Maze Soft Thighs Update?

Jade Varela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's really interesting how the thicc boom in SL is still alive and well, when even the IRL fashion innovators who popularized it are going back to the slim figure as ideal. Hell, Kim Kardashian, queen of the look SL has adopted wholecloth, seems to have had her butt implants removed and other popular Instagram figures seem to have had their liposculpture reduced. I wonder if we're going to dial in on something akin to body acceptance, with the ability to make more generously proportioned avatars without the need to make them caricatures. 

I mean, I'm still going to wear my Maitreya until the wheels fall off. But it's fun to watch the trends change.

23 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's really interesting how the thicc boom in SL is still alive and well, when even the IRL fashion innovators who popularized it are going back to the slim figure as ideal. Hell, Kim Kardashian, queen of the look SL has adopted wholecloth, seems to have had her butt implants removed and other popular Instagram figures seem to have had their liposculpture reduced. I wonder if we're going to dial in on something akin to body acceptance, with the ability to make more generously proportioned avatars without the need to make them caricatures. 

I mean, I'm still going to wear my Maitreya until the wheels fall off. But it's fun to watch the trends change.

Or it could go the other way in SL, where it seems if something is good, then more is better! So I wouldn't be surprised to see more severely squished thighs with tighter bands. It's not a direction I want to go in though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Or it could go the other way in SL, where it seems if something is good, then more is better! So I wouldn't be surprised to see more severely squished thighs with tighter bands. It's not a direction I want to go in though!

Then when their legs fall off from lack of circulation, they can head over to Meta!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, Conifer Dada said:

Despite being quite skinny and still having a system avatar, I thought I'd try out the new look . . .

Loose thigh ties!_001.jpg

Come over to my Grandma's house. She'll feed you, and you'll be able to rock the thigh ribbons in no time.

• Haha 4

As people were predicting, even tighter thigh bands are beginning to appear. I haven't seen any men wearing them yet but it's only a matter of time, surely!!

I think the soft thighs illustrate how SL fashion works.  People see a woman of ample proportions (from the waist down) wearing thigh bands that don't squash the flesh and they think "that's sooo 2021!" Even I might think that and I don't have a mesh body, I don't have big thighs and I don't wear thigh bands - apart from that unsuccessful test shown above !!

Edited by Conifer Dada

I would say in the case of them being saddle strap tight, they don't seem natural with lingerie..

If they made a less is more version that seemed more natural than trying to make it as noticeable.. I'd probably be all over it like a spider monkey Chip.

The one that comes up with the hud that makes the adjustments from bone tight to garter tight is gonna be the trend setter in this race..

hehehehe

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Well, my thighs are thick (as thick as most womens' waists) but they're solid muscle, no squishing here.

I'd only break the straps. 😁

That's about how mine are.. Riding horses all the time, your legs don't get thinner and you butt don't shrink and you really don't want your butt to shrink.. at least mine haven't after all these years of riding hehehe..

Things just get more tight over time.  upper body gets worked but nowhere near mah bottom half.. hehehe

There are some really tight ones for bewbies on the 99L sale that you can see on the Seraphim site, that  the last day is tomorrow for the sale..

Anyone looking for the tightest ones, I think these are it..

Any tighter and we gonna have to call  the bomb squad, or someones gonna have a splosion.

291896149_547321413607916_4212816204226728469_n.thumb.jpg.4d439e2291b816ce59bed83888cf729e.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There are some really tight ones for bewbies on the 99L sale that you can see on the Seraphim site, that  the last day is tomorrow for the sale..

Any tighter and we gonna have to call  the bomb squad, or someones gonna have a splosion.

291896149_547321413607916_4212816204226728469_n.thumb.jpg.4d439e2291b816ce59bed83888cf729e.jpg

That's a short step away from necrosis. I like the Ebody Juicy look but that's just gross.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That looks mighty painful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

That's a short step away from necrosis. I like the Ebody Juicy look but that's just gross.

Ya, it's like there is a competition to see who can squeeze the most.. Every week there seems to be a tighter version I run into..

I'm curious if the stopping point will be the spine or just cut someone in half looks will be next..

Dewey, I'm halved pretty bad!

hehehe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, it's like there is a competition to see who can squeeze the most.. Every week there seems to be a tighter version I run into..

I'm curious if the stopping point will be the spine or just cut someone in half looks will be next..

Dewey, I'm halved pretty bad!

hehehe

Then we'll end up like this!!!  Oh wait, someone already did that.  Didn't work out to well.1281632828_R-2022-07-08T223318_644.thumb.jpeg.5ac6c0906ef7c22310012cc49d2e5770.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Stuff like this only makes me more convinced we're living in a simulation playing a simulation and some alien intern just got told "they seem to like squishing things right now ... oh and they still like boobs, for some reason .. look, just make something"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Stephanie Lovely said:

The Maze Soft Thighs have been updated to support Maitreya, now we just need to see if everyone who has made products for the existing Soft Thighs sizes will update for Maitreya.

Did you buy them. I did but I cant get them on right. No instructions for the upgrade though I did find a good notecard and video [on youtube] for the other bodies. I updated Maitreya to V5.3, tried to use BOM but not sure if I am doing it right!

I am not new to SL and mesh but I resisted trying BOM until yesterday when I wanted to get 'Soft Thighs' and I just couldnt get them to work. So I had to learn about BOM and was lucky to find a video on YouTube which was the most helpful. Using an old SKIN to cover the BOM body was the key....... Also I have a mesh head and was wearing head and body alpha but I managed to find just a head alpha which enabled me to take off the body alpha for the BOM layer. It is not so hard when somebody explains it from the beginning. 

Wearing my soft thighs with garters on a Halloween outfit <<<< love them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.