Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Let's say that's true - that it's a reasonable amount of money to ask for the work that they did.

Now tell me, why should I pay it? Who asked for this? What can I do with this that I can't do just about as well with something that costs less, or indeed, that I already have?

Some people will because it's new and novel, and those things are exciting. Some people will because it corrects the imperfections in their extant bodies - like the awkward armpit/shoulder in Maitreya - or gives the exact silhouette they're looking for. Some people will because they liked the previous iteration and know that support for Freya will certainly drop off after this as clothing makers can only rig for a certain amount of bodies. Some people are brand loyal. That's why the people who adopt this will. Also, it's just a good body with a nice shape for a certain percentage of the grid's tastes. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Now tell me, why should I pay it? Who asked for this? What can I do with this that I can't do just about as well with something that costs less, or indeed, that I already have?

Depends on who you are.  I can see what you're saying if you've already got a few different bodies, including a mod one.  There's a lot of folks who don't, though.  I just glanced at Belleza's Discord, and the posts seem to be from two types of customers: 1.folks who are body aficionadoes, and 2. folks who haven't changed since their original Lara or Freya.  For me, I'm a little tired of Lara's mesh, so the fact that Classic is curvy without having to be completely zaftig is attractive, and the professionalism of the introduction says to me that clothes will be available.

Belleza's record on updates, and the few notable problems mentioned here, are negatives that, if I already had a curvy body, might put me off.  Definitely they put me in the "wait and see" camp.

I'm really puzzled by them not fixing the hand animation issue - it shouldn't be that hard to do, and it's been a huge problem for the type of customer who just wants to use the body out of the box (which is to say, most of SL).

• Like 1

I was excited for the new Belleza body because i'm still wondering to buy or not Legacy. I did comparison with my Maitreya and there are some nice things about this body but also some imperfections for that prize...well still makes me think that I should choose Legacy. Actually the only reason I didn't take Legacy is the complexity. Belleza will be well supported, I'm sure but is it good enough? 

On the pics I'm wearing my shape for Maitreya and skin from Glam Affair.

Added Legacy, so this is the result.

LegacyMaitreyaBelleza.jpg

LegacyMaitreyaBelleza2.jpg

Edited by HelenaNavy92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You'd think they'd learn from Session (The V) instead of from ASA (The P)...

My new guess is the reason for this choice is because it became the standard.

I understand there actually is a 'genital bone' in the rigging but something is wrong with it so it never got used.

The problem, if my guess is correct, faced now is all the animations out there use the tail bone, so if you release one that uses something different people will be complaining that none of their bento sex-beds work.

That's a guess though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

I was excited for the new Belleza body because i'm still wondering to buy or not Legacy. I did comparison with my Maitreya and there are some nice things about this body but also some imperfections for that prize...well still makes me think that I should choose Legacy. Actually the only reason I didn't take Legacy is the complexity. Belleza will be well supported, I'm sure but is it good enough? 

Every body will need slightly different shape dials.

I think there is a lot of promise in the new Belleza.

As long as they don't break their promise to make it mod and put out the light version then it will be the best choice.

One of the biggest advantages Belleza has is that the shape dials are extremely responsive.

The pics I did yesterday look almost like Classic, but they were done with Curvy.

"Classic" is actually mostly Freya, but with a fixed neck, fuller bosom, and built in fully functional genital region.

Your choices should be between Maitreya because of it's long history of support or Belleza because it's got all the feature a 'future proof' body should have. BUT that's only if they honor their promise to put out the light version in a "soon" update. With "soon" on real people time and not Belleza-time...

Legacy should never be a choice.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It's a blessing for anyone who does adult activity in SL. The built in fully functional genital region was for me almost worth the price all by itself.

The other fixes to various parts of the body add a lot of value also.

For me... it only becomes worth keeping if they honor their promise to put out the Mod version and the Light versions "soon".

But there are a lot of things in there that a lot of us actually HAVE been asking for for years.

I started asking for a fully functional built in genital area on a female 3D model in 1999 over in Poser. I've been yelling that into the wind ever since, and somebody finally heard me.

I still remember Poser's original response: that there's nothing visible to see down there on women so it doesn't need to modeled anyway. I guess in 1999 I encountered my first Incel... O.o

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can pay 5500 for it, but I will not pay and put it on a shelf.

So I am curious to see if the support keep up after this event.

I will also see if they really release the "lighter" version and the mod version.

If they don't do it, I have not wasted any money for a promise.

If the region is packed full, does not mean that all are buying. I bet most of them does not know they can get the demo other places.

I would really want Maitreya to make an update. Screw that some clothes will not fit the new one, it will still be many things that fit. Tops with spaghetti straps are replacable. No one is forced to update to the new body. Keep using the old.

So I am 100% sure I will not be buying the Belleza thin body now. I am not even going to demo the curvy one. The thick trend is not for me. Small boobs and skinny body, that's me. What I buy in the future is in the future.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Never had a problem engaging in any adult activities regardless.of whether I had an attached V or not.  It certainly wouldn't be a reason to buy a new body IMO.

Those things can be what turns people away from a body.  Do everything else right and throw somethign that can only do what feels like a flat paint job on a shined up body and yea.. hehehe

I'm glad  Belleza took the time to do it right.. It's not something sticking out like a sore thumb that is just screwing up the area.. there are jewelry made for it already and some skin addons and decent textures in the hud.. They also went pretty detail as well..

The one on the Prima, I hate to keep saying things about that body in a negative way, but it was just poorly done and really unworkable addition to that body. It overtakes that whole region of the body.

When you go to hide it, the area doesn't mesh well with any of the skins I've tried.. Ask if there are any skins made for it and you get told, it's bom so any bom skins should work with the body.

As far as i know there are none made for it.. So that's gonna be something that's gonna be a deal breaker for some.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Those things can be what turns people away from a body.  Do everything else right and throw somethign that can only do what feels like a flat paint job on a shined up body and yea.. hehehe

I'm glad  Belleza took the time to do it right.. It's not something sticking out like a sore thumb that is just screwing up the area.. there are jewelry made for it already and some skin addons and decent textures in the hud.. They also went pretty detail as well..

The one on the Prima, I hate to keep saying things about that body in a negative way, but it was just poorly done and really unworkable addition to that body. It overtakes that whole region of the body.

When you go to hide it, the area doesn't mesh well with any of the skins I've tried.. Ask if there are any skins made for it and you get told, it's bom so any bom skins should work with the body.

As far as i know there are none made for it.. So that's gonna be something that's gonna be a deal breaker for some.

I'd prefer a well done skin detailed in that area rather than an add on.  Aside from a close up picture, I don't really see the big deal with add on Vs.  

I distinctly remember some man telling me when I was brand new, if I wanted to have sex in SL I had better buy a V.  IMHO, more men think it's a necessity than women when slex is involved.  YMMV

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'd prefer a well done skin detailed in that area rather than an add on.  Aside from a close up picture, I don't really see the big deal with add on Vs.  

I distinctly remember some man telling me when I was brand new, if I wanted to have sex in SL I had better buy a V.  IMHO, more men think it's a necessity than women when slex is involved.  YMMV

I agree and one of the things i was concerned about with the Belleza's having one on their body.. So far I haven't liked the built in ones..Really I only use the V Bento for the way it deforms the reborn body. For me that changed that body for me..

But yea, I'd much rather have that area where is wears skin well rather than just another thing we have to trouble shoot and work around.. having to get a 3rd party version we can at least choose..

The Belleza one seems to work well with others so far.. I'm looking at the prim as, I paid 2k for a heck of a lot of deformers.. I walked away with something I guess. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I agree and one of the things i was concerned about with the Belleza's having one on their body.. So far I haven't liked the built in ones..Really I only use the V Bento for the way it deforms the reborn body. For me that changed that body for me..

But yea, I'd much rather have that area where is wears skin well rather than just another thing we have to trouble shoot and work around.. having to get a 3rd party version we can at least choose..

The Belleza one seems to work well with others so far.. I'm looking at the prim as, I paid 2k for a heck of a lot of deformers.. I walked away with something I guess. hehehehe

tokyo-gore-police-alligator-girl.gif

• Haha 5

I think I found something that might be a problem..

I checked reborn with materials on and checked from the lowest level all the way to jacked up..

This is reborn with materials all the way jacked up and  the head's set off..

52400261776_19b0bbc071_h.jpg

This is GEN X Materials on it's lowest setting before being all the way turned down..

52400690230_7c4aba0e7f_h.jpg

I can toy with the gloss tint in the color pallete, but still not able to line the body up with the lelutka materials in any way..

The gloss looks more like a coating that gets switched on that covers the body rather than feeling like materials was just turned on.. It has a very ashy look to it..

My thinking is, People are going to be in the head  or body groups trying to figure this  out, because you know how much people go on about the neck seam line..

I would think it would be something they could fix in an update  by chilling a little more in the neck area or  something.. it really just feels like a whole other layer than materials really..

Maybe I missed a switch to turn off or on or something, but it's definitely something that is going to be  keeping Mods in groups busy.. hehehe

Like i said, maybe it's me and I'm just not flipping a switch or something, maybe one of you guys know better and can just say turn this off or on.. hehehe

Or  Maybe it's them and it's time for revolution!! \o/

hehehehe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Never had a problem engaging in any adult activities regardless.of whether I had an attached V or not.  It certainly wouldn't be a reason to buy a new body IMO.

Sure, I can engage in adult activity wearing an avatar that is just a prim. Everyone has their thing after all.

Or I could use a 2003 system avatar.

But neither of those choices is very visually appealing. And if doing adult art, I'm going to want things to have the right shape to them. Merely poking a cone prim through a wall doesn't visually resemble an intimate act...

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

52400690230_7c4aba0e7f_h.jpg

I would think it would be something they could fix in an update  by chilling a little more in the neck area or  something.. it really just feels like a whole other layer than materials really..

I had that issue for a few seconds until I tuned down the materials to match how I had them in my EvoX head.

That said, once I have a Mod copy of the body I will just type in the exact numbers I want.

Once I have an 'applier developer kit' I can script up a materials applier with those very numbers.

It's a super easy issue to self-repair.

And if that kit does come out, anyone could make a free applier that does it.

Even for Belleza V6 I use a script to do this. I have a prim on a platform on a skybox and I take any alt up there and just click it and it applies the right materials to the body and all the addons I had to wear with V6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I had that issue for a few seconds until I tuned down the materials to match how I had them in my EvoX head.

That said, once I have a Mod copy of the body I will just type in the exact numbers I want.

Once I have an 'applier developer kit' I can script up a materials applier with those very numbers.

It's a super easy issue to self-repair.

That's the thing, I couldn't find a match without still having a pretty noticeable seam line .. I think it's going to be harder for us that use the darker tones to achieve that camouflage..

The image i posted is right before the gloss slider on the body hud is turned all the way down.. that's the lowest setting.

the highest , it goes away more on the neck  but the spots that do show are like looking into flashlights and the body is  lit up on supergloss.

There is just a different texturing like orange peel'ish that carries all the way up in the neck that feels like it could be smoothed out in the neck more, to where it doesn't come to a such sudden stop at the seam.. there is something that as soon as you touch the gloss slider, covers the entire body, which really doesn't happen on my other bodies..

I'm gonna toy around with it more.

I also noticed, i don't even have to have the materials switch turned on.. I'm really not even sure it works, because I can adjust them even without it on.. hehehehe

ETA: I'll be waiting for the MOD update and  gonna have to find out how to do that to the body..

Materials is important for pictures and the beach.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

38 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Sure, I can engage in adult activity wearing an avatar that is just a prim. Everyone has their thing after all.

Or I could use a 2003 system avatar.

But neither of those choices is very visually appealing. And if doing adult art, I'm going to want things to have the right shape to them. Merely poking a cone prim through a wall doesn't visually resemble an intimate act...

My point being, I don't cam in close to my genital area when engaging in any adult activities in SL.    What's going on between the avatars, to me, is secondary to what is being emoted/said.  Different strokes...

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My point being, I don't cam in close to my genital area when engaging in any adult activities in SL.    What's going on between the avatars, to me, is secondary to what is being emoted/said.  Different strokes...

The same basic analysis then applies to why bother with an avatar that has toes or fingers or eyes that can blink, lips that can open and close.

Wouldn't it just be better to have a well painted skin for these?

For any detailed SL art / photography, I personally want a detailed 3D model to use in the image. Even outside of intimate moments, if I my avatar is unclothed, I don't want to see high detail fingers, toes and so on and then have the anatomy in the torso just painted on - the result to me is visually weird.

Intimate moments are then a whole other topic. I close the chat bar. If I want erotica I can get better elsewhere. That's a whole other topic though.

For the avatar itself, if I want to create quality art, I don't want major parts of the body just painted on.

My expectations for this body were a LOT lower than what I got. I did not expect the genital region to be fully detailed even internally, nor for it to be bento and thus poseable. There are other things that worked out above my expectations - but that's just the one in this part of our discussion.

There are a few things I did not like, and they are stating all of those things are to be updated soon - so if that does pan out, I will end up seeing it as a very good purchase, and then budget it in for key alts.

If not, I already see it as the best body I own. It's NOT as useful to me as Belleza V6 with the mods I made to that however. But once they make it Mod it will be as I will copy those tweaks over.

1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Curious if anyone else is having problems with the static pose on the GenX HUD?

My avatar glides and bounces around when I use it. I even tried turning off my AO but no luck

Mine floats.. hehehe

I'll be looking at something and the longer i look the more it seems to move..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.