad.  In this modern world we think we have to answer every text message or jump to every ding, its actually really not good for humans.  I leave my headset jammed into my lap top sitting on the desk so i don't have to listen to every ding, and most of the time everything is turned down in my settings except for voice and music.  Your real friends would not expect an instant reply.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I used to know a girl that left that ding on real loud then waited all night for a boy to message her.  Every time a group went ding she went crazy mad.  In this modern world we think we have to answer every text message or jump to every ding, its actually really not good for humans.  I leave my headset jammed into my lap top sitting on the desk so i don't have to listen to every ding, and most of the time everything is turned down in my settings except for voice and music.  Your real friends would not expect an instant reply.

Well, I don't really mean it that seriously. I just mean if I'm logging on and playing a video game, clearly I'm not that busy.

50 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I might sound a little mean, but I’m filled with rage when someone IMs me immediately when I log on.

I don’t know if it’s because I’m spammed with….everything when I first log on or if my avatar hasn’t fully rezzed yet.

I would at least respond to you, but man that first minute is like information overload!

You must be popular I guess! Can't relate.

21 minutes ago, Snow Frostypaws said:

Well, I don't really mean it that seriously. I just mean if I'm logging on and playing a video game, clearly I'm not that busy.

Honestly, I'm really sorry for drawing so much attention to your Peeve.. You have every right to peeve in peace..

I should have respected that..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

Not mean, IMO.  I've had to unfriend people in the past for doing it repeatedly after being asked not to.  It's actually the only thing I ask people NOT to do IF I friend them at all.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, I'm really sorry for drawing so much attention to your Peeve.. You have every right to peeve in peace..

I should have respected that..

Hey no worries! I wouldn't have posted if I didn't want to chat about it haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1