8 minutes ago, Vanessa Amethyst said:
46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Heard on news this morning that Nichelle Nichols died (didn't know that's why people posted about her).  Is the entire TOS cast cursed? We know Patrick Stewart will live forever, but he's not TOS cast.

Given that the series was made in the 60's I would say yes they are cursed with the same Curse of Mortality and Age we all will have to contend with at some point.

Yes, this was the "joke" I was making, except Sir Patrick seems immune (yes, he is not TOS).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yeah, this bugs me too.

People have child avatars. For all kinds of personal reasons. 

People who can only see them as sexual are the ones with the problem.

I live and work on a horror sim, and you know, it's almost become twistedly gratifying how my normal, everyday avatar is often the scariest thing on the entire sim. Visitors see me and poof instantly. XD

If I sense someone will be afraid of me, I usually put on a monster avatar, just so they don't get frightened when I approach them.

The irony might stagger me if I ever really stopped to think about it.

I already keep my dolly avatar put away most of the time, just because so many people are phobic of dolls. Sorry, but I'm not canning my kid self, ever, cos it's who I am in SL.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

If I sense someone will be afraid of me, I usually put on a monster avatar, just so they don't get frightened when I approach them.

The irony might stagger me if I ever really stopped to think about it.

I already keep my dolly avatar put away most of the time, just because so many people are phobic of dolls. Sorry, but I'm not canning my kid self, ever, cos it's who I am in SL.

I had a thought along similar lines.. If someone is "disallowed" as a kid avatar, just make yourself hideous and say you're a "Troll" (or Monster)!

Although, some of us ("royal we") were definitely hideous as children.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I had a thought along similar lines.. If someone is "disallowed" as a kid avatar, just make yourself hideous and say you're a "Troll" (or Monster)!

I was butt-ugly. They should be glad my avi doesn't look like the real me at that size.

Never an issue of being totally accepted there though, because I looked like this when they recruited me to work for the sim.

Besides, I scare people, and it's a horror sim. Win/win.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 12:38 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Thank you for explaining that to those in the back. If LL decided that they didn't want anyone to talk about cats - EVER then they have the right to do that and remove any thread or post that mentioned a cat in any way. Now, we don't want that do we?

I could do without cat posts, but I'd rather just ignore that thread than tell other people they can't discuss the cats they love.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I could do without cat posts, but I'd rather just ignore that thread than tell other people they can't discuss the cats they love.

If all of the cat threads ended in fights, it might be different, but yeah, cat threads.

I love cats. I have only one cat post. I'm probably weird or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

*Hugs* you, Love. I don't believe you were a hideous kid. Maybe some other kids were though. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Contrary to, and as a corollary to the old saying, many cats are at least as smart as a post.

Mine used to claw up my heirloom leather jacket. I decided to tell people it was part of my style.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: It's always mentioned that Kirk kissed Uhura. I bet Luke Skywalker would have kissed her, if he wasn't so busy kissing his sister.

What's seldom pointed out is that she kissed him back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2