8 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean it all depends on the person and their style. Some people will understand fashion more than others. But what do you suggest to improve on this? 

What I would like to see, will never happen because it would upset a lot of the market and the users. And it would take a lot of effort from Linden Lab: A standard totally customizable body/head avatar where all clothing fits by just wearing it, no matter how the shape of the avatar is, slim, fat, long, short.... just like was the case with the traditional ones, but than mesh style.

We have to live with SL's history where at some point LL gave away control over the avatars to merchants/creators.
That can't be fixed, so no point of dreaming about that I guess.For a short time i hoped that NUX would be an attempt to bring a new standard to SL, but I should have known better.  It is produced in the LL style.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

EVERYTHING!

all-of-this-pointing.gif

Thank you, Scylla! Couldn't have said it better.

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LeLutka undoubtedly makes the "best" head on the market these days. I still, subjectively, prefer my Genus one, but it's got well-publicized issues, and I'll readily concede that LeLutka are, objectively, a better made product.

I'll be super blunt - I think Lelutka's an amazing brand, but I *do not* like their female heads and I cannot stand Evo X (I hide and replace the ears right off the bat for piercings, so I'm getting zero benefit from it). I'll agree that they do have the best human male heads on the market, though, no question, and those I do wear regularly.

For female regular wear, I'm sticking with Catwa. Sorry, the mocap anims make the faces so expressive, and the only rivals to that that I've personally found are in the furry market, where creators like Cerberus and SugarCult are out there killing the game. Trying to find good daily moods/expressions for my female Lel faces is a bad time. RBF everywhere. Blah. That weirdly works out well for the guys, though. 😄 My second runner up is AK - not for the animations, but some of the faces are too dang cute, they shape very well, and they include a bunch of fantasy ear options (mermaid ears, yaaaay!). Haven't seen any piercings for them though, so that's a peeve.

As for being able to choose between Evolution and Evo X - that makes absolutely no difference when the majority of stores aren't selling anything for the SLUV map. It's not a real choice at that point. Even my non-human fantasy heads are swapping to Evo X maps because it's becoming too hard for their customers to find skins and makeup for SLUV. I know of a few places that still sell SLUV skins and makeup, but that's only because I'm a shopaholic. A casual shopper isn't going to know there are catalogs on Flickr for SLUV/Genus/Catwa products.

Also, Genus is coming out with their own unique UV map, as well. They refused to entertain Evo X and created something entirely brand new, so we'll see how that works out when it releases.

Peeves, peeves everywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

all-of-this-pointing.gif

Thank you, Scylla! Couldn't have said it better.

I'll be super blunt - I think Lelutka's an amazing brand, but I *do not* like their female heads and I cannot stand Evo X (I hide and replace the ears right off the bat for piercings, so I'm getting zero benefit from it). I'll agree that they do have the best human male heads on the market, though, no question, and those I do wear regularly.

For female regular wear, I'm sticking with Catwa. Sorry, the mocap anims make the faces so expressive, and the only rivals to that that I've personally found are in the furry market, where creators like Cerberus and SugarCult are out there killing the game. Trying to find good daily moods/expressions for my female Lel faces is a bad time. RBF everywhere. Blah. That weirdly works out well for the guys, though. 😄 My second runner up is AK - not for the animations, but some of the faces are too dang cute, they shape very well, and they include a bunch of fantasy ear options (mermaid ears, yaaaay!). Haven't seen any piercings for them though, so that's a peeve.

As for being able to choose between Evolution and Evo X - that makes absolutely no difference when the majority of stores aren't selling anything for the SLUV map. It's not a real choice at that point. Even my non-human fantasy heads are swapping to Evo X maps because it's becoming too hard for their customers to find skins and makeup for SLUV. I know of a few places that still sell SLUV skins and makeup, but that's only because I'm a shopaholic. A casual shopper isn't going to know there are catalogs on Flickr for SLUV/Genus/Catwa products.

Also, Genus is coming out with their own unique UV map, as well. They refused to entertain Evo X and created something entirely brand new, so we'll see how that works out when it releases.

Peeves, peeves everywhere.

it starts  "The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from" - Andrew S. Tanenbaum Computer Networks, 2nd ed., p. 254.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When you buy an item, and to get to that item you have to unpack a box. And then another box. And then another box. Feels like overkill and my inventory is probably clogged with those extra boxes I forgot to delete.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

When you buy an item, and to get to that item you have to unpack a box. And then another box. And then another box. Feels like overkill.

Yo dawg, I heard you like boxes, so I put your box in a box so you can unbox while you unbox. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMlQkw0C0Qy2Q5_-RtBs0

😂

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

The head is the Catwa HDPRO MajerSoft whish i chose because i liked the shape of i also like the hud and found it the least confusing the skin is :[P]: & []TRAP[] - Atharia Skin (F) - Shizuko

Both do not use *Proprietary UV* and finding good quality Fantasy skns is a war without worrying my about does this support this UV or that

anger came while looking for makeup and finding some i liked and it being for *proprietary UV* only only than going to MP to see if i can find something even remotely the same  to find that everything made in the last year and a half not supporting what i own in favor of a Vendor locked System

As far as buying something else it wont be happening and I wont be buying any *propratary UV* anything ever because i will not support vendor lock in its the bane of the real world IT industry and it would be sad if it became a more common in SL also i highly doubt even with a the *proprietary UV* head you could use a proprietary makeup BOM with a SL Standard Skin

and is far as it having a higher definition there are some extremely talented artists who do some amazing things with the old uv (the "spots under the eyes on my skin for example) so I have a hard time being convinced that it effects anything other than the ears.

Scylla up above very eloquently put my issues in a fantastic post thank you for finding the words i was far far to frustrated to convey.

d0e0eacd4c71e7f8af5df79e40828b4d.png

I don't disagree with you that there are some high quality artists in SL. But I mean have you tried Nuve, for makeups. I know they make for catwa hd pro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

PET PEEVE:  What was the matter with me...thinking I was out of blueberries? When there 2 bags were waiting for me off in the corner of the freezer!

You have to move the snickers boxes to the back and move the blueberries up closer to the front next time!! \o/

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You have to move the snickers boxes to the back and move the blueberries up closer to the front next time!! \o/

Just had the concoction we spoke of...and now with HONEY!!!

Pet Peeve:  why was I using that nasty sugar, even if it was organic

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

As for being able to choose between Evolution and Evo X - that makes absolutely no difference when the majority of stores aren't selling anything for the SLUV map. It's not a real choice at that point.

This for me is the biggest issue in all this.  If you replace Evo/Evo X with Lara v5.3/Lara X the possibility of the same outcome is very real.  This is the main concern that keeps getting (deliberately?) missed in discussions about it.

• Like 4

Creators are going to create for what sells.  If the HDPro skins and makeup aren't selling.  The same thing happened with Belleza and Slink.  Belleza came.out with the GenX but apparently, not enough people bought the body to warrant creating for it.  Same with Slink and the Cinnamon/Chia.

It's not the creator of the head or body that is to blame for a narrower market but the creators of skins, makeup, clothes, etc that don't make items for low volume customers.

Betamax/VCR 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My peeve today: That my favorite beach club has become a mainstream sell out, at some time during my absence. It used to be really cozy and nicely designed. Fem avatars only, demanding a beach-wear/nude dress code. The crowd was lovely and very appreciating of creative avatars and the vibe was fitting for an adult sim (kinky/sex-positive, but not too much in your face).

Today I returned and not only did they change the sim layout for the worse (if I have to fly from the landing point to reach the dance area its bad), they also scrapped the cozy design for the typical "wide square with club equipment" look. On top of that, they got rid off the fem-restriction and stopped requesting a beach dresscode.

This of course attracts a completely different crowd. Call me mean, but my first thought was "ugh, basic".

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This for me is the biggest issue in all this.  If you replace Evo/Evo X with Lara v5.3/Lara X the possibility of the same outcome is very real.  This is the main concern that keeps getting (deliberately?) missed in discussions about it.

This feels like a slightly bigger issue with Evo X than it might be for Lara X (peeve: X branding, omg). Lemme splain...

Lara X is using the same UV map as 5.3. Skins will still work, tattoos will work, BOM layers for freckles and moles and addons and clothes will work. I believe the clothing/tattoo material add-on layers will still fit, too, so materials for gloss, shine, shimmer, water, etc. shouldn't change much either. Rings will work. Shoes will work. Taller boots *should* work, as I don't think the lower legs are changing too much. Thigh boots - not sure yet. Clothing will absolutely change - and that's pretty annoying I agree, but Maitreya intends to keep supporting 5.3 and X simultaneously, so the 5.3 won't disappear and they'll likely keep their own clothing line going for both, at the least. Plus, with alphas, you never know. We might get a bit lucky here and there.

Evo X broke everything, though. Makeup, skins, hairbases, skin imperfections, facial hair, head/face tattoos - all broken. If you were lucky enough to spend a ton of money on SLUV skins and makeup before, it might not be an issue, but I certainly have less of that in my inventory than I have clothing, so finding current SLUV skins/makeup (especially fantasy skins/makeup) is a bit tedious.

Quick example - I spend ages looking for SLUV head tattoos (with or without hairbases included), for example. I only have two or three in my inventory that I purchased a million years ago and I can rattle off a bunch of places that sell them for Evo X, but I have to really diiiiiig for stores that nobody even remembers still exist (like Wild Roots/PMS) to find tats for my Catwa.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Creators are going to create for what sells.  If the HDPro skins and makeup aren't selling.  The same thing happened with Belleza and Slink.  Belleza came.out with the GenX but apparently, not enough people bought the body to warrant creating for it.  Same with Slink and the Cinnamon/Chia.

It's not the creator of the head or body that is to blame for a narrower market but the creators of skins, makeup, clothes, etc that don't make items for low volume customers.

Betamax/VCR 

I don't disagree with that either but creators get caught up in hype as well as others though and often these things are decided before any evidence of more sales has materialised.  Mostly it ends up steering the market instead of selling what customers are wanting.  It's this attempting to steer markets that I object to mainly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I don't disagree with any of that but regardless of the circumstances being somewhat different, I said that is was that the possibility of the outcome being the same.  The possibility that people who choose not to adopt Lara X will be unable to buy new mesh clothes created for Lara.

One thing I did learn when Evo X came about - stock up on what I need before the next major change. 

I'm one of those who don't intend to swap to Lara X right away (can't - I wear too many mods that may or may not be updated). I'm just going ahead and taking advantage of every sale I can find to stock up juuuuust in case. I definitely don't need to ever buy jeans or formal gowns again. I'll grab more tops, rompers, jumpsuits, suits, skirts, shorts, leggings, costumes, etc. I can't see 5.3 disappearing that quickly, but just in case, I'll be ready. I am not going through all that again. 😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

One thing I did learn when Evo X came about - stock up on what I need before the next major change. 

I'm one of those who don't intend to swap to Lara X right away (can't - I wear too many mods that may or may not be updated). I'm just going ahead and taking advantage of every sale I can find to stock up juuuuust in case. I definitely don't need to ever buy jeans or formal gowns again. I'll grab more tops, rompers, jumpsuits, suits, skirts, shorts, leggings, costumes, etc. I can't see 5.3 disappearing that quickly, but just in case, I'll be ready. I am not going through all that again. 😂

Yeah, the thing is I'm already well stocked and quite recently restocked.  I'm more looking for new, fresh, innovative stuff like everyone else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

My peeve today: That my favorite beach club has become a mainstream sell out, at some time during my absence. It used to be really cozy and nicely designed. Fem avatars only, demanding a beach-wear/nude dress code. The crowd was lovely and very appreciating of creative avatars and the vibe was fitting for an adult sim (kinky/sex-positive, but not too much in your face).

Today I returned and not only did they change the sim layout for the worse (if I have to fly from the landing point to reach the dance area its bad), they also scrapped the cozy design for the typical "wide square with club equipment" look. On top of that, they got rid off the fem-restriction and stopped requesting a beach dresscode.

This of course attracts a completely different crowd. Call me mean, but my first thought was "ugh, basic".

Welcome back.

You'll be pleased to know that the forums are still pretty basic too.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

It happened on the 31st, not the 1st, in a mobile home park, not a regular neighborhood. He'd probably been drinking, wasn't wearing a helmet and had never ridden a motorcycle before. It got away from him because he revved it high twice then let go of the clutch. At a T intersection where our home sits on the cross bar directly in front of the intersection.

Kind of like this but no stop sign and our home is further to the right of the picture. Next door neighbor's driveway is where the bushes are.

6563917.jpg?type=600&mod=1681309616

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I don't disagree with you that there are some high quality artists in SL. But I mean have you tried Nuve, for makeups. I know they make for catwa hd pro. 

The issue is i bought a Fantasy Tatoo set the designer of it made it to work with a Eye shadow form a another shop who unfortunately drank the *Proprietary UV* cool aid like a Jonestown cultist   here is the picture of the ad with creative clipping to see what exactly i am looking for and part of the Tattoo set it is to go with as well as what it looks like on my prefured Skinset so you can understand why i dont want change (monetary considerations aside))

61b49e977a768e6a7f6d8f887fe338e1.jpg

07d07fa2cfd5199b5b6f5e8e2849ef30.jpg

Edited by Linnea Evergarden
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

The issue is i bought a Fantasy Tatoo set the designer of it made it to work with a Eye shadow form a another shop who unfortunately drank the *Proprietary UV* cool aid like a Jonestown cultist   here is the picture of the ad with creative clipping to see what exactly i am looking for and part of the Tattoo set it is to go with as well as what it looks like on my prefured Skinset so you can understand why i dont want change (monetary considerations aside))

61b49e977a768e6a7f6d8f887fe338e1.jpg

07d07fa2cfd5199b5b6f5e8e2849ef30.jpg

Maybe message the creator, and politely ask her if there is a possibility to add an SLUV version as well. But I wouldn't call creators making for the Lel EVOX part of a cult, I think they are just going where the money is. Especially if they use SL as a means to pay for their RL bills and stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Maybe message the creator, and politely ask her if there is a possibility to add an SLUV version as well. But I wouldn't call creators making for the Lel EVOX part of a cult, I think they are just going where the money is. Especially if they use SL as a means to pay for their RL bills and stuff. 

I did ask they stared they wont because of a partnership with *Introducer of propritary AO* and i stand by my analogy because it is poison for the compatibility we have enjoyed in Second life until now

Secondly any "advantage" it has is Fiction pure smoke and Mirrors

Edited by Linnea Evergarden