1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That the price of grapes has been "locked" in a certain UK supermarket, but sneakily the pack size has gone down this year from 500g to 400g and now stands at 375g. :/ 

It happens a lot over here too:  A dozen eggs become boxes of 10 or 6, soda cans go from 33 cl to 25 cl, less tea bags in a box, strawberries packages from 500 gr are now 400 gr...... the list is almost endless.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It happens a lot over here too:  A dozen eggs become boxes of 10 or 6, soda cans go from 33 cl to 25 cl, less tea bags in a box, strawberries packages from 500 gr are now 400 gr...... the list is almost endless.

Then they go and make a loss by people not paying the extortionate prices so these items sometimes end up in the half/quarter price bin on last use by day.

Pet Delight: I got some glorious Israeli houmous for 84p instead of £2.60, extra thick double cream, 54p instead of £1.65, a pasta salad with sundried tomatoes, garlic, roasted peppers and feta cheese for only £1.02 instead of £2.75. Made for a weird meal, but it was interesting (the cream served two breakfasts and two snackette toppings). 

I guess we lose some and we win some. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Peeve: People complaining about people complaining in a thread for people complaining about peeves.

Peeve: That I am a tiny bit in love with you (your posts are so funny), but it is totally unrequited. 

(should this have gone into the Make Me Laugh thread?) 

😁🦀🦀🦀

Edited by Marigold Devin
Heck, Marigold, you don't have to say everything out loud!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

IKR? Like, "Hey dude, that ain't no 22.86cm!"

Went to pay a bill online today, and used the "auto-fill" from my browser for saved User ID and Password.

The website displayed a message, "Wow, you sure filled that out fast! So fast, we think you may be a malicious bot. If you are not a bot, please close this browser window and login again."

PEEVE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Went to pay a bill online today, and used the "auto-fill" from my browser for saved User ID and Password.

The website displayed a message, "Wow, you sure filled that out fast! So fast, we think you may be a malicious bot. If you are not a bot, please close this browser window and login again."

PEEVE!

I think it is a good thing that more and more companies have a better safe than sorry approach.
In the end it is their and your money at stake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

When I want to log in at my bank to pay a bill, I need my digipass to be able to log in at my account and to pay bills.

1212_fullimage_sns%20digipas.png

On the backside there is a 10 digit number, that I have to insert first on the website.
The website than responds with a 6 digit number that I have to fill in on the digipass.
First I have to activate the digipass with my personal pin code and then fill in the number shown on the website.
The digipass than gives out a 6 digit number as a responds, that I have to fill in at the website.

If all the numbers are correct, I have access to my bank account and can start to pay bills.
When ready  I need the digipass procedure again to finalize payments.

It is kind of a peeve to go trough all these steps, but on the other hand it is a pretty safe method IMHO.
Never lost a cent so far.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

PEEVE!

Not laughing at having to relog because of this, but at least their message was humorous. It also reminds me of how fast some posts get pulled here. 😆

They must not care that people use autofill.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

PEEVE!

"Welcome to the First Bank of Multi Effing Annoying Anti-Customer Stupidity, we keep your money soooooooo safe, even you can't spend it, while we earn 5% compound interest a day on it from short term high risk loans to stock market takeover pirates!"

And people wonder why I hate the Multi-Effing-Annoyance fake security scam industry.

• Like 1

Today's peeve? Myself, lmao.

I'm standing here butt ass naked on my platform, and have been for some time, because I got distracted by my inventory and never bothered getting dressed.

My actual peeve? That I haven't yet cleaned my inventory of clothes. I've had a system av since I joined, until very recently. I DO have some mesh clothes, they were just all standard sizes, and I have  way more system stuff. I made the choice to sort this hot mess and I realize now I've been doing it for over two hours. I have a folder, of old folders and boxes, with old clothes (system and standard sizes). I figured I'd keep some to test on the senra avs and some just because they'll never again be in sl. I yeeted a whole bunch because, why even bother with them, lmao. What in the actual fresh hell have I done.

All my old building stuff is also packed up but I did that like in 2015 or so. My building folders did, in 2015, total over 60k items just on their own (not including anything outside of them, of which there is plenty). Those also include sculpts though, lol. Glad I already got those all boxed up. 

I STILL have clothes from MIS, dollyrock, blaze, bf, immerschoen, the sea hole and every other store that was around in 2009, lmao.  I'm not getting rid of all them, those were amazing clothes in 2009.

I need an inventory break, before I break my inventory. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

Today's peeve? Myself, lmao.

I'm standing here butt ass naked on my platform, and have been for some time, because I got distracted by my inventory and never bothered getting dressed.

My actual peeve? That I haven't yet cleaned my inventory of clothes. I've had a system av since I joined, until very recently. I DO have some mesh clothes, they were just all standard sizes, and I have  way more system stuff. I made the choice to sort this hot mess and I realize now I've been doing it for over two hours. I have a folder, of old folders and boxes, with old clothes (system and standard sizes). I figured I'd keep some to test on the senra avs and some just because they'll never again be in sl. I yeeted a whole bunch because, why even bother with them, lmao. What in the actual fresh hell have I done.

All my old building stuff is also packed up but I did that like in 2015 or so. My building folders did, in 2015, total over 60k items just on their own (not including anything outside of them, of which there is plenty). Those also include sculpts though, lol. Glad I already got those all boxed up. 

I STILL have clothes from MIS, dollyrock, blaze, bf, immerschoen, the sea hole and every other store that was around in 2009, lmao.  I'm not getting rid of all them, those were amazing clothes in 2009.

I need an inventory break, before I break my inventory. 

It's always good to take a break when you feel tired or overwhelmed. 

Here are some tips. If you're not going to be wearing a system avatar again, delete all your system skirts, but save the system layer tops, pants, lingerie & tattoos until you've had a good look at them. If you loved an outfit before, it's probably drawn well and can still be used as a BOM layer. Personally, I don't use the sculpted pieces, but some people still do for cuffs or sleeves.

Tops on Jacket layers tend to be better than tops on Shirt layers, because they cover the abdomen without needing another piece of clothing. If you have system clothes with multiple layer versions, you might only need the underwear, pants and jacket layers. An exception might be for vests or corsets on the Shirt layer for multipiece outfits.

Do you still have shoes with invisiprims? If so, put "invis" into your Inventory search and delete all of them. 

For good measure, put "scupt" into your Inventory search & delete (nearly) every sculpted object. 

Put "XS" and "XL" into search and delete all those standard size clothing pieces. You might want to try on some of your standard clothing to see if you can wear it on a mesh body, though. 

p.s.

Don't delete all your flexi skirts just yet. If you get a BOM-compatible Petit avatar from Jian, some of them can be resized down to fit it with your existing system layer clothing.

Most flexi hair is bad, but you might want to save some favorite pieces.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's literally the first time I saw anything like this.

Ohhh you'll get used to it. 

I was trying to pay my brother's house insurance for him the other day via the phone and the operator was a woman working from home who went through the security questions on her screen. She asked me if my brother was alright with me paying for his house insurance and I said yes, and he confirmed that by shouting across from where he was sitting at the other side of the room. She asked to speak to him, asked him for his date of birth and mother's maiden name (! - wouldn't I already know this too?) and then decided it was alright for me to proceed.

Just to emphasise, I was paying  for something for my brother, not trying to remove anything from his account. Somewhere, common sense has been lost.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

When I want to log in at my bank to pay a bill, I need my digipass to be able to log in at my account and to pay bills.

1212_fullimage_sns%20digipas.png

On the backside there is a 10 digit number, that I have to insert first on the website.
The website than responds with a 6 digit number that I have to fill in on the digipass.
First I have to activate the digipass with my personal pin code and then fill in the number shown on the website.
The digipass than gives out a 6 digit number as a responds, that I have to fill in at the website.

If all the numbers are correct, I have access to my bank account and can start to pay bills.
When ready  I need the digipass procedure again to finalize payments.

It is kind of a peeve to go trough all these steps, but on the other hand it is a pretty safe method IMHO.
Never lost a cent so far.

I have one of these devices too with my bank. It's fine except when I have stupidly left my mobile phone under the pillow in the spare room at my brother's house after being overnight there. Then it causes my account to be locked - I know it is a fraud protection thing, but mightily inconvenient when my brother doesn't just live right next door to me. I think I have to permanently wear a bag in which to carry keys, cards, mobile phones, especially as I'm getting more absent minded in older age.

• Like 3

Peeve:  I can't keep up with you people.   There are too many pages to read and pictures to see and not enough time.  I've haven't made it inworld in days.

I'll just leave all the reactions here.  Take the ones you want.

👍 💙 😲 😄 🤪 😆 🤯 😡 😭 🥳

/me clicks "mark all as read" and starts over

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ohhh you'll get used to it. 

Irony is many:

- The provider's website is very old. Given that, it's not surprising they added a "hacky" way to do this check.

- The provider's website is old despite being a major regional utility.

- The message is unprofessional, such as we are trained (in IT) to watch out for as a "warning sign".

- I didn't even really use auto-fill, I had to poke the form-filler to get the info filled in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve:  I can't keep up with you people.   There are too many pages to read and pictures to see and not enough time.  I've haven't made it inworld in days.

I'll just leave all the reactions here.  Take the ones you want.

👍 💙 😲 😄 🤪 😆 🤯 😡 😭 🥳

/me clicks "mark all as read" and starts over

I had to do this yesterday with this thread.  I couldn't spend much time here until late evening and by then I had 5 or 6 pages to read.  I just couldn't.  So, yep "mark all read".

• Like 2

Peeve: That I have had an incredibly excellent Friday, so excellent that it has been deposited into the Bank of Good Days, but I am frightened that once this Cinderella crosses over midnight it will all turn sh1t shaped. (The peeve is my own silly unfounded fears. I hope that's all they are anyway.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 5

The biggest pet peeve for me is when people watch a review for anything and they take the word of the reviewer as gospel. Like somehow their opinion is the golden standard and they don't really form their own opinion or check the thing out. I mean I was bad for this at one time, and I believed certain people's words as the word. But I kinda went against the grain one day and tested it out for myself. I found I was quite surprised at how good this thing was. 

• Like 4