10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve:  That the forums have yet to add an eyeroll and hug reactions.

If avatars could eyeroll, we'd all be walking around with Googly eyes.

Bonus: There's some nice "googly eyes" GIFs out there, but if you actually Google "Googly Eyes", a pair of Googly Eyes slowly drops down over the "o's" in "Google"!

(For you old folks, yes - I am aware of the song that goes, "Barney Google, with the Goo-Goo-Googly Eyes".)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Peeve: People not knowing the difference between weather and climate.

Most people probably do the fact is they simply Don't care. Most people have More pressing real world day to day things to worry about. The fact is Green Technology is too darn expensive and too darn unreliable to be a viable replacement in the eyes of 90%+ of the population do they simply Don't Care. in fact it's like every other activist cause most people just simply Don't care.

And to be honest with you I can't blame them because I also Don't care.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Pics or it didn't happen! 😋

Lol. Well...I leave almost all of her entire face AO anims on and set to random, but her "anger" anims are my favorite. This is not me talking or anything. That's just the default anger cycle. I like my avatars very animated, apparently.

7fbb5f2431d2d8bc6a6bc90221476fcc.gif

428d8b0dedd63797f7955bd21ba50bb4.gif

469a631351dc417b219342f5a5c59015.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vanessa Amethyst said:

Most people probably do the fact is they simply Don't care. Most people have More pressing real world day to day things to worry about. The fact is Green Technology is too darn expensive and too darn unreliable to be a viable replacement in the eyes of 90%+ of the population do they simply Don't Care. in fact it's like every other activist cause most people just simply Don't care.

Hot enough for ya?

C0E2E745-120B-4C1D-BA18-C70ECE20F900.jpeg.d850d876ed3562b59708819a0a3ab6de.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol. Well...I leave almost all of her entire face AO anims on and set to random, but her "anger" anims are my favorite. This is not me talking or anything. That's just the default anger cycle. I like my avatars very animated, apparently.

7fbb5f2431d2d8bc6a6bc90221476fcc.gif

428d8b0dedd63797f7955bd21ba50bb4.gif

469a631351dc417b219342f5a5c59015.gif

The top one, right at the end, if it had gone a little longer, I swear she would have rolled her eyes. lmao

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: People saying they don't care, not realizing that not caring is the problem! 🙄

Maybe they are conflating ignorance and apathy, and what they really mean is, "I don't know about that"?

Like in the "Alexa for Old People" commercial. (They say, "I don't know about that" a lot in the commercial, when told things they don't know.)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe they are conflating ignorance and apathy, and what they really mean is, "I don't know about that"?

Like in the "Alexa for Old People" commercial. (They say, "I don't know about that" a lot in the commercial, when told things they don't know.)

I don't know about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Was wondering..I had "tongue out / in" classic animations. 

Do classic animations work with mesh heads, etc.?  If not, that stinks if only classic 'body' animations work!

Unfortunately no. And classic hand animations do not work with mesh hands either. Yes, it does stink.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Unfortunately no. And classic hand animations do not work with mesh hands either. Yes, it does stink.

It may stink, but there's a reason (beyond just "we didn't care enough to do that".) The classic hand and face "animations" were actually just morphs. There were a limited number of these morphs and they were built into the classic avatar. They could not be edited or added to. Since they were morphs and not true animations, any attachments did not move with the fingers. This used to cause prim nails to "pop off" when the hand moved into a "holding something" morph.

The animations used with mesh bodies are "real" animations, involving actual movement of the avatar bones and deformation of the rigged mesh model.

So they are two very different systems of "animation."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It may stink, but there's a reason (beyond just "we didn't care enough to do that".) The classic hand and face "animations" were actually just morphs. There were a limited number of these morphs and they were built into the classic avatar. They could not be edited or added to. Since they were morphs and not true animations, any attachments did not move with the fingers. This used to cause prim nails to "pop off" when the hand moved into a "holding something" morph.

The animations used with mesh bodies are "real" animations, involving actual movement of the avatar bones and deformation of the rigged mesh model.

So they are two very different systems of "animation."

Ah, I never understood why. Thanks!

• Like 1

Not my peeve, but a friend of mine just complained to me about her beloved TV show "Ted Lasso" ending after the third season, as intended by the creative team from the start.

She: "I can't believe the idiots that created the series couldn't write another season."
Me: "Yeah, I always thought the same thing about Michelangelo giving David only one p*nis."

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Vanessa Amethyst said:

Sure. Europe is literally on fire, but I get it. Compassion fatigue?

Here's Salisbury Plain burning -- "England's green and pleasant land" had temperatures surpassing 40 C for the first time on the records.

60170897-11005029-On_Salisbury_Plain_in_

Portugal has recorded over 1000 heatwave-related deaths in the last week alone.

This IS a "pressing real world day-to-day" thing. Now. For millions.

I'm genuinely happy to hear that it isn't for you.

Yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1