Pink Hidden Forum Reply - Why Does Second Life Forum Hide and How To Fix?

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Just offhand, how many alienated monsters do you imagine that the moderators have created?  I know you don't feel like one.  You have said as much. There's a lot of difference between being "irritated" by a pink message and being transformed into a monster.  ;) 

With access to reporting I could get estimates. If there is no reporting I would have to build them based on moderation intervention and user behaviors including inworld time spend, spending trends before and after intervention. 

Not only should I be able to tell you how many I should beable to tell you the economic damage that has happened as a result. 

I think the support team is great and assume moderation is similar but maybe lacking ability to go above and beyond because of management? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paulsian said:

With access to reporting I could get estimates. If there is no reporting I would have to build them based on moderation intervention and user behaviors including inworld time spend, spending trends before and after intervention. 

Not only should I be able to tell you how many I should beable to tell you the economic damage that has happened as a result. 

So, guesswork, right?  Without data, we're free to imagine all sorts of scenarios.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

From getting a pink hidden message? - which btw mine were approved less than 6 hours later, including the banned words. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

From getting a pink hidden message? - which btw mine were approved less than 6 hours later, including the banned words. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Only PINK messages. If they were any other color, this specific research would not be possible.

I read that Mauve has the most RAM.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I think the support team is great and assume moderation is similar but maybe lacking ability to go above and beyond because of management? 

I've had a handful of posts hidden.  I've had numerous post deleted by the mods.  I've had several messages from mods basically telling me.to behave.  I've had 3 warnings with no points or bans.  I'm still here!  I'm still inworld and spending Ls.  

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've had a handful of posts hidden.  I've had numerous post deleted by the mods.  I've had several messages from mods basically telling me.to behave.  I've had 3 warnings with no points or bans.  I'm still here!  I'm still inworld and spending Ls.  

I've had 2 warnings, no points, and 1 3-day ban (all over 2 years ago).  Still here, still queer, get used to it!

• Haha 1

I really hate pink, but I never got a pink message from LL, so I probably would not hang myself if I did.

When I got a ridiculous 36 hr ban from SL and my LL web account  for helping in the technical forum here, my first reaction was to cash in all my lindens to dollars to paypal when it was lifted.  You never know when helping in a web forum might cause them to ban you by IP, and keep your lindens.

My first reaction was, they are out to get me, and since their TOS allows any action for no reason at all, I better cash in.  I calmed down after a few days though.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

I don't think I ever seen one of those Pink things and probably because I'm on dark theme, plus to double dark things up, I have dark reader too..

So I think I am double protected from the pink things, whatever they are! \o/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I've never seen a pink post either.  Seems unpossible that I didn't trip anything ever if most folks have but there you go.  It's possible I didn't notice I suppose.

I had 5 in the space of 20 minutes a couple of days ago.

It's because mythical Greek monsters are subject to systemic discrimination (while vampires apparently aren't!).

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just realized - if there is no "notification" message when a post is hidden, and I don't go back and look at my posts, there's actually no way to know if posts are getting hidden! 

Echoing and amplifying the likelihood that for me, these are "not pink" because "I use dark mode".

It's Hidden the moment you hit the Submit Reply button so you'd see it immediately.  Each time it's happened to me, I've read through the post and couldn't honestly see what the issue was AND all of those posts were eventually UNhidden exactly as I typed them with no edits by mods.

As others have  mentioned, there is not always a rhythm or reason way so not sure what the big deal is for the OP.   I know quite a few of his threads have been locked and cleaned out over the past couple of years so maybe he's gun shy?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 2

I was playing with the amateur radio board and inserted some "bad" words. I used a few words like "peas" since everyone hates those, Meta, Yugo (anyone remember those cars?) and game.  Was fun seeing some of the posts fall into the "approval queue" and telling those I was testing a feature. Someone said "Yugo? Why? Why am I getting pinked for that?" :D Only a test.

I wonder if approval queue could be done in world?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.