How to report sex ag* play

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Kind of agree. Now it means any woman who speaks up. 

And I disagree with that. I think the intent was to point out that people in the forum, and elsewhere, are leery of Karen-type behavior as so much of it is going on in RL. Plenty of women speak out in RL and they are not Karen types...but there are way too many Karens out there. Anyway, in here, in this forum, I think most are just concerned about whether or not there is or was a valid reason for sending in an AR. Based on your additional information, I think there was. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

And I disagree with that. I think the intent was to point out that people in the forum, and elsewhere, are leery of Karen-type behavior as so much of it is going on in RL. Plenty of women speak out in RL and they are not Karen types

As long as they agree with you.

This is off topic but i think the term Karen is pretty sexist at this point. As someone else pointed out it's been co-opted to shut women down in a lot of discussions lately. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I can't even remember the last time I used those tools, maybe 2007.. So I have no idea where anything is and I don't even know if that was in there yet back then.. hehehe

I have sent in ARs SOooo many times..finally got so I was fairly good at it. That was when I was sailing regularly and, all too often, seeing tons of griefer boxes filling the skies, blocking waterways, generally making a mess of everything. Grrrrrr. But I have never sent in an AR about individuals and I would be hesitant to do it. It would have to be pretty bad..I mean REAL bad. And then I would come here and mention it and get sliced and diced. Oh, don't tell me you guys wouldn't...it's ME, remember ME?   😇

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is off topic but i think the term Karen is pretty sexist at this point. As someone else pointed out it's been co-opted to shut women down in a lot of discussions lately. 

Granted, one must walk across the coals and survive in this place..I know all about that, oh yeah! But stick with it, Ingrid. 

And for what it's worth, there are plenty of male Karens out there..we should give them a name, too. Ken? Karens usually just carry a phone, Kens often carry a bat or a gun. What a world.

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I have sent in ARs SOooo many times..finally got so I was fairly good at it. That was when I was sailing regularly and, all too often, seeing tons of griefer boxes filling the skies, blocking waterways, generally making a mess of everything. Grrrrrr. But I have never sent in an AR about individuals and I would be hesitant to do it. It would have to be pretty bad..I mean REAL bad. And then I would come here and mention it and get sliced and diced. Oh, don't tell you guys wouldn't...it's ME, remember ME?   😇

I think I've only AR'd a couple of people, but heck if I can remember.. It may have been a couple more..

It's getting to the point that being here so long, it's hard to remember way back..That or I'm trying not to remember way back.. There was a lot of cringe worthy things back then. hehehe

• Like 1

I'd guess I'd say just report it and move on.

FWIW - I sometimes think that people don't even think about these types of things being "*****" They see a cute avatar that they can actually buy here and wear it.  I imagine though that the disclaimer that she is 18+ gives some idea that she knows she looks young. All we know is it was a teen "looking" avatar trying out adult furniture in a store. If that were me I would just pass it by unless they were naked or emoting in local and it was already said they weren't talking in local. 

BUT it's not for us to decide. That is what the AR system is for.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yesterday I was at a store in sl and was dissapointed to see this happening. I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

Anyone know what you need to do to report this? I guess pictures and any text exchanges? Is that enough? Not sure what to do in cases like this and I've been seeing it more lately. 

Only you can decide what you want to do with this. Do you have proof? Did you snap a pic? If not I'd say you intend to do nothing at all. 

Maybe others have already reported this. We don't know. You don't know and none of us will ever know if it was reported what if any actions LL's ever take. The TOS explains pretty well the actions to take.

13 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yesterday I was at a store in sl and was dissapointed to see this happening. I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

Anyone know what you need to do to report this? I guess pictures and any text exchanges? Is that enough? Not sure what to do in cases like this and I've been seeing it more lately. 

I've seen this sort of child avatar, complete with the profile "disclaimer", in sex sims. Instant AR, let LL work it out. They should not be using adult furniture, or be around adult activity, with a child like avatar. I will AR including a picture of the avatar / what they are doing at the time. 

Disappointingly, on one occasion I also reported one of these avatars to a venue owner and they refused to do anything because it was a "borderline case". The avatar looked no older than about 11. I know some adult sims really crack down on avatars having a teen appearance, this was not one of them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

God forbid you make a thread about sex age@ play here apparently. The forums sacred cow. Do not speak of it. Pretty f-ed up. 

There is not much to speak about IMHO.
You saw an avatar that you found looking under age, doing the boom boom on a shops furniture.
We did not see a thing, so we can't report it. You saw it, you can put together an AR if you think it should be AR'ed.
Do it or don't, it is up to you, not us.

There is de facto nothing to discuss here.
What you witnessed is either against the TOS of SL or not.
That is what the employees of The Lab have to decide after you send in a report, not us.

Of course I'm (and all of us are) against child abuse, but I have no clue if that happened in that said store. I wasn't there, did not witness it. Neither was anyone of us. So it will have to be your decision to move on with writing an AR or not.

It is no sacred cow. It's more beating a dead horse IMHO.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is pretty offensive. I'm not a Karen for wanting to know how to report something that is clearly  against the TOS. I've reported racist, transphobic and homophobic remarks/objects too, does that make me a Karen?

If you were that upset, you would have made an AR and moved on.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

If you were that upset, you would have made an AR and moved on.

What are you talking about? I'm not "upset". I was asking how to report something that is against the TOS in sl, under a particular set of circumstances. 

Sounds like you're more upset than I am by far. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Incredible how people get their panties in a wad when they virtual poseballing is threatened. 

• Like 1

So everyone who doesn't posts according to your liking, wish, or espectation have to hold their tongue?

You give your opinions, I give mine.
You quote my posts, I respond.
You come up multiple times with an argument, so do I.
That is how forums suppose to work. Like it or not.

You try to trigger a discussion that is not there IMHO.
File an AR or don't. There are no other options in this case.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The one and only thing I question about this entire thread is that someone who has been in SL for 18 years doesn't know or understand the Report function.  Even if a person has never used it themselves, they've certainly heard about it.   When you open the Report function, it's fairly self explanatory.  In fact, one would do better just to read the knowledge base post on how to file a report that Quartz Mole already posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Granted, one must walk across the coals and survive in this place..I know all about that, oh yeah! But stick with it, Ingrid. 

And for what it's worth, there are plenty of male Karens out there..we should give them a name, too. Ken? Karens usually just carry a phone, Kens often carry a bat or a gun. What a world.

I have a name for the male "Karens" in first life.  I call them Richard, as in don't be such a *ick.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The one and only thing I question about this entire thread is that someone who has been in SL for 18 years doesn't know or understand the Report function.  

Did you even read my original post? I had a few questions about ARing in a particular circumstance. Here let me repost it for you:

I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

The one question I am left with, is why are some of you so incredibly worried about this thread? If you're not participating in adult activities with underage looking avatars, then you have no reason to be. And if you do, take it up with LL.

And Sid, the thing about a public forum, is that people will post what they'd like to as long as it's within the forum guidelines. Why you're so upset about this thread is anyone's guess, but you can easily avoid it and you continue to participate. 

Seriously, put me on ignore you ninnies and quit spazzing out. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?

You've been getting answers to this question and all it infers.  That's what forums are for.  Opinions vary.  That's how forums work.  That question can only elicit OPINION while the question in the thread TITLE  is easily found in the knowledge base.

Edited by Rowan Amore
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

You've been getting answers to this question and all it infers.  That's what forums are for.  Opinions vary.  That's how forums work.  That question can only illicit OPINION while the question in the thread TITLE  is easily found in the knowledge base.

Yeah, a few people have shared their informed opinions, which is what I was looking for. Now was that so bad? 

But don't let that stop you, by all means continue the weird pile-on. 

• Confused 1

I wish the OP had clearly stated IN the OP that the avatar in question was doing sexual things in public in a store. As the OP was written, my hackles went up a bit because all that was described was a "young" looking avatar being out and about. For once I decided to read the whole thread (or close to it) before responding. Oh. More information later. OK. Then, I don't understand the question of the OP. If you know it is a AR-able thing, you just... AR it. Was the the question about what button to push? (That was also answered.)

As far as pushing buttons go, as the OP was written it was sure to get a lot of folks going.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

As far as pushing buttons go, as the OP was written it was sure to get a lot of folks going.

It's not my problem that some people have reading comprehension problems. Many people understood perfectly by reading the title and my first post. 

I've obviously just become the forum whipping boy by bringing up anything related to sex @geplay and the fact that it's against the TOS. I won't speculate as to why. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.