Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Based on that second pic the torso and hips are (by default) wayyyy to short and legs too long, but we'll see about adjustments. The tops of the shoulders (clavicle) are also too high .. look at your shoulders in a mirror, they slope slightly down so that the top of your shoulder is roughly even with the bottom of your jugular V of your neck.

That fourth pic ... "It's a Classic" looks better in terms of shoulder, though.

The shoulders depend on posture as well. You have more of a slope with a slight slouch than with a straight back. Same goes for clavicle. Mine is pretty straight(and high for that matter) with a straight back.

Torso lengths are often too short on SL, but as irl those with larger breasts will often have a shorter distance from the breast to the navel thanks to gravity. Super short torsos are stupidly obvious though, but nothing takes the cake like t-rex arms or legs twice the length of your torso imo.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

If there’s a discount for people that already own one of the Belleza bodies, I’m in 100%. I bought eBody because of the discount and just held off on wearing it full time until I had enough shoes. I'm glad I did, because they only offered it at the event it premiered at.

That worked out well for me. I’ll probably do it again.

24 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

If there’s a discount for people that already own one of the Belleza bodies, I’m in 100%. I bought eBody because of the discount and just held off on wearing it full time until I had enough shoes. 

That worked out well for me. I’ll probably do it again.

Good to know, I own at least one Belleza body, whatever the skinniest one is called (I can't keep Isis and Freya straight in my head).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

[snip]

I just wish skin makers would include a 'no genital' version of their skins. Velour does - but NOT for Belleza for all tones. Half of their Belleza tones are either missing it, or have the wrong tone included (even if you buy the fatpack). And they don't respond when you send them notes about it...

So I still have to make sure that when clothed, I'm wearing something that covers the 'bad UV map texture stretching' issue...

Have you tried using a tattoo layer to hide the genital area? There might be a free modesty layer or some such on MP.

On one hand, that new body looks amazing and I really love how Belezza creates their shapes. Freya has been a big favourite of mine ever since I got it. But the oversaturation of mesh bodies on the market makes it such a hard sell. Freya is dwindling so speedily in clothes store, I can't even find Belezza fitting shoes anymore, other bodies are almost non-existent. My Slink body has been in the wardrobe for a long time, too. It's either throw out your entire wardrobe and buy the new body or stick to old stuff and hope you can still find clothes. This is sad :(

Still, I'm kind of excited to demo the new body and see what it's like. Hoping that they might offer a discount if you already own their body of another line.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The Belleza sim is closed, your landmark for that is going to be good. They're setting the sim up for a fair of all the new goodies from other shops.

I heard something about the bodies being at a couple of events when it gets released.. I can't remember if it was in the forums or where that I heard it..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I heard something about the bodies being at a couple of events when it gets released.. I can't remember if it was in the forums or where that I heard it..

You might be thinking about Prima dropping at Fameshed and Kinky. As far as I know, the new Belleza is only going to be available at the Gen.X Event.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

You might be thinking about Prima dropping at Fameshed and Kinky. As far as I know, the new Belleza is only going to be available at the Gen.X Event.

That might be it, I can't even really remember too well on it.. it could have just been hearsay in a group also..

It really didn't make sense to me but thought i would put it out there  to see.. hehehehe

It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow.. hehehe

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow.. hehehe

It may just be because the bloggers showcasing the body are all shaped according to the trendy shapes, but I'm thinking even the Classic is going to be a little too hippy for my taste. I'm going to dip in and grab a demo, tho. I do like how natural the waist looks.

I was (again) trying against hope to make the Ebody Reborn work for me, and even if you manage to mash down the butt, any attempt to add to that extreme nipped-in waist gives you some weird lumps via the Saddle Bags/Love Handles sliders.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It may just be because the bloggers showcasing the body are all shaped according to the trendy shapes, but I'm thinking even the Classic is going to be a little too hippy for my taste. I'm going to dip in and grab a demo, tho. I do like how natural the waist looks.

I was (again) trying against hope to make the Ebody Reborn work for me, and even if you manage to mash down the butt, any attempt to add to that extreme nipped-in waist gives you some weird lumps via the Saddle Bags/Love Handles sliders.

Ya I'm gonna get the demos for sure plus if it's not like walking through molasses I'm gonna see what all else is there for them..I want to see what the other creators have ready..

I'll probably stop over at famshed to and see if there is anything that I can wear for the prima body yet.. Because the pickings are slim to none right now.. The only things I've got so far is an updated bikini from L.I.C. and an old fur coat that I found in my inventory that fits because it's just thick .. hehehe otherwise that's all i have to wear with that one..

As far as your reborn.

Have you demoed the V-Bento for reborn to test the deformers in their hud?  If not you should  give it a try.. They seemed to work for me, where all the other deformers I've tried just really messed with other things too much on the body..

I'm finally wearing mine around.. I had it shelved because I just couldn't get that butt where I wanted it without throwing other things out of whack.. I've been wearing mine again since the day they put the reborn version out..

On 9/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, Sissi Slacker said:

Probably a hot take, but I feel like releasing two versions of the body is a mistake. Slim versions always get less support - I've already seen some releases for Belleza X Curvy only, and the bodies aren't even out yet. What's the point then if it's most likely going to be abandoned like Isis/Venus?

Curvy mesh body market is already so oversaturated. I'd rather have a body with versatile sliders (like Legacy but not Legacy lol) than another curvy one that can't be slimmed down and a slim one nobody makes clothes for.

You mean like Kalhene Erika?

• Like 3

Wonder if designers will drop support for any other bodies to rig for Belleza X instead? I can't see them all continuing to support Maitreya, Legacy and Perky, Kupra and Reborn as well as 2 new bodies from Belleza. I reckon Prima will be left out in the cold by most designers too. A fair few designers have moved to selling items by body size, so they may by now have an idea of what bodies are worth rigging for.

I am keen to demo the curvy body because I loved Freya when people still made clothes for it, but I don't see that many of my favourite designers in the event. I am hoping for an initial discount on the body on release, but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Wonder if designers will drop support for any other bodies to rig for Belleza X instead? I can't see them all continuing to support Maitreya, Legacy and Perky, Kupra and Reborn as well as 2 new bodies from Belleza. I reckon Prima will be left out in the cold by most designers too. A fair few designers have moved to selling items by body size, so they may by now have an idea of what bodies are worth rigging for.

I am keen to demo the curvy body because I loved Freya when people still made clothes for it, but I don't see that many of my favourite designers in the event. I am hoping for an initial discount on the body on release, but not holding my breath.

here is another look at the curvy version that will be out tomorrow..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grazia-horwitz/52393549530/in/pool-belleza/

5 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

I wonder that too, inevitably someone is going to get dropped I think.

The market is definitely oversaturated, I can't imagine how much work some people are taking on by rigging for all the bodies they currently do...

• Like 1

It's a little weird to see why creators don't sell each rigged set separately, that'd give them some proper numbers on which ones are worth continuing.

I do expect Belleza to be successful due to brand recognition, plus the moddability will ensure they have at least a niche market. Prima... I doubt it. As for if any bodies all out of style? Well, Legacy is the second most popular, but it hasn't been updated in over a year now, and at one point Freya used to be the second most popular. Kupra I've not seen much but I do believe that look is too popular right now for that body to be the one that gets sidelined. Reborn... that'd be my guess, if any at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

It's a little weird to see why creators don't sell each rigged set separately, that'd give them some proper numbers on which ones are worth continuing.

I do expect Belleza to be successful due to brand recognition, plus the moddability will ensure they have at least a niche market. Prima... I doubt it. As for if any bodies all out of style? Well, Legacy is the second most popular, but it hasn't been updated in over a year now, and at one point Freya used to be the second most popular. Kupra I've not seen much but I do believe that look is too popular right now for that body to be the one that gets sidelined. Reborn... that'd be my guess, if any at all.

Whereas it'd help with determining whats what, i'm glad they don't do this because i'd probably never buy anything again.

On second thought. Do it. Definitely do it. Save me lots of money.

(But in all honesty, i'd rather not buy an item twice at full price just to wear it on 2 bodies).

Edited by CalypsoJewel

21 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I wonder that too, inevitably someone is going to get dropped I think.

The market is definitely oversaturated, I can't imagine how much work some people are taking on by rigging for all the bodies they currently do...

I will go out on a limb here and say if this new body is still being talked about a month or so from now, I will be surprised. There's definitely market saturation and at this point its just another 'oh look something new/shiny' for people to glob on to-and they will. But how successful this body will be remains to be seen..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.