Peeve: Tuesday morning region resets while I'm doing inventory clean-up (naked) in my skybox. I waited a reasonable amount of time to log back in and get booted to a hub, naked (with about 100 other avatars).  Two seconds later, hub region DING! Bell of doom region restart.  Home region still not up. Luckily my alpha HUD rezzed fast enough for me to alpha out my body before the hub perverts invaded my inbox. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Peeve: Tuesday morning region resets while I'm doing inventory clean-up (naked) in my skybox. I waited a reasonable amount of time to log back in and get booted to a hub, naked (with about 100 other avatars).  Two seconds later, hub region DING! Bell of doom region restart.  Home region still not up. Luckily my alpha HUD rezzed fast enough for me to alpha out my body before the hub perverts invaded my inbox. 

LOL

I am so sick of arriving at clubs full of dancing naked people with their faces on the back of their heads. Can't LL do something about this!??   Peeve....

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL

I am so sick of arriving at clubs full of dancing naked people with their faces on the back of their heads. Can't LL do something about this!??   Peeve....

You could just log out until your sim is back up. Easy Peasy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Peeve: FINALLY got the link access to Canny for the Mobile viewer testing, so I can post my Mobile issues there.

It turned out all I probably needed was the friggin' Canny link and probably should have just asked someone like @Sam Bellisserian who I believe also is part of the Mobile testing.  (It turned out the link was a generic link to SL's Canny.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:
19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL

Whatever are you talking about.

Peeve: I can't figure it out.

21 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

Question, how does one tell that their "sim is back up"? 

Or, do you mean something like, "just wait longer, for a reasonable amount of time"?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL

14 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

No. Go login. Go meditate, dance, do whatever you like to do inworld.

The "problem" described is from people wearing mesh that hasn't rezzed yet and EvoX skins instead of SLUV skins. As long as people want to make their SL more detailed and graphics intensive, there is going to be a lag in things rezzing properly. If you don't like it, either don't go to busy places, go where most of the people wear old system avatars, or don't log in at all. But if you don't log in at all, you'll be missing all the fun too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:
34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL

This isn't on my sim, and it has nothing to do with sims rebooting.  The rezzing time is terribly slow of late, and seems to be getting worse..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you don't like it, either don't go to busy places, go where most of the people wear old system avatars, or don't log in at all.

But I want to be annoyed about it.....and if you're annoyed long enough LL will fix it right?

Pet Peeve:  don't you get it, Persephone?    :)

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But I want to be annoyed about it.....and if you're annoyed long enough LL will fix it right?

Oh, I get it.

Some people enjoy drama even more than they enjoy SL.

Am I not allowed to have a pet peeve????.........sobs

Pet Peeve:  I'm so oppressed!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh, I get it.

Some people enjoy drama even more than they enjoy SL.

How annoying!

Pet Peeve:  I have not followed the sacred religious instruction given to us recently.

I make amends -- I forgive LL for slow rezzing times, and I relinquish all drama associated with such an attitude.

/me bows her head and will pray for 2 hours now...

Peeve: YouTube shorts. Been scrolling through a few today, and sure I enjoy some of the fun and creative stuff people do (although I don't get why it has to be in TikTok format), but some of it is just baffling. How are videos by people not knowing how to sharpen knives or use cast iron pans 'content'? Do we really need more reminders in our lives that people are stupid? 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

You left out the ones that pretend to just be the average user (or similar) that in reality like to poke and prod for reactions as subtly as possible, those who have always managed to fly under the radar even while seeking their next drama fix ...

They're not even the 'worst' of the lot here that have managed to somehow remain.

If the forums were that bad as you describe them now, I personally wouldn't bother to hang out around here.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7

Just now, Sid Nagy said:
15 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

You left out the ones that pretend to just be the average user (or similar) that in reality like to poke and prod for reactions as subtly as possible, those who have always managed to fly under the radar even while seeking their next drama fix ...

They're not even the 'worst' of the lot here that have managed to somehow remain.

If the forums were that bad as you describe them now, I wouldn't bother to hang around here.

IKR?

I had to read Solar's post carefully, and ask myself, "Is it me? Am I that way? Maybe.."

lulz

I'm adding a further (and related) peeve to the one I posted an hour ago.  I'm on Tamoxifen, and amongst other side effects now and then I just want to slap people.  I think ladies of a certain age can relate to this.

I do not endorse slapping people and I'm trying not to represent the desire with verbal lashings. :/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm adding a further (and related) peeve to the one I posted an hour ago.  I'm on Tamoxifen, and amongst other side effects now and then I just want to slap people.  I think ladies of a certain age can relate to this.

I do not endorse slapping people and I'm trying not to represent the desire with verbal lashings. :/

Sending wishes for you to be okay...did not know of your health challenges..

• Thanks 1

The Ignore feature works a treat for dealing with some of the types mentioned in both my post and the one I originally quoted. If used properly, one might actually think the Forum has rather few ne'er do wells in it.

Alternatively some could be rather oblivious to said types or actually believe them when they're spinning their stories. In either case it does not change the fact that they're here, have been here for some time and really should not be here anymore.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Orwar said:

How are videos by people not knowing how to sharpen knives or use cast iron pans 'content'? Do we really need more reminders in our lives that people are stupid? 

Totally agree, though for me, the worst videos I run into (not limited to shorts) are the freakin' reacts - particularly to music. Yes, sure, let me sit and watch someone "reacting" to their "first time" listening to *insert iconic song/band here* that changed the entire face of *insert genre here* and who has been famous for at minimum, 30-40+ years.

Who the heck hasn't heard "Thriller" before and why do we need to see you reacting to it?!?!?! 

i-hate-it-here-baby-yoda-star-wars-k0hc0

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 4