Premium membership

like2walk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here, so I'll answer a few of the alternatives. You keep the land/house you currently own when you upgrade to premium plus (unless you decide you want to change it). You can't have a premium and a premium plus subscription working on the same account at the same time. You have one or the other. However, you can buy extra tier above the included tier if that's what you're after.

You initially pay the amount needed to upgrade your account until your next regular yearly renewal date. Then you pay the usual premium plus cost on that date.

• Like 5

If you are currently a premium member, you can upgrade to premium plus without losing any home or land that you currently have.   For premium members upgrading now, the premium plus cost is pro-rated based on how much of your premium membership term is left.  At the next renewal of your membership, it would be done at the premium plus level at $249 USD. (The pro-rated price is calculated during the upgrade processing, and you will have a chance to back-out after seeing the pro-rated cost, if you change your mind and decide not to upgrade after all).  

It's not possible, on the same account, to have both a premium membership and a premium plus membership as separate memberships.  The premium plus contains the benefits from premium, plus some increased amounts for some of the benefits (increased stipend, more groups, more tier included, etc). 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Andy McGregor said:

I am only getting 3 choices of a Linden Home per 24 hours, not 5. Did this change?

The “24 hours” is a *rolling* rather than calendar-day period, related to the time at which you’ve claimed each parcel. So, if you claim and abandon 5 parcels in rapid succession, say between 8 and 8:30am on Monday, you would be able to repeat that on Tuesday within the same time frame or later that day. If, however, you claimed a parcel at 8, 10:30, noon, 7pm and 11:45pm on Monday, and then on Tuesday afternoon claimed and abandoned 3 parcels you wouldn’t be able to claim your 4th until 7pm and your 5th until 11:45pm on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Andy McGregor said:

I am only getting 3 choices of a Linden Home per 24 hours, not 5. Did this change?

My understanding (not 100% certain), is that each choice has a 24 hour timer...  if you make a choice at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm..... then go on vacation until 7:30pm the next day... you will have 3 choices available..... but the other two will be there at 9:30pm... capeesh?

(I think this is what Frigga said)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:19 PM, like2walk said:

I have a premium membership,, can I upgrade to premium plus and still keep my premium  members land and home  for the 99.00 USD plus 249.00 USD Per year total yearly cost 348.00 USD?

I upgraded one of my alts from regular Premium to P+; and everything remained the same, I just got 1024sqm added to that alt tier. Also, I didn't have to pay full annual price, since I was around the middle of my invoice cycle, and it was just the proportional part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Bumping this to ask a cheeky question hopefully a Linden or Mole can answer and I apologise if has been answered already but I took a little look and could not see anything so ...  will there be any chance of PP monthly membership trial price returning? 

14 minutes ago, Susanna Valeska said:

Since the land allowance is bigger with Premium Plus, if you get a Linden house, does it have more land with it or is there a neighborhood for Premium Plus people with bigger houses?

There will be linden homes for PP but they are not ready yet.  For now you can have a Linden Home and 1024 mainland if you like.

• Like 1

I really hope that they don't dilly dally around with the 2048 Linden homes. My spare 1024 is just sitting there because I am not going to buy land and then have to sell or abandon it in a hurry when it's ready. So I feel like they should have had the 2048 home ready before they rolled out PP because that is one of the perks of the membership. Either that or they should have reduced the price until the feature was fully implemented. They need to give us at least a timeframe IMO.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:36 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I really hope that they don't dilly dally around with the 2048 Linden homes. My spare 1024 is just sitting there because I am not going to buy land and then have to sell or abandon it in a hurry when it's ready. So I feel like they should have had the 2048 home ready before they rolled out PP because that is one of the perks of the membership. Either that or they should have reduced the price until the feature was fully implemented. They need to give us at least a timeframe IMO.

It's really a bit of a two sided coin. I do agree that ideally, having the houses ready before offering the package would have certainly been the better way to go. When you purchase something, you expect to have it in your hands, so to speak and understandably so. But also, the people that upgraded specifically FOR the higher tier/Linden homes, knew they were not going to be available for some time, yet they still opted to upgrade anyway and wait it out. The Lindens were clear that those homes would not be available for months. I am not sure one can walk into a situation, with their eyes wide open, aware of all of the information and then suggest dilly dallying as the problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrystalKandy said:

It's really a bit of a two sided coin. I do agree that ideally, having the houses ready before offering the package would have certainly been the better way to go. When you purchase something, you expect to have it in your hands, so to speak and understandably so. But also, the people that upgraded specifically FOR the higher tier/Linden homes, knew they were not going to be available for some time, yet they still opted to upgrade anyway and wait it out. The Lindens were clear that those homes would not be available for months. I am not sure one can walk into a situation, with their eyes wide open, aware of all of the information and then suggest dilly dallying as the problem. 

Months gives them quite a bit of leeway. I would like to have some sort of time frame. I mean they could mean 36 months. Yes, I was aware that they were not going to be available right away but I still think they have an obligation to give a general timeframe of when they will be ready.

• Like 1

At certain point of view could also say due to LL by not providing what is promised as part of the subscription, that you are all being robbed.  Time is ticking by and each person has less of their original subscription than they had before.  Imagine if a whole year goes by then a large benefit has been paid in full but not delivered at all.  Even if it was to be delivered after that, there would be no recompense for it being missing the first year.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Months gives them quite a bit of leeway. I would like to have some sort of time frame. I mean they could mean 36 months. Yes, I was aware that they were not going to be available right away but I still think they have an obligation to give a general timeframe of when they will be ready.

A time frame request seems totally reasonable :)

53 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

At certain point of view could also say due to LL by not providing what is promised as part of the subscription, that you are all being robbed.  

What?  At the time that Premium Plus was released, Patch and the moles were quite clear that 2048 homes would not be available until the end of 2022 AT THE EARLIEST.  If you look at the thread I've linked, you'll see a set of OTHER benefits which were promised to be part of the initial introduction, and I believe all of those have been delivered.  

They did not commit to a 2048 timeframe, but they did state a "best case" target timeframe, probably to prevent anyone who is primarily interested in 2048 homes from buying Premium Plus immediately.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

What?  At the time that Premium Plus was released, Patch and the moles were quite clear that 2048 homes would not be available until the end of 2022 AT THE EARLIEST.  If you look at the thread I've linked, you'll see a set of OTHER benefits which were promised to be part of the initial introduction, and I believe all of those have been delivered.  

They did not commit to a 2048 timeframe, but they did state a "best case" target timeframe, probably to prevent anyone who is primarily interested in 2048 homes from buying Premium Plus immediately.

That's certainly another point of view.  The question though is, if LL, hypothetically speaking, decided now to not do 2048 homes and cancelled them for whatever reason, do you think existing subscribers would think that all fair and reasonable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrystalKandy said:

A time frame request seems totally reasonable :)

and a rebate on the  P+ rate of at least 84 dollars ( thats the additional tier we can't use for the home.)
Ans as fact, a even more higher reduction of costs for the other promessed features, that are still announced as "future" .( no soon)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

At certain point of view could also say due to LL by not providing what is promised as part of the subscription, that you are all being robbed.  Time is ticking by and each person has less of their original subscription than they had before.  Imagine if a whole year goes by then a large benefit has been paid in full but not delivered at all.  Even if it was to be delivered after that, there would be no recompense for it being missing the first year.

That is the reason for me not signing up. But it is not robbery, when it was made clear before we buy. People calculated stipend, the use of an exsisting LHome, use of a Mainland store, more groups, a discount on creating a new name, 2 animesh attachments instead of one... And free texture uploads. That must have been a selling point for creators.

And the ability of requesting a LHome of the 1024 home themes we have.

For me, it did not suit my SLife at all. So no payment, until I see the big new homes inworld, and can bump through the doors.

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

That's certainly another point of view.  The question though is, if LL, hypothetically speaking, decided now to not do 2048 homes and cancelled them for whatever reason, do you think existing subscribers would think that all fair and reasonable?

Hypothetically speaking,what if the new homes are ready 11 months after PPlus was rolled out? Would they think that is fair?

I hope existing PPlus subscribers joined for the rest of the benefits, not because of homes they did not even see yet. I don't even know if I will like them.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

I don't have any interest in the bigger homes. Plus made sense as it saved a bit of money, along with free texture uploads and being able to put in a ticket for a house. The earlier release of plus was useful for people in my situation. There wasn't really much point in making everyone wait until the big houses were done when not everyone wanted one.

• Like 1

I have a couple of avatars with unfortunate names that I wanted to change. It is actually a bit cheaper to upgrade to PP ($29.99) then use the $15.00 name change fee that to do the basic for $49.99 (or somewhere in that neighborhood... I forgot the exact fee). What I have been doing is upgrading to PP, changing name but trying not to use any other features except the free uploads and then downgrading to basic at the end of the month.

That worked perfectly for avatar #1, but backfired on #2 and #3. #2 was PP when the nice stilts were first released, and a friend talked me into using the Parcel Request feature to get a stunning OL which had a lot of water on it and was in a lovely area. So when the PP expired, the alt got downgraded to Premium.

Then on #3, a friend landed a lovely houseboat so I decided to roll a few --regular rolls, not parcel requests. On try #2, I got an amazing location. I will have to keep this at least for a few months, so another avatar is going to premium instead of basic. So I guess maybe LL's strategy to entice us to try PP for cheaper name changes is working...

However, I am just about out of group slots -- down to just 2 free ones. In my case, due to management of various things plus owning a store, I really do need the group slots. So soon I will be forced to upgrade my main account to PP. She renews in December.. I was hoping to upgrade at that time, but I may not be able to wait that long because of the need for group slots.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.