Summary of the Linden Homes perks for Premium Plus

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so there's a big thread in the general forum on Premium Plus, but rather than trawling through that for the specifics relating to Linden Homes, here's a summary:

• Plus price: 249L yearly, 29.99 monthly (24.99 introductory offer only when it's released, there could potentially be special offers in the future, but this isn't definite)
  • You will be able to request a specific Linden home manually via Land support. Note: you must not already have a home, the one you request  will have to be a  home that is available during the request period, and can not be in an area the automated home system is currently assigning from.  Estimated at 1-2 days for this process (not weekends). They are looking at maybe automating this process in the future. But for now support has to manually assign the home.

This will be a great advantage during new theme releases, as you can request a home as long as it's not the region currently being assign from (I think).  Part of the reason they are doing this is because they get a lot of requests for friends to be able to live near each other, so this is one way they felt they could enable that.    I'm not clear on how this affect abondons - can you request one if it isn't in the queue? But how big is the 'queue'?  Maybe @Patch Linden could clarify this somewhere.

• Included tier for Plus holders increases to 2048sq m .
  • You can still only have one Linden home per premium account
  • There will be 1 more new theme release this year catering to Premium Plus holders (there'll be more themes with the new 2048 size in the future)
  • They are looking at ways of perhaps increasing the LI for homes at some point in the future (nothing certain yet so don't get too excited!)
  • They are looking to increase in the number of home tries in a 24hr period (currently 5) - however I'm not sure if this is specifically for Plus holders or was just mentioned as something that's coming for all premium account holders. Hopefully this will be clarified.

Patch also mentioned some general home stuff, not Plus specific:

• They will be starting to add additional home types to the existing themes soon -  for more details see Friday's (24 June) Meet the Moles interview.
  • They are looking at ways to phase out the old homes still, and will probably retain a few regions for history

You can listen to the interview here (start around 25:00)

Meet the Lindens 2022 - Patch Linden - YouTube

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 11

• 3 weeks later...

The new theme for 2048m is not guaranteed to come in 2022. Quote:

... first Premium Plus theme possibly towards the end of 2022;

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/21/sl19b-mtl-patch-linden-premium-plus-and-more-video/

Quote:

The fact that ideas are still in development is why Premium Plus Linden Homes will not be appearing until the end of 2022 “at the earliest”.

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/25/sl19b-mtl-the-moles-new-starter-avatars-linden-homes/

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The new theme for 2048m is not guaranteed to come in 2022. Quote:

... first Premium Plus theme possibly towards the end of 2022;

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/21/sl19b-mtl-patch-linden-premium-plus-and-more-video/

Quote:

The fact that ideas are still in development is why Premium Plus Linden Homes will not be appearing until the end of 2022 “at the earliest”.

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/25/sl19b-mtl-the-moles-new-starter-avatars-linden-homes/

I get that, I honestly wish they had put a little more thought into that before launching premium plus, it would be worth making the jump right away. I have spare mainland in the meantime but I'm honestly bored out of all ideas I can do with my traditionals for now, with a limited prim of 351 - Between addons and *nice* furniture I like for the house, I just can't decorate to my hearts content.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Estimated at 1-2 days for this process (not weekends). They are looking at maybe automating this process in the future. But for now support has to manually assign the home.

I read that the support for Premium Plus was open every day. I am not sure if that is just for problems, or also for delivering requested homes and name changes? Possibly it is only live chat and they do not do any processing?

Premium, Premium Plus and Concierge accounts are also eligible to use live chat support during our operating hours of 9am-5pm Eastern (6am-2pm Pacific) every day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I get that, I honestly wish they had put a little more thought into that before launching premium plus, it would be worth making the jump right away. I have spare mainland in the meantime but I'm honestly bored out of all ideas I can do with my traditionals for now, with a limited prim of 351 - Between addons and *nice* furniture I like for the house, I just can't decorate to my hearts content.

I am in that place now. Bored out of 351 limit, feel like I have done all I want to do. The work done by the moles on the Sakura regions is admirable. They did not keep me in Premium, the style did not set me on fire with excitement... Maybe I could decorate them as any home and not Asian. I am out of Premium now, waiting to see the next theme of 1024's for ordinary Premium. I might jump back in ordinary Premium if I like them. It is always fun with something new.

I do not pay a cent for PPlus before I see the 2048's homes in a demo region, and a release date set.

I just lurk around this forum now. Waiting to see what makes me interested again.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

My sister is on day six with her ticket so you're not alone. She had a lovely convo with TJ on the live chat and was told they are totally swamped with tickets, but they're sorting through them as fast as they can.

Kind of reassuring to know that the reason it is taking so long to allocate requested homes, is because they are so busy processing requests. One of the problems with the time being taken, is that at the moment when the request is processed, the place selected may have already been allocated in the automated system that is available to Premium members. That means the Support Desk has to deal with the request more than once, as the Premium Plus member will have to find another place and follow that up with Support, which adds to their work.

Not sure how difficult and if it is possible, to change the software and to automate this through the account dashboard, sooner rather than later?

• Like 4

I can confirm, my Premium Plus chosen home in Kaminarimon was delivered around 4 hours ago (4 am ish on Monday UK time, so 8 hrs difference to the Lab) and I raised the ticket at just after 7:30 pm UK time on Saturday. I don't mind that though as I proceeded to further explore and changed my mind on the home a further 78768745633 times.

I noticed the 512 sq m homes in Sakura seem to be on much nicer plots than the 1024 sq m ones, subjective I know. So I found a 1024 sq m that has mountains on 2 sides, a road at the front and backs onto a pond with a waterfall.

Snapshot_279.png

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

How exactly do they deliver the homes are they put in your name and then you are notified to claim it ?  Are only the linden homes that haven't been released yet for a first time the homes we can request ?  Sorry a bit confused .

They reply to your support ticket to say it's all set. You can request any home in maintenence just not SSP regions or ones people live in ofc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

How exactly do they deliver the homes are they put in your name and then you are notified to claim it ?  Are only the linden homes that haven't been released yet for a first time the homes we can request ?  Sorry a bit confused .

They're ones set as "Linden Home" rather than "Protected Land" and they don't belong to a regular avatar. They've not said that you can't request a house that had an owner and was abandoned... but there's more risk that someone will be automatically assigned to it before your ticket is processed. For older themes where the only ones coming up are abandoned and they're claimed pretty quickly, you're unlikely to have any luck with tickets. But if you see a house you know was abandoned and it's been empty for days, you might be in with a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

They're ones set as "Linden Home" rather than "Protected Land" and they don't belong to a regular avatar. They've not said that you can't request a house that had an owner and was abandoned... but there's more risk that someone will be automatically assigned to it before your ticket is processed. For older themes where the only ones coming up are abandoned and they're claimed pretty quickly, you're unlikely to have any luck with tickets. But if you see a house you know was abandoned and it's been empty for days, you might be in with a chance.

I put in a ticket requesting an abandoned log home. It was in such a beautiful location, with so few available in mountains next to water and everything around was already taken, so thought it worth a try.

It took a few days, as there was a query that needed resolving first, but I got it!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Avery Evergarden said:

I had what I assume was my signup bonus for Premium Plus hit my account sometime last night. It was only 2000L. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be 3000L. Was there some prorated amount due to the fact that I upgraded from regular Premium?

I had wondered the same thing, if there was some type of proration of the bonus amount occurring.

Contact Live Chat and let them know.  When I did that earlier today they acknowledged some of the bonus amounts were incorrect and they added the additional amount to my account right away, during the Live Chat conversation. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.