Starberry Passion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

K, same face and skin, but with make-up on and different hair. 

16092ab1765311f66ed9f3756b3bd314.png

i like this

i love the hair. Is way over the top, and is what makes the whole ensemble work together. I can't see you ever having any issue with anyone inworld looking like this

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Emily Nova said:

K, same face and skin, but with make-up on and different hair. 

16092ab1765311f66ed9f3756b3bd314.png

I'm curious, what age is it that you are wanting to be around?

My very first post was me using RL features as my guide I was going by, like if it was being measured  in RL scale.. but your avatar  could be something more in line with anime than RL..I've never really been into very much anime to be honest.

I mean it would fit right in with some games I can think of and not be considered as young as I first said..

• Like 3

Toddlers...

The cheeks are full and often pink.

The mouth is small and puckered, looking pouty.

5-11 year olds...

The ears grow before other features so they looks large for a while.

Thin neck

The chin becomes defined, but not yet strong.

The nose looks short because it’s still upturned.

The nose bridge gains dimension.

The face contours start to appear, but are still soft.

12-17 year olds...

The most noticeable difference with adult faces at this point is the size of the eyes, which are still large.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Emily Nova said:

I agree with that, It has been older people who are like "You are too young"

I'm an artist. An old(er) artist.

I made a living doing portraits and nudes when I was in my 20s. I'm much older now. I'm one of those "older people". But, I do happen to know a thing or two about looks and age and proportions and body types. That first pic was 16. This one above? Even kawaii style baby exaggerated? 14 or thereabouts.

Cute as all get out by SL standards, and obviously a popular look, and you're doing it well ... but 14.

I'd wager there even are a few Lolita-themed sims where they'd send you packing for looking a tad too young. YMMV. It's a wildly popular look here in SL.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

kawaii ... exaggerated

kawaii is pretty much always exaggerated.  Is the same with neko. I have always been neko and I have never grown up in SL. Is when we don't exaggerate these styles (go over the top) then it all gets hard for parcel owners

if we are going to be kawaii then be all kawaii.  Don't mix up it up with GND

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

That first pic was 16. This one above? Even kawaii style baby exaggerated? 14 or thereabouts.

Cute as all get out by SL standards, and obviously a popular look, and you're doing it well ... but 14.

That second photo looks slightly younger to me than the first as well, so I agree with you on this. Very cute, though.

Lelutka Prim is always going to skew slightly younger - I'd LOVE to find an example of someone who managed to place her square in her 30s-40s, but it's a bit tricky with that one. College age and slightly above is about the target if you're not aiming to make fantasy avatars like dolls, fairies, etc. That head would also look great paired up with EGL or Ouji fashion styles.

For the OP, her issue is styling/makeup and body shape more than the face itself. I did manage to find a few Prims that, while still young, managed to look a tad bit older using clothing/hair/makeup/accessories. It's such an adorable head omg.

A few examples (can click for Flickr/credits):

Season of Butterflies

Prim II

Are you ready for some cuteness overload? Meet Prim, out tomorrow @  Legacy event (17th April 12pm SLT - 1st May 12pm SLT)

The Sweetest Prim

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm curious, what age is it that you are wanting to be around?

My very first post was me using RL features as my guide I was going by, like if it was being measured  in RL scale.. but your avatar  could be something more in line with anime than RL..I've never really been into very much anime to be honest.

I mean it would fit right in with some games I can think of and not be considered as young as I first said..

Thank you for continuing to not rude, thank you for that. 

My inspiration comes from Gemma Ward and Lisa The Rapper.

9f9b8ed156a4c803d933e5b71576adc1.png.5c7b158b98a821bba2307704086161ea.png Gemma Ward

4d67ea91a182efe9a182e9914f4e3acd.png.8ff510923c18d0dfb5e2f56e10bdc414.png Lisa

lisa has a smaller nose than Gemmas

Both are beautiful Women.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you go on Flickr and search "Lelutka Prim," you'll find a ton of photos of what people have been able to create with it. Some do opt for younger looks (much like the cutesy porcelain doll look I mentioned), and others age her up quite nicely. It really depends on what you want.

And grrrrrr, after seeing what people are doing with it, now I want to add it to my "to buy" list, too. It's too cute!

You made me look LOL ...   it is SUPER cute,  but I agree - I think it looks best as a fairy / fantasy style.  I have been wanting to get a human sized fairy avatar going - may be a good place to start.  :)

I must say...I'm not a big fan of baby face sexy - and some (even on the new G rated Flickr) push it ...       really push it.    I try so hard not to be judgmental - but I confess ... seeing BDSM / highly sexualized pictures of an avatar that looks to be 13 years old  is too much for me.

*shudders*

I don't have any advice for the OP,   unless it's turn down the sexy.   But that is only my humble opinion.  Bottom line remains the same - region owner makes the rules.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

You made me look LOL ...   it is SUPER cute,  but I agree - I think it looks best as a fairy / fantasy style.  I have been wanting to get a human sized fairy avatar going - may be a good place to start.  :)

I must say...I'm not a big fan of baby face sexy - and some (even on the new G rated Flickr) push it ...       really push it.    I try so hard not to be judgmental - but I confess ... seeing BDSM / highly sexualized pictures of an avatar that looks to be 13 years old  is too much for me.

*shudders*

I don't have any advice for the OP,   unless it's turn down the sexy.   But that is only my humble opinion.  Bottom line remains the same - region owner makes the rules.

I agree! I don't like wearing young-looking avatars myself, and Prim looks awful to me in adult gear that some on Flickr put her in (just no!). For humans, I try to aim for 30s+ anyway, so it wouldn't be my first choice for that (though I do like what others have managed to do with it). But yup - I think Prim could easily make some gorgeous fantasy avies. I'd love to see what kind of fairy or dryad or water nymph or something I could create with it. It's just so stinkin' cute!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

I think Prim was meant to look teenish and it does.  I have not seen a mature look made with this head. It is super cute but I'm noy going to buy it.

It's come up before in Lel's Discord and they did say she's intended to be an adult right out of the box, which can be further enhanced with a lot of BOM magic. If I ever get around to demoing it, I'll try to style her older and see how it holds up. Might take a whole lot of Izzie's and a little bit of luck, but we'll see!

12 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It's come up before in Lel's Discord and they did say she's intended to be an adult right out of the box, which can be further enhanced with a lot of BOM magic. If I ever get around to demoing it, I'll try to style her older and see how it holds up. Might take a whole lot of Izzie's and a little bit of luck, but we'll see!

I remember when it first came around hearing that it would be really good for an anime look.. I've never tried making one of those myself, but that might be the crowd they were aiming for..

I remember trying the demo and only giving it a quick try and not really giving it a good effort for a look.. It may have been because I was going in the wrong direction..lol

• Like 1

still looking underage, I think the ears are playing a major role tilting the face from young adult to underage teen, I mean, aside from all the other face features wich are designed to represent an underage girl.

Ayashes examples dont look underage, are those from the same head that the OP is using?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StarlanderGoods said:

still looking underage, I think the ears are playing a major role tilting the face from young adult to underage teen, I mean, aside from all the other face features wich are designed to represent an underage girl.

Ayashes examples dont look underage, are those from the same head that the OP is using?

Yep! All of those photos are using the same exact head (Lelutka Prim).

I grabbed a demo myself and I'm still working on putting together an older (late 20s-30s) look for it. There are some slight issues (I don't like the nose shaping and even after trying various BOM shaders and contours, I still don't like it), but I've had great success playing with various enhancers from Izzie's and Jack Spoon - wrinkles, lines, age spots, eyebags/circles, contouring, etc. I'm almost done playing with it and I'll post a photo when I'm done. She just needs some more tweaks for hair and makeup n stuffs.

• Like 4

Okay finished. Was just super curious to see if I could get the head into my usual age range. I think I succeeded. For those who aren't sure if you can work with Prim - I think you probably can!

Note: Yes, I'm demo fabulous! AND, I left off the smile lines. Adding those ages her up even further, but I didn't find it necessary in my case. I wanted to keep her features more subtle. I also busted out some flexi hair because why not. Shoutout to flexi hair - miss ya girl.

Also, I shaped the face quite a lot. Including the eyebrow shape. This is *not* an out-of-the-box look. I started with a custom shape I made for Lel Lilly and tweaked every slider from there. If you start with Prim's included base shape - you are going to have a time. 😂

Lazy credits (head only):

Izzie's: Eyebags (Eyebags, Circles, Shadows), Age Spots, Frown Lines, Forehead Lines

Trend: Maleficient Lipstick

Lelutka: Layered eye shadows w/tinting (HUD) & piercings & Prim head (obvy)

Skin: Pumec - Luna

Hair: Truth - Magenta

image.thumb.png.eca5b6652ee2a9672917c85a35715194.png

image.thumb.png.c1ddc40c1c864ff83e192aed82141775.png

Adding glasses for funsies (Triggered: Widow):

image.thumb.png.107c689f62c07d64d34753b529630326.png

• Like 6

Grabbed a demo of Prim tonight.  Messed around for 30 mins or so.  The only issue I have with it is the eyes.  They're very round and not much to do about that even working with brow base.  Same skin, same makeup I use on my regular head.  

How old?  About the same as my usual IMO.

Prim.thumb.jpg.e530f9019ca1c3b7a1f51bc6ee3e88ef.jpg

• Like 2

It is the combination baby face and sexually mature body that makes land/venue owners look twice and start to be afraid: "Is it underage? I better be sure and ask her to leave".

I disagree with others, it is not as much the hair as the clothes. If you want to go in a venue, wear more grownup clothes. Stylish like COCO.

The hair in the first picture did not make me think "too young".

• Like 1

I think you want to look younger, but not underage. So my suggestion is to change the body shape. This body looks like 13-14 yo girl. You need to make it a bit wider and may be it will work. I see that you like the way your avi looks, but you need to make some changes. And also I don't think the head is the problem, but combined with this body - there is the issue. 

I also like those cute faces, in rl my face looks more younger than I am, so my avi's face looks younger too (I think). But the body shape is a different thing. 

Edited by HelenaNavy92
  • Like 2

Guessing an avatars age by look is impossible. Especially with how teens are dressing and looking in RL. I dropped off my youngest yesterday at her High School for the last time as she graduates on Sunday. They were having a parent/graduate breakfast outside in the parking lot under some big pop up tents. If I was forced to guess the age of some of the girls i would have never said some of them were 18-19. I also would have guess wrongly that some of them were teachers aides. Some looked 13-14, some 25-28. One young lady came over to our table, leaned over showing an amazing cleavage and asked if there was anything I needed. I said no thank you, we are all set and she strutted away. My daughter informed me she was a 15 year old sophomore that was in the culinary arts class.. I honestly thought she was a teacher. Facially she looked 28ish. 

In SL the safest thing is to ask when you are in doubt. That way you have written proof of what they claimed their avs age was if the LL bann hammer comes into play. That being said, I would bet there haven't been any places that the sim owner was banned from SL over how someone on their sim looks. Its how they act that matters. If there wasn't any adult stuff going on in open chat/ furniture, how could any SIM owner know what was being said in private IMs?

If you have 18+ in your profile, I assume you are presenting as an 18+ avatar. Height is a BS way to discriminate against people in SL. My av is usually one of the shortest in a club or venue at 6' 6". Most women in SL tower over me. The scale furniture and houses are built to is really off. Measure your furniture with a prim some day. My dining room table is nearly 4 feet tall.. My love seat is nearly 9 feet long.. My bed is 12 foot by 9 foot... If that was a real bed it would barely fit in my bedroom, forget about walking around it. 

TLDR  You do you boo. Be adorable, be cute, be safe. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.