1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve: I'm going to have to read some instructions!  I hate reading instructions for most things -- I like to click around and figure it out. but I'm afraid these BOM problems I'm having require some reading.

RTFM only if everything else fails. Same here.  :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I'm so old, I remember when software had printed manuals! (What's a Pee-dee-eff?)

I still remember the times when a request for help was met by the lovely "FAQ-U" - but maybe I just spent too much time on Quakenet back in the day.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's a Pee-dee-eff?

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

PDF = Portable Pretentious Document Format

Fixed that for you! Hahaha.

I downloaded some 1/2 mb zip file, containing a script mod for a game once, and found the script was about 2 KB, and the rest of the 1/2 MB was the readme in PDF, which when opened was about 7 words, thanking you for downloading their stuff.

Why the hell not just use a 1 KB text file?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: I have no clue wtf any of you are talking about now.  I don't want a clue either. 😄

Colonel Mustard in the pantry with the maid. Nods.

tim-curry-grin.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was wanting to try that one, but I couldn't find a 32bit version..

I'd suggest asking Henri about it on his forum: Cool VL Viewer forum - Index page (free.fr). Not sure exactly when he stopped doing a 32bit version, but it was in the last few years, I think. 

You may need to update your Win7 to a 64bit version instead. There is no upgrade path, so you'd have to do a clean install after backing up files. https://www.ubackup.com/windows-7/upgrade-windows-7-32-bit-to-64-bit.html

52 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'd suggest asking Henri about it on his forum: Cool VL Viewer forum - Index page (free.fr). Not sure exactly when he stopped doing a 32bit version, but it was in the last few years, I think. 

You may need to update your Win7 to a 64bit version instead. There is no upgrade path, so you'd have to do a clean install after backing up files. https://www.ubackup.com/windows-7/upgrade-windows-7-32-bit-to-64-bit.html

I'll be off this computer by saturday.. right now catznip is working really good.. they had a 32 bit version so that was good..

It's all laggy though so really the only thing I can do on there is chat.. Only a few more days to go and I'll be back in business.. lol

Thank you for the information though.. I think I'm gonna be testing out a few viewers when I get back on my good computer.. 

• Like 2

Very peeved once again at what passes for customer service by some merchants in SL, as twice in the past week I have had to contact sellers about issues with purchases, and been completely ignored. There are no consequences for merchants who refuse to provide customer service, other than losing customers who have bad experiences. New customers are not protected at all.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Mistress Morbid said:

Very peeved once again at what passes for customer service by some merchants in SL, as twice in the past week I have had to contact sellers about issues with purchases, and been completely ignored. There are no consequences for merchants who refuse to provide customer service, other than losing customers who have bad experiences. New customers are not protected at all.

I've had the same experience in the last two weeks with a fairly well-known women's clothing maker, to whom I sent a note pointing out that her vendor was set to deliver the wrong garment (even though the "pay" popup named the correct one -- I mentioned this situation here earlier.) I guess it's time to start getting a bit pushier, with a slightly more forceful notecard.

It's doubly annoying because I'm NOT a "new customer": this is someone from whom I've bought a reasonable amount in the past. She's on the verge of losing me as a customer for good, however.

And as you say, really, there's not a damned thing I can do about it, except maybe tell friends privately, and stop spending my own money there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And as you say, really, there's not a damned thing I can do about it, except maybe tell friends privately, and stop spending my own money there.

There is always the ability to leave a bad review on their products in the MP,  especially if done by a group of customers all voicing the same complaint. When I see a legitimate negative reviews with no follow up by the creator, I tend to be wary of such stores even on their other products because it's obvious that the creator is not supporting their products. 

The review function on the MP is an underused method of warning potential new customers about problems with such stores.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

There is always the ability to leave a bad review on their products in the MP,  especially if done by a group of customers all voicing the same complaint. When I see a legitimate negative reviews with no follow up by the creator, I tend to be wary of such stores even on their other products because it's obvious that the creator is not supporting their products. 

The review function on the MP is an underused method of warning potential new customers about problems with such stores.

I do tend to read reviews when buying from the MP -- but critically. I'll dismiss negative reviews that don't specify the reasons for the negativity. It's generally not difficult to determine which have a legitimate beef.

The problem in THIS instance is that I didn't buy the item from the MP, so I'd have to buy something there to be able to leave a review. And I don't think the item I wanted is even available there, so I wouldn't be able to comment specifically on that.

I've sent a second notecard and an IM. I've included reference numbers, screen shots of the confirmation I received in local when I paid, and of the transaction on my account page. I suppose it's possible she just hasn't been in-world the last two weeks, but this is a pretty active store still, sometimes on the weekend sales, so I'm a little doubtful of that.

I DO hope she resolves it. It's not an absolute favourite store, but it's also not one I want to add to my (fortunately very short) "I Don't Shop There" list.

• Like 3