Maze Soft Thighs Update?

Jade Varela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

cutting yourself is not bdsm it is a mental disorder.  If you get off cutting someone hells yeah that’s sad. 

Interestingly, I've seen some "mainstream" movies where the main character was both into cutting, and into BDSM.  So either the fillmmakers were misrepresenting cutting vs. BDSM, or we were supposed to understand that the character both had a mental disorder, and also was into BDSM. Best example I can think of is "The Secretary".

I respect others choices, but personally not into it at all. I think it looks kinda silly. Like your trying to give yourself major dead-legs. The pins and needles must be awful.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interestingly, I've seen some "mainstream" movies where the main character was both into cutting, and into BDSM.  So either the fillmmakers were misrepresenting cutting vs. BDSM, or we were supposed to understand that the character both had a mental disorder, and also was into BDSM. Best example I can think of is "The Secretary".

I think that character was definitely supposed to be both. Or that we were supposed to interpret that the BDSM filled the same need for her as the cutting, but in a healthier way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Never seen it so could not say. 

I think this has gotten off track. I am not sure they were ever meant to be something seen as BDSM play, although I can see how creators have taken this direction. Not a bad thing, they are making their coins. 

In my mind I think these were designed for a thicker girl with bigger thighs and the *squish* are the marks maybe her garters or hose would make. Maybe I'm naive.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, colleen Criss said:

I think this has gotten off track. I am not sure they were ever meant to be something seen as BDSM play, although I can see how creators have taken this direction. Not a bad thing, they are making their coins. 

In my mind I think these were designed for a thicker girl with bigger thighs and the *squish* are the marks maybe her garters or hose would make. Maybe I'm naive.

Yes this is exactly how I seen it too, for bigger squishy thighs. I love them, and in no way am I going for realism lol so I was also kind of thinking like cute soft anime-ish thighs.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, Mother Mystic said:

maze mods soft thighs r life. ♥

This looks much better to my eyes than other avatars I have seen. ❤️

I could see myself in a shape like that, I have a Legacy body too, and have not deleted all the Legacy sizes I get in clothing packs. So putting on Soft Thighs would be easy for me.

I still think it is pinching/squeezing too much. Is it different levels of pinching the owner can set to the Soft Thighs?

And now I found they sell soft arms too. It will be updated to the other sizes, but is only Reborn at the Reborn Event from May24th. The soft arms look like they squeeze in even more. Photo from here with credits: https://www.sugarsl.com/post/maze-soft-arms-reborn-event

1380bf_cc1016405d2f419fb64770e9a7b5f47b~

• Like 3

Mine is definitely modded. I used a custom shadow BOM layer to make the squish look less "squishy" and a body shine that would make the transition of the "squish" layer much smoother. I also have thigh deformers and an overall custom made "thinning deformer" for the whole body, all of which i would happily share. :D

Edited by Mother Mystic
  • Thanks 1

i think they are fun. Is the squish realistic, maybe not, but I think it needs to be a little exaggerated to be seen. The lack of blood flow in all avatars makes wearing these as safe as walking around bare foot with high foot mode on all day. SL has always had and will always have body modifications like this and other things. Once the bodies are updated on arms and legs it sounds like squishy boobs will be the next endeavor. Looking forward to that too.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buttacwup Float said:

i think they are fun. Is the squish realistic, maybe not, but I think it needs to be a little exaggerated to be seen. The lack of blood flow in all avatars makes wearing these as safe as walking around bare foot with high foot mode on all day. SL has always had and will always have body modifications like this and other things. Once the bodies are updated on arms and legs it sounds like squishy boobs will be the next endeavor. Looking forward to that too.

Yeah I like the arms and thighs but breasts is just a step too far for me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buttacwup Float said:

i think they are fun. Is the squish realistic, maybe not, but I think it needs to be a little exaggerated to be seen. The lack of blood flow in all avatars makes wearing these as safe as walking around bare foot with high foot mode on all day. SL has always had and will always have body modifications like this and other things. Once the bodies are updated on arms and legs it sounds like squishy boobs will be the next endeavor. Looking forward to that 

21 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This looks much better to my eyes than other avatars I have seen. ❤️

I could see myself in a shape like that, I have a Legacy body too, and have not deleted all the Legacy sizes I get in clothing packs. So putting on Soft Thighs would be easy for me.

I still think it is pinching/squeezing too much. Is it different levels of pinching the owner can set to the Soft Thighs?

And now I found they sell soft arms too. It will be updated to the other sizes, but is only Reborn at the Reborn Event from May24th. The soft arms look like they squeeze in even more. Photo from here with credits: https://www.sugarsl.com/post/maze-soft-arms-reborn-event

1380bf_cc1016405d2f419fb64770e9a7b5f47b~

i am 55C0CAB8-F5AE-405C-A80F-A135652A7B10.jpeg.63a984aabf1e63c4c9ce07bc87d90eed.jpegsuper excited this will be next!! 

• Haha 8
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

i am 55C0CAB8-F5AE-405C-A80F-A135652A7B10.jpeg.63a984aabf1e63c4c9ce07bc87d90eed.jpegsuper excited this will be next!! 

I firmly believe no matter how silly something is, people will always go along when they see others doing it.  It's amusing to me that so many of the people who have NoCopy/NoMod in their profile or something else denoting their 'uniqueness', all seem to look similar.  Right now, squishy parts are in.  If those shoes DO happen to show up in SL, they'll be next.Bandwagon.jpg.da2f16ce9073a6f84981fb0abb939426.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/5/2022 at 12:54 AM, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

Why in the world would you be excited about this? Swollen feet are neither healthy or sexy in either life.  It simple looks ridiculous.

• Like 2

I keep seeing trending, trendy, trends...in the posts and a quote by Karl Lagerfeld came to mind..."Trendy is the last stage before tacky."  I think tacky has arrived.

And I will add this quote that has been in my SL profile for years..."Be careful when you blindly follow the masses...sometimes the M is silent."

Edited by Cougar Sangria
To add another quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Why in the world would you be excited about this? Swollen feet are neither healthy or sexy in either life.  It simple looks ridiculous.

Its in the same vein as squished thighs honestly. And all this talk about whats healthy and not healthy , have you ever actually really looked at avatars around you...anywhere? lol

Who cares if its not sexy? Realism usually isn't. 

6 hours ago, Modulated said:

Its in the same vein as squished thighs honestly. And all this talk about whats healthy and not healthy , have you ever actually really looked at avatars around you...anywhere? lol

Who cares if its not sexy? Realism usually isn't. 

To be fair, I know some people DON'T want realism in their SL... I get that point (case in point, the default kupra (or for that matter, the Lara) shape. So much in SL is odd, strange, hypersexualized... And that's a good thing though. Diversity is awesome. 

Me personally, I kinda want realism-lite, not hypersexualized butts and boobs or guy's nope ropes. I'm perfectly good with odd and strange though. So reality-lite that's my thing. So I have to agree on the edemas not being something I'd BUY for fashion. Same thing for garters that don't fit right. Also don't find the cutting marks as a kink, to me it's something else entirely... 

Anyone else can buy whatever they like though.... The forum folks aren't blockading the ports to prevent the import of cankle shoes to the MP. 

Diversity.

Yes thicc thighs save lives, just hard to do it you can't feel your feet.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Leg and feet decoration/items always catch my eye, but these squishy thighs are not for me. Which is just as well as I always use Maitreya.

If anything I seek the opposite in toned, form, athletic legs. Subtlety is not easy to find in SL. Either leg tone for females is barely perceptible or it's a massive leg steroid workout.

As a female I have a few male skins in my armoury because I really like toned legs. Mudskin have nice ones although they are flat-chested, but as I'm covering the top half it doesn't matter. I wish there was a way to split full body BoM skins between upper and lower.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ebody has released some squishy breasts, in conjunction with a clothing designer. These don't seem to be something you can get a dev kit for, which leaves you with just the one top to wear. They are similar to the addon you can get for Kupra, but at least with that one you can get third party clothing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133873458@N04/52161422181/in/feed-133841319-1655763961-1-72157721624482977

Edited by Stephanie Lovely
add link

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.