9 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

It's possible that my peeve about the peeve thread was an over-reaction.  I usually enjoy the nit-picking discourse in the peeve thread and for a long time it was the only thread I followed regularly. In my defense, I had my shingles vaccine shot and it ached fiercely and I probably shouldn't have been sitting at my desk anyway.  I saw 5 pages worth of discussions on accents and I knew that I couldn't possible read it all comfortably so I snarked and shut down my computer.

I'd send you a virtual hug too, but maybe a cookies would be better if you're dealing with shingles.

1439926856_ChristmasCookies.thumb.jpeg.bf9c9b908c8d62670731228f147a7a33.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Related Peeve: So many creators that sell "dresses" that I'd only wear as tops with jeans or leggings.

I realize a short, skimpy dress is easier to rig than one that ends just above the knees, but even in SL I'm not going to wear a "dress" that would show my panties.

I have quite a few "dresses" in my Tops folder.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I saw 5 pages worth of discussions on accents and I knew that I couldn't possible read it all comfortably so I snarked and shut down my computer.

IMO, the entire discussion was worth skipping anyway.

• Like 3

300L is too expensive for clothing textured from the Linden Library.

texturelol.thumb.jpg.142aba874f782f110716241984e74c3c.jpg

Why did I gamble on something with no demos? I needed a particular style to fit the Tweenster body and no other store has anything similar.

You'd think I'd learn by now. 🤦‍♂️ Don't make the same mistake I did. Remember kids: No demo, no buy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I can't RL hug y'all after a thread successfully, satisfyingly concludes!

Not a peeve (on the contrary), but I just received a nice, civil, and quite long in-world message from a certain creator.

I still have questions about his product(s), but it actually is nice to connect, even in an argument, with someone who listens, and doesn't take criticism personally. He seems very likable.

And in that sense, Love, yes . . . successfully concluded.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Spike Jones did~!

Gawwwd, I'm old... T-T

As for non-color-indicative makeup names, yeah, that's glamour for ya. "I should call it something besides orange, orange is a boring name, perhaps... citrus! no...... too common... ah, I've got it! I'll call it RAMPAGE~!"

Spike's version isn't exactly dance music. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not a peeve (on the contrary), but I just received a nice, civil, and quite long in-world message from a certain creator.

I still have questions about his product(s), but it actually is nice to connect, even in an argument, with someone who listens, and doesn't take criticism personally. He seems very likable.

And in that sense, Love, yes . . . successfully concluded.

That's so sweet after you tarnished his name all over the other thread.  Perhaps you could ask to have this post added to the end of the thread. That would be the right thing to do.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

That's so sweet after you tarnished his name all over the other thread.  Perhaps you could ask to have this post added to the end of the thread. That would be the right thing to do.

Not sure you're getting the whole "having a civil conversation" thing, Sam.

I would not be so presumptuous as to publish something he wrote to me in-world on the forums without his permission. In fact, that would be a violation of the ToS. And he doesn't really add much to the substance of the thread -- it's mostly about his interactions with me. But I'll suggest it to him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't play in SL (for which everyone should be eternally grateful), but one of the my first mesh purchases, once it became available, was a blonde Strat that looked like my RL one. Just cuz I love it.

Now, I need someone to make a model of my Dobro, so I can buy that too. And not play it in SL. (Yes, you're welcome.)

Somehow, I never pictured you as the Dobro sort. Yes, there is one in my house. Also, a Strat and a Tele. 😇

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not sure you're getting the whole "having a civil conversation" thing, Sam.

I would not be so presumptuous as to publish something he wrote to me in-world on the forums without his permission. In fact, that would be a violation of the ToS. And he doesn't really add much to the substance of the thread -- it's mostly about his interactions with me. But I'll suggest it to him.

I meant the post from the peeve thread, smiles. But there you go again assuming you know what people are thinking and what their motives are.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How in the hell have I missed seeing that all this time?  I swear that I've looked multiple times.

*sigh*

Thanks

I keep it turned off because I don't want it sent to email. Is there a setting to direct it to PMs or some other notification?

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Somehow, I never pictured you as the Dobro sort. Yes, there is one in my house. Also, a Strat and a Tele. 😇

I don't play it nearly as often as my other guitars, tbh, but it's lovely to have.

What's really hilarious is that it's an Hawaiian guitar, with painted palm trees and an Hawaiian dancer on the back. DEFINITELY not my style, but it was a Xmas present from long ago, and my partner, who bought it for me, didn't want to wait for a custom order to be brought in. I just use it for open tuning songs, and of course slide. Pretty much exclusively old country-style blues, in other words.

I am jealous that you have a Tele! Although were I ever to get another electric, it would be a Gibson, I think. Although I don't have huge hands, and their fretboards seem uncomfortably wide sometimes, that would be fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I meant the post from the peeve thread, smiles. But there you go again assuming you know what people are thinking and what their motives are.

Nope, just didn't read closely enough.

I don't think the mods would go for that -- but there is a reason I posted it here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While those discussing a peeve might not be judging anyone, I'm pretty sure that the ones posting the peeve in the first place are judging others.

Somehow, I really don't care if anyone judges me. I know the truth, they don't. Sucks to be them. 😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I keep it turned off because I don't want it sent to email. Is there a setting to direct it to PMs or some other notification?

On this page -- https://community.secondlife.com/notifications/options/ -- you can set which type of things just go into your Notification List and which you want sent to email.  I don't have any forum stuff except for DMs go to my email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's in the greater Follow Settings (see the screenshots I posted earlier, there's a clickable configuration ink it it).

You can opt to have it sent to E-mail or simply just the Notifications or even Notifications and Push Messages (those'll show up no mater if the board is loaded in your browser or not, plus send notifications through whichever browser app is in use on your phone if you have it set to do so on that device).

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Primary Peeve: When asking those same Peevers direct questions about their Peeve, and consistently getting either "no reply", or "replies that did not quote my question".

To wit:  English-speaking residents of the UK may find it humorous if English-speaking residents of the US avoid using the word "toilet", but English-speaking residents of the UK also use terms such as "loo", "bog", and "WC".  

Secondary Peeve: When you discuss a Peeve for pages but can't convince the Peever to respond to your original and first "best point"!

Terniary Peeve: Letting people be "right", which is good for karma.

Between the toilets, terlits, commodes, johns, loocows, WCs, bog rolling, and what not, I am completely and utterly lost.

Please, don't come looking for me. 🪨

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

A few weeks ago there was a thread that touched a bit on displays at shopping events where gifts are given, and how some merchants intentionally try to deceive shoppers and intentionally take advantage of some folks rushing a bit when things are not fully rezzed. 

I came upon this display today and initially I did mistake what the "gift" was.  It is NOT anything actually related to that Happy Birthday display, but rather the yellow dress down in the lower left.  I could see how someone moving too quickly and not carefully reading the $ amount shown on the Buy window might accidentally buy the product rather than the gift.  Accidentally buying that product will set you back L$400.  I really do not like merchants that do this sort of thing.

image.png.c035ad08743e1eb3892bdfd29866fead.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

It's possible that my peeve about the peeve thread was an over-reaction.  I usually enjoy the nit-picking discourse in the peeve thread and for a long time it was the only thread I followed regularly. In my defense, I had my shingles vaccine shot and it ached fiercely and I probably shouldn't have been sitting at my desk anyway.  I saw 5 pages worth of discussions on accents and I knew that I couldn't possible read it all comfortably so I snarked and shut down my computer.

You need a snark hug.

6607b7abe22cd85ef929bfda61a72461.jpg

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't play it nearly as often as my other guitars, tbh, but it's lovely to have.

What's really hilarious is that it's an Hawaiian guitar, with painted palm trees and an Hawaiian dancer on the back. DEFINITELY not my style, but it was a Xmas present from long ago, and my partner, who bought it for me, didn't want to wait for a custom order to be brought in. I just use it for open tuning songs, and of course slide. Pretty much exclusively old country-style blues, in other words.

I am jealous that you have a Tele! Although were I ever to get another electric, it would be a Gibson, I think. Although I don't have huge hands, and their fretboards seem uncomfortably wide sometimes, that would be fun.

The Tele was a gift. A Fender.

• Like 2