6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve.  Coming across a remark meant for me to see but not knowing it's there until after the topic closes so I can't reply.  I don't visit many topics at all, and just sometimes will look at another if there's not much that's new.  I think tagging me will give me a notification so maybe use that? :) 

This conflict can also be remedied with a Personal Message. 😊 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you PM someone they get a notice in their email, whether they're checking on the forums or not. This might not be a public apology, but it will get to the person personally.

If they have PM's on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If they have PM's on!

I was looking for this option the other day, as I considered turning it off.  However, I now cannot find such an option anywhere in my forum settings.  I'm obviously blind.

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was looking for this option the other day, as I considered turning it off.  However, I now cannot find such an option anywhere in my forum settings.  I'm obviously blind.

Go to your inbox.  Scroll to the bottom of the list on the left.  It says Disable my Inbox.

• Thanks 3

Peeve: I lack comprehension. 

It wasn't clear if @Persephone Emerald was referring to "PM's" in Second Life itself, or on the Forums.  

Hopefully, the answers and discussion ("take it to PM's") is still on-topic whichever was meant!

Peeve: When you block someone because of drama, and they get confused because they cannot "in-box" you, then say they would prefer discussing their topic in private messages then on the Forum. HELLO, MAKE UP YOUR MIND! lol (you like me or you don't)

• Like 1

@Love Zhaoying

I was referring to PMs for the forum.

If someone wants to block those, that's their right. We are not obligated to continue an online conversation, unless perhaps it's with a moderator.

If someone is being argumentative or rude toward me publically, I certainly don't feel obligated to continue such a conversation privately. At least in public one has witnesses to what is said.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

@Love Zhaoying

I was referring to PMs for the forum.

If someone wants to block those, that's their right. We are not obligated to continue an online conversation, unless perhaps it's with a moderator.

If someone is being argumentative or rude toward me publically, I certainly don't feel obligated to continue such a conversation privately. At least in public on has witnesses to what is said.

To be blunt, my Peeve was:

If someone would prefer I communicate with PM's, it implies they don't trust me to "be nice and stay on topic" in their thread!

• Like 1

There are times when it is best to go to PMs and times when airing it all in public is best.

One does not need to shut off PM functionality to avoid problematic users sending them either - one can block specific users from sending PMs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

image.thumb.png.13c6948394def05caf5374c9f2a71f87.png

image.thumb.png.7d9a7a92173daab41e99ba2eca688e45.png

image.thumb.png.b0885f03d04bfcd4b824cf506f81be7f.png

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I saw that the singer in your GIF actually ripped off the song "Surprise Surprise" from Dionne Warwick.

(This is part of the reason it went viral, besides being cheesy!)

I actually didn’t know that 😆 saw this meme on TikTok a few times in relation to various “surprises” and never failed to extract a laugh out of me. Not sure why! Maybe the stuff it refers to is usually a laugh or cry type of situation…

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I actually didn’t know that 😆 saw this meme on TikTok a few times in relation to various “surprises” and never failed to extract a laugh out of me. Not sure why! Maybe the stuff it refers to is usually a laugh or cry type of situation…

Yeah, the GIF is often used somewhat sarcastically. Like, "Are you REALLY surprised? Ha!"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The article's a bit weird for me but I think I know what they mean.  I call it the Pic-n-Mix approach, where you can choose all the bits you like from anywhere and never have to commit to anything.  Commitment is hard.

I thought the horoscope stuff at the end was silly, but before that I thought it was a pretty good explanation.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

There are times when it is best to go to PMs and times when airing it all in public is best.

One does not need to shut off PM functionality to avoid problematic users sending them either - one can block specific users from sending PMs.

I just don't respond. I don't feel the need to disable my inbox and have only rarely blocked anyone on the forums.

Besides, if you totally block someone, you wouldn't be able to see when they apologize.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Two people quoted me in a thread, but it got deleted for some reason and I'll never get to see what they said.  😠

Peeve: It must have been really rude!!!

On the other hand, that means you can use your imagination.  It could have been the nicest compliments ever! Peeve!!1!!1!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

For myself, if it gets to the point where I feel it would be better to not continue in public, my choice would always be to end the conversation right there.

I've found, again for myself, that there is no need to allow random private conversations with anyone.  Should someone specifically ask to talk to me in private, I'd be happy to consider it but probably inworld, depending on who it is of course, but otherwise everything I'd want to discuss here with anyone I would rather be public or not at all.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: It must have been really rude!!!

On the other hand, that means you can use your imagination.  It could have been the nicest compliments ever! Peeve!!1!!1!!

probably a trainwreck. i still want to break out the popcorn dammit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pet Peeve - Stupid animated GIF's in a text forum, AND those who then comment on the GIF as if it was worth a comment.

I don't waste much time posting here anymore.  TOO  TOXIC, and the main offenders are given a free pass for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1