How big is your block list?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Like, that sometimes they have interesting opinions and valid suggestions.  Just because we don't share politics, and they act as a troll, doesn't mean they do not make valid contributions and useful to the Forum.

I make sure to thank people for their contributions to the Forum in these cases, so they know that I appreciate them. Even if we don't see eye-to-eye.  They don't think I'm serious, which is sad.

Aaah politics. Yes. I don't block people over politics or religion. Because most people change their mind with time. I usually block for antisocial personality traits 🤣😭

• Like 1

I'm still at zero in SL, I don't really get involved with people at a very personal level,  preferring to keep things superficial and cheerful so there has never really been a need. 

On the forums I had three members blocked, which I just unblocked.  I think they were just spam accounts which were flooding the forums or people flooding the forums out of spite for some seller or other SL user.  I don't have a problem with any of the members here that I can think of.  Most of you are pretty cool people, decent enough that I feel comfortable to participate and socialize with, which is relatively a rare thing for me.

Edited by Istelathis

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Like, that sometimes they have interesting opinions and valid suggestions.  Just because we don't share politics, and they act as a troll, doesn't mean they do not make valid contributions and useful to the Forum.

I make sure to thank people for their contributions to the Forum in these cases, so they know that I appreciate them. Even if we don't see eye-to-eye.  They don't think I'm serious, which is sad.

I know what you mean and I’ve done that too, I occasionally unblock this guy but invariably end up blocking again after a few weeks. Same old same! 😆

• Haha 1

Back when I was more active on SL, and when my avatar was human, I ran into a few people that I didn't vibe with. Normally these people (let's be real, most of the time it was guys) refused to take a "sorry, I'm not interested in poseballing with you" for an answer. There were also maybe a couple of spam-blocks and people begging for lindens.

I completely cleared out my blocklist a year ago, meaning I couldn't tell you how many people were on the list. I'd guess about 15, but I don't know. Either way, now it stands at zero.

Thankfully I haven't run into any more spammers or beggars since the mass clearing, and no one hits on you when you're a quadrupedal cat.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tex Monday said:

Not as big as the block list on my cell phone...between mortgage companies trying to buy my house, people asking about my extended warranty and companies trying to pay down my credit card debt, I have no room left. *laughs*

*waves*  Haven't seen you post for quite a while.  It's nice to see you peek into the forums again.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 3:00 AM, Dragon Mommy said:

I'd say 95% of my Blocklist is spam or a persistent creepy guy who used to post ads looking for 'girls who were submissive when younger' from endless throwaway accounts. But even that amounts to only around 60 accounts. And honestly I think I could safely clear the spam ones as they've all likely been banned. 

I remember that guy to be honest i don't visit those kinds of groups anymore since most of them are spam anyways. As for my blocked list i have very few people about 9 people who i don't want to associate with online on any given platform. 

Very small those or main. Typically I don't give responses to negativity and haven't had to clock much other then ad bots at times.  Most people i know don't have social issues, or are more mature. Out of the few socially inapt, there are far more decent people. 

I'm afraid to look, but I block anyone who has attachments that spam general chat.I don't need to hear about someone's ass being slapped, or choked, or giggles/shrieks..UGH.I also block guys who think just because I am a member of RP groups that I should be up for random sex.NOT. Had one guy say "well if you don't want sex, why are you in RP groups? DUH" Had a few choice words for him, then BLOCK.

Edited by Amberyl Ethaniel
adding

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.