This is one of those peeves that end up making you giggle.

I'm currently reading Old Man's War by John Scalzi: http://scalzi.com/books/omwpreview.html

A little more than half way through the book Scalzi introduces a new character. The character's name is Aimee Weber. https://aimeeweber.com/

I'm peeved I don't know which one of you jokers wrote this book! 😂

If you like Starship Troopers, you'll love this book.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

Peeve: finally started working on a parser to parse from another format (for example, a "Tiny BASIC") to my native JSON format. Realized that the larger problems of recursion, storage, and Linkset Data management had all been solved by my native parser. 

And realized..I can use my parser to parse something like BASIC into its own format. If only I could do that retroactively.

Peeved.

Peeve: Stores that aren't in search places, or websearch, or classifieds, that you have to find by knowing the creator's name and hoping that they have a working link to their current store in their profile. It makes no sense that creators would make it so hard for people to find their stores. I guess maybe it is indicative of the reliance on events these days, that main stores are virtually forgotten.

• Like 1

I swear my inventory is out to get me.  

I have been working for days now to sort through everything and box up stuff I wanna keep (cos hoarder!) but don't really need, and finally got it to just under 195k items.  So I looked at my count today and it was just under 150K and cue freak out, cos there is no way in heck I have gotten rid of over 40k items, and I didn't think my inventory was in need of a cache clear, cos no folders were showing as empty....but I did one anyway.  And now....back to just under 195k items.  

^&*%$#%^ inventory!!!

twitching-smile.gif.0eaa6b58d56097af92dad1e9f214f74d.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I swear my inventory is out to get me.  

I have been working for days now to sort through everything and box up stuff I wanna keep (cos hoarder!) but don't really need, and finally got it to just under 195k items.  So I looked at my count today and it was just under 150K and cue freak out, cos there is no way in heck I have gotten rid of over 40k items, and I didn't think my inventory was in need of a cache clear, cos no folders were showing as empty....but I did one anyway.  And now....back to just under 195k items.  

^&*%$#%^ inventory!!!

twitching-smile.gif.0eaa6b58d56097af92dad1e9f214f74d.gif

Maybe you will see less of this problem when your inventory is smaller!

1 hour ago, Charlie McGregor said:

Peeve - North Americans that don't know SL is international, so use expressions that I have no clue what they mean.

That's not entirely a N. American issue.  I've heard things from English, Australians and various other nationalities that I have no idea what they mean.  

I have these bookmarked for those occasions...

British slang words & phrases | Oxford International English

40 Most Common Australian Slang Terms | YourDictionary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's not entirely a N. American issue.  I've heard things from English, Australians and various other nationalities that I have no idea what they mean.  

For your further illumination:

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~steffan/canadianisms.html

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Odd. I've been thinking the exact same thing about the British authors I've been reading the works of lately.

Blimey, I wouldn't Adam and Eve British chin-wag might appear iffy. Still, nice to have bit of a read when it's brass monkeys outside, eh?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Odd. I've been thinking the exact same thing about the British authors I've been reading the works of lately.

It's especially confusing when the story supposedly takes place in the US with American characters and they toss in the slang.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

No-one EVER understands Australians!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2