17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Close to barfing at the thought of this - but only because there is no type of lettuce that would taste good with spaghetti, IMO.

BTW -- Do you eat it cold or warm it up?

I roll the spaghetti in the tortilla and warm it up. Then I unroll and add the lettuce and maybe some dressing. It's a handheld spaghetti dinner!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Another factor to maybe consider is the difference between fluid and crystalized intelligence in where the latter increases with age as the fluid intelligence drops after adolescence:

Well, since learning Spanish is seeming to take me twice as long, I'll just study twice as hard!   :)

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Overwhelmedness every time I first go to a major event.  It isn't just lag that made my visit to Fantasy Faire quite short; it's that feeling I get that there's just too much to see and do.  This will pass, I know, but it peeves me that I feel exhausted already.

Well you did your good deed for the day, cuz you reminded me that it was Fantasy Fair time and look at this gorgeous skin I got!image.thumb.png.1e9d45c5ad76df9eeab8b8831c1f3b5b.png

• Like 5

Pet Peeve:     Rezzing a combo object [at TFC] expecting it to be a few items,  including the game [of which it's called].....   The item you are looking for....

....   only to rez an entire house full of furniture, decor and landscaping from 5 years ago!

So THAT's where that desk went!!!!  😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I really dislike motivational posters. A lot.  Someone who doesn't know me or my story oversimplifies life into a seagull over the ocean photo and a "soar to new heights with a positive attitude" message.  The demotivational posters are much more accurate.

You've never heard of Jonathon Livingston Seagull?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I really dislike motivational posters. A lot.  Someone who doesn't know me or my story oversimplifies life into a seagull over the ocean photo and a "soar to new heights with a positive attitude" message.  The demotivational posters are much more accurate.

https://despair.com/

My favorite is...
meetingsdemotivator.jpeg?v=1554328548

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You've never heard of Jonathon Livingston Seagull?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull

My mom thought it would be super fun to read that story to my brother and me when we were 10 or so.  Needless to say, we did not understand it at all much to my hippie mom's horror.  We laughed at how dumb that seagull was to continually smash into to ocean at a high rate of speed over and over again or fly like a maniac through the morning breakfast flock.

You understand it differently as an adult, but I will never forget the first time it was read to me.

• Sad 1

@Silent Mistwalker I hope you don't get that post too wrong.  I've read the book several times at different ages of my life.  I loved Jonathon's rebel attitude and breaking the tedium of life when I read it as a teen and pushing the limits.  As an adult reading it, I enjoyed entertaining the idea of learning lessons in this life that you then build on and carry over into your next level of existence.  It is a wonderful story, but a cold reading to a 10-year-old may not get you the deep, meaningful reaction an adult might get from it.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

@Silent Mistwalker I hope you don't get that post too wrong.  I've read the book several times at different ages of my life.  I loved Jonathon's rebel attitude and breaking the tedium of life when I read it as a teen and pushing the limits.  As an adult reading it, I enjoyed entertaining the idea of learning lessons in this life that you then build on and carry over into your next level of existence.  It is a wonderful story, but a cold reading to a 10-year-old may not get you the deep, meaningful reaction an adult might get from it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. JLS wasn't meant for children.

Shup Orwar. 😋

Edited by Silent Mistwalker