13 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Welp. Just found the most disgusting peeve i've ever had in my life.

I see a clothing I wanna buy, someone has a  lame "commercial" version of it on like a gift in 1 color. I go get the demo, see that it has an amazing hud with many colors. I go to the store to try to buy the fatpack, cause It's so good, I'm willing to pay for a fatpack...

The store only has a demo. To get the real one, you have to go to an event which doesn't happen until 1 month from now. R.i.P. I don't have time or interest in stalking whenever your event happens. You lost a customer who was about to drop the money right away, regardless of how much it costed. Good job.

The item may have been at an event that just ended.. So it may be in the store soon..

A lot of creators will wait a short bit after an event to put the items in the store..

With the event not coming again for another month. it's a good chance it's the case that  it was at a recent event..

What you could do is go to this site. https://www.seraphimsl.com/

Then up in the search in the far right corner, type in the name of the event and it will give you past events.. Looking at the most recent one , you may see the item you are wanting..

Give about a week and check the store again and it may be there..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

The store only has a demo. To get the real one, you have to go to an event which doesn't happen until 1 month from now. R.i.P. I don't have time or interest in stalking whenever your event happens. You lost a customer who was about to drop the money right away, regardless of how much it costed. Good job.

So, if a merchant makes a new item SPECIFICALLY for a certain event, they shouldn't be allowed to advertise that the item will be at the event, and must sell it to any over-entitled ranter who walks into their store BEFORE the event opens.

And people wonder why so many merchants refer to customers in a negative way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 weeks ago.. Boss: hey how are you doing on that xyz project?

Me: I can't start it without the information that is needed from you, I sent you an email on it...

2 weeks ago..Boss: hey how are you doing on that xyz project?

Me: I can't start it without the information that is needed from you, I sent you another reminder email

1 week ago.. Boss:.hey how are you doing on that xyz project?

Me: I can't start it without the information that is needed from you, I sent you another reminder email, a slack message and set up a task for it in Asana for you.

Today...Boss:hey how are you doing on that xyz project?
Me: I gave up on it 

LOL 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So, if a merchant makes a new item SPECIFICALLY for a certain event, they shouldn't be allowed to advertise that the item will be at the event, and must sell it to any over-entitled ranter who walks into their store BEFORE the event opens.

52bfb64096c7c8262d8a45d799693c30.jpg

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Midnoot said:

I see a clothing I wanna buy, someone has a  lame "commercial" version of it on like a gift in 1 color. I go get the demo, see that it has an amazing hud with many colors. I go to the store to try to buy the fatpack, cause It's so good, I'm willing to pay for a fatpack...

The event is a month away!?

Yeah that would annoy me too. Never seen that.

I do sometimes succumb to the hype for a new thing and get the demo from the store, try it and then battle my way into an event that is currently happening but if I found that a demo was merely advertising a product that was not actually available right now somewhere I would be mad too.

• Like 1

Peeve: Someone shot into the neighbor's truck (and maybe house?) last night. It woke me up, but I didn't know what it was so went back to sleep. (I'm used to hearing "gunshots? fireworks?" but in the distance.) That's almost the first time a Sheriff's officer came to ask me anything in 20+ years!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Because the customers don't care for the extra layer of complexity. SL shopping is already a major cluster bomb and this just adds to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because the customers don't care for the extra layer of complexity. SL shopping is already a major cluster bomb and this just adds to it.

To expand on this, I wonder how many shoppers actually like making shopping into a game?  I suppose there are a few. I remember a friend in RL who just looooved garage sales, and I was like PLEASE find someone else to do this with.

I dislike all these walls of timed ways to buy things in SL, so complicated that Blender 3D is easier to use.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

SL shopping is already a major cluster bomb and this just adds to it.

Is it?

Can't say I'd ever noticed, in the last 8 years.

Go to place with vendor board for thing I want, find vendor board, right click on vendor board, select pay, click pay button, receive stuff I wanted.

Simple enough.

Obviously that might be a bit too hard for some immigrants from the more backward platforms like IMVSpew.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

(I'm used to hearing "gunshots

I read that as 'gorillas' and think it might be time to start enlarging text.  I already type with an easier-to-read font at a larger size so I can see what I've typed but now it's a struggle reading everyone else.  I had new glasses recently too. :/

p.s.  It's quite ok to give a laugh reaction to this.

p.p.s  I have no idea why it was 'gorillas'.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Midnoot said:

In RL people have to wait for new products to come out too, especially video games and tech items. The anticipation builds desire for the new item. People don't generally say "I'm never going to buy another Sims game or add-on, because they keep hyping this new product but I have to wait to get it".

Look at what happened too when Velour let the cat out of the bag early about the LaraX body, or when LL says some new function will be added "Soon".

• Like 4

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

(I'm used to hearing "gunshots

I read that as 'gorillas' and think it might be time to start enlarging text.  I already type with an easier-to-read font at a larger size so I can see what I've typed but now it's a struggle reading everyone else.  I had new glasses recently too. :/

p.s.  It's quite ok to give a laugh reaction to this.

p.p.s  I have no idea why it was 'gorillas'.

Hopeful reason: Perhaps "hearing gunshots" is extremely rare where you live! I hope so!

Peeve: When you (me) live in a place that is not perfectly safe, but you feel safe anyway. Everybody's going to die someday! Plus I have huge dogs!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hopeful reason: Perhaps "hearing gunshots" is extremely rare where you live! I hope so!

It is but then we don't get many gorillas either, unless you count the local students who play rugby and make animal noises on their way home.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you (me) live in a place that is not perfectly safe, but you feel safe anyway. Everybody's going to die someday! Plus I have huge dogs!

Peeve: There is quite a big difference to living in a quiet, peaceful neighborhood vs. one in which disturbing noises and incidents are common.

• Like 4

Speaking of unusual associations from our subconscious/unconscious mind, I had the strangest dream the other night.  I was looking out upon my beloved wheat fields, glistening in the sun, the place where I learned to love nature in the wheat fields across the street from my childhood home in RL.  Up walked Philip Linden, and he looked out upon the wheat fields, admiring them, and then handed me a kind of pop gun, telling me that sometimes you have to shoot people like he has.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Is it?

Can't say I'd ever noticed, in the last 8 years.

If one has only ever done SL shopping then yes, one wouldn't know any better.

Go to place with vendor board for thing I want, find vendor board, right click on vendor board, select pay, click pay button, receive stuff I wanted.

Simple enough.

If one wants to demo and ultimately purchase something it is around 20 clicks between picking up the demo, unboxing it, wearing it, removing it, trashing it, purchasing the full version, unboxing, organizing it, wearing it. That doesn't include searching the store, teleporting there and back home and then back again if one chooses to buy it. The MP is not much better. It is time consuming and a major hindrance to a good shopping experience and effects the volume of sales in a negative way,

Obviously that might be a bit too hard for some immigrants from the more backward platforms like IMVSpew.

Never mind whether it is too hard but whether such a convoluted process is necessary and one only has to go to IMVU to see a much more effective shopping process that only requires 2 clicks to demo and purchase and that the same could be instituted in SL if the Lindens actually cared about  residents like IMVU does. 

Edited by Arielle Popstar
cleanup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Never mind whether it is too hard but whether such a convoluted process is necessary and one only has to go to IMVU to see a much more effective shopping process that only requires 2 clicks to demo and purchase and that the same could be instituted in SL if the Lindens actually cared about  residents like IMVU does. 

Yeah, but you end up with IMVU stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If one wants to demo and ultimately purchase something it is around 20 clicks between picking up the demo, unboxing it, wearing it, removing it, trashing it, purchasing the full version, unboxing, organizing it, wearing it. That doesn't include searching the store, teleporting there and back home and then back again if one chooses to buy it. The MP is not much better. It is time consuming and a major hindrance to a good shopping experience and effects the volume of sales in a negative way,

Yes it is complete pain. I do it as if its second nature after many years but one of the biggest, slowest most frustrating part of helping noobies is explaining this aspect of customizing their avatar.

It's so convoluted and full of so many potential pitfalls and exceptions that it makes for quite a terrible lesson that has to be battled through. Try explaining why some demos are a folder that goes into their root inventory folder, some demos are boxed and go into objects, some demos have unpackers, rare (these days) demos require you to rez and unpack... it's just a mess. Then introduce marketplace into the mix to really complicate things, then none of the above applies because it is delivered to a special folder that will once again require unpacking.

Then when we've settled on a demo item they want to actually buy we have to go to the vendor and do it all over again! argh!

It's necessary and for most of us isn't that much more than a little annoyance and just part of the SL economy but for noobies still getting to grips with inventory etc it's so needlessly convoluted and could be so, so much slicker.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe this is a good thing, because slowing down the process of buying stuff gives us a chance to second think our purchases and thus not spend so much or accumulate inventory we don't really need.

In RL we might need to go to a store to buy something, which means driving or taking public transport, walking through the store, possibly trying on clothes or trying to decide between different products, putting items into our cart, possibly waiting in a line to get to the cashier, digging through our purse of wallet for money or a card, driving or riding back home, carrying our purchases into our home, and then unpacking them and putting them somewhere. I know there's been a few times when I changed my mind about buying something before I reached the cashier.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

one only has to go to IMVU to see a much more effective shopping process that only requires 2 clicks

So, what you are saying is that IMVSpew is for people too lazy for SL?

Makes me wonder, if IMVSpew is so great, why don't all the IMVSpew immigrants just re-patriate back there?

If it's sooooooo much better?

Unless...

It's not better at all, which is why they tip-toed through the mine fields to reach the beach, built their oil-drum and plank makke-shift water craft, and paddled across the sea to freedom in SL.

The significant number of IMVSpew refugees in SL would suggest it's an oppressive backward Virtual 3rd World hellhole that people want to escape from and never go back to.

Peeve - El' Presidente's Secret Police infiltrators here in SL to sabotage our freedom with anti SL propaganda from the IMVSpew Ministry of Official BS.

If we wanted to listen to that drek, we'd set our parcel radios to the IMVSpew Government Radio "All Presidente! All Day!" broadcasts.

• Like 1