You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really disappointed in the quality of the poses in Linden made street furniture. This furniture is prominent throughout Bellisseria and consists of benches, beach towels and chairs. Why can't we have PG couple poses? My understanding is that all the regions in Belli are rated Moderate so why no couple poses????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I am sure the official reply would be along the lines of  "we wish the poses were better but we have other fish to fry". As Abnor Mole expressed recently , they are constantly making tradeoffs. Practically, each of us has one or more things that might have been done differently if we were building Bellisseria. On the flip side, they occasionally do things that are entirely unexpected and delightful.

• Like 4

This is kind of like complaining about free stuff.  I can find lower land impact benches that look just as good and have nicer animations, but I'm glad what there is looks and functions better than the old mainland stuff. I'm quite happy with the beach towels when I find them, though I wish there were more of them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

I am sure the official reply would be along the lines of  "we wish the poses were better but we have other fish to fry". As Abnor Mole expressed recently , they are constantly making tradeoffs. Practically, each of us has one or more things that might have been done differently if we were building Bellisseria. On the flip side, they occasionally do things that are entirely unexpected and delightful.

As a pose creator I can say that the cost of adding at least ONE couple pose would likely cost time and not money. I doubt any trade-off would be necessary. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is kind of like complaining about free stuff.  I can find lower land impact benches that look just as good and have nicer animations, but I'm glad what there is looks and functions better than the old mainland stuff. I'm quite happy with the beach towels when I find them, though I wish there were more of them. 

Free? Living in Bellisseria is not free. You must have a premium account to live there. If they can provide single sits in street furniture they can easily provide a couple pose. If you're happy sitting by yourself, good for you. Live it up. But I have every right to be able to sit with my husband. 

• Like 2

There would be little impact to any region adding basic couple functionality to a few benches, towels, or seats or anything else for that matter. We pay good money to have a premium account to enable us to reside on Linden land. I think the majority of people would appreciate basic improvements to the public spaces and would certainly attract more interaction.  

Frankly the lindens would be better served not allowing high impact and over scripted items that your "basic everyday moron" places on their land to help reduce the lag and would allow improvements to the regions for the enjoyment of all

• Like 2

You are paying for a Linden House.  We are lucky that they decided to create Bellisseria with the nice landscaping, roads, rez areas, railroads, etc... rather than minimal landscaping like the old Linden Home regions.  And they didn't have to take the time to put in any items that folks could sit/lay on.  Just dropping animations in a object doesn't do anyone any good unless someone takes the time to adjust the poses -- and that takes Mole time away from other work.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 10

Being single in SL for most of 15 years, I have never known your pain, @Gemma Jackman I find it really ironic, since most furniture is geared toward adult entertainment. I lost my RL husband shortly after joining. SL helped to navigate the grief. I’m happy there are benches to take in the spectacular views strategically placed throughout Belli. You’re more fortunate than you know.

• Like 5

Being premium gives me 1024 tier allotment , I can use it on mainland or in a LH home. In a LH I have the advantage  of a home that doesn't count towards prim limit, 

Extra bonus, lovely landscape areas, railways, water regions for sailing or boating. I'm not paying that, I'm paying the 1024 parcel and 351 prims. That is the premium allotment  I never noticed if there are or not couples poses since I'm SL single, but at my home, the 1024 my premium pays, my furniture all has couple poses (I don't even need it, it is sold like that). 

• Like 2

Upon further reflection, I would now advise Linden Lab to NEVER put couples poses in a public bench, unless you desire an ending like this. Consider this photo of two sitting on a bench in Buffalo Springs. Should these two be strangers, as is possible in a public space... and should the bench have couple poses that can be selected unilaterally by one of the sitters... then inappropriate touching could occur.

diamond and emerald on bench_001.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Sadly, I think that we will not see a couple anim in public furniture.  I was in a couple for over 10 years, and it would have been nice to have a simple couple pose in public furniture.  But the concern Diamond voices is real. 

The poses available in public furniture have evolved a little over time - this bench in Newbank has 4 poses with swap, and with these two solo poses chosen, this pair looks like they are subtly holding hands.  Adding a couple pose would not increase the load on the region at all - mole furniture is almost all AVsitter scripted.  But aside from the "unwanted touching" problem, it is hard to choose and adjust a couple pose so that some couples aren't sticking a hand through their partner, or floating an arm six inches away.

sitting_008.jpg.0667861622c707e508bce7c76ceeaff1.jpg

Incidentally, in the realm of cute things the moles DO create in public spaces, I just noticed that this fountain in Newbank is animated - that is, it goes from off, to a low burbling around the sphere, to the triumphant spout you see here.  Hee!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Upon further reflection, I would now advise Linden Lab to NEVER put couples poses in a public bench, unless you desire an ending like this. Consider this photo of two sitting on a bench in Buffalo Springs. Should these two be strangers, as is possible in a public space... and should the bench have couple poses that can be selected unilaterally by one of the sitters... then inappropriate touching could occur.

I agree with you there. But I would suggest two separate sits, one in each end, with ordinary sit poses.

EDIT: I see that @Nika Talajposted that two avatars can sit next to each other on a bench. Then, I do not see what it's to be complaining about. Cuddling can people do at home, yes?

I never tried to sit two on a bench in Belisseria, and I got the impression from the OP that only one avatar can sit.

• Like 5

I can see good reason why no couple poses are included in public communal furniture and it's something that has happened to me. Once i was sat in my mainland home just AFKing or something like that on a chair that happened to have adult animations some bloke came in and decided it was acceptable to join me on the chair and use me as a blow up doll, i wasn't too fussed at the time as my attention was averted elsewhere. If this was LL provided public communal land and furniture i can see people being alarmed if someone rocks up and chooses to go for the couple pose

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

It's usually the opposite problem. Something looks like a single person seat, but it's loaded with couple animations. I'm cautious about sitting on public seats as a result and will stand up again if I see couple poses. I usually sit because I'm going to be busy with something for a bit, so I don't want to have to monitor that.

Keep in mind that even a fairly PG couple pose might get you in trouble if someone decides to grief you with a naked child avatar, take a picture, and then report you. Keep couple poses to places where you can control the furniture and access.

• Like 2

for public PG snuggling can get a vehicle with those poses in it. Park up somewhere and have a PG cuddle up

can make a picnic blanket that can move like a vehicle. Rez on nearest rez zone, Sit. Motor to a fav spot on the beach and here we are. Just don't stand up and we are good

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are paying for a Linden House.  We are lucky that they decided to create Bellisseria with the nice landscaping, roads, rez areas, railroads, etc... rather than minimal landscaping like the old Linden Home regions.  And they didn't have to take the time to put in any items that folks could sit/lay on.  Just dropping animations in a object doesn't do anyone any good unless someone takes the time to adjust the poses -- and that takes Mole time away from other work.  

I have indeed paid for my linden home and luck has nothing to do with the landscaping of Belli. We were owed that and it's about time we got something decent for our money. If you had any understanding of how poses work in furniture (I am partnered to a furniture creator) you would know that they are adjusted quickly and it only needs to be done once as the moles can keep throwing down the same bench over and over. It's not brain surgery or anywhere near as painful as laying rail track or roads. Put it in perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Being single in SL for most of 15 years, I have never known your pain, @Gemma Jackman I find it really ironic, since most furniture is geared toward adult entertainment. I lost my RL husband shortly after joining. SL helped to navigate the grief. I’m happy there are benches to take in the spectacular views strategically placed throughout Belli. You’re more fortunate than you know.

I'm sorry to read about the loss of your husband and I'm glad that SL has helped your grieving process. I do find the views beautiful throughout Belli but instead of sitting alone looking at it, I'd like to share it with my husband in an affectionate pose. Not sitting side by side looking like two strangers waiting for a bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gemma Jackman said:

We were owed that and it's about time we got something decent for our money. If you had any understanding of how poses work in furniture (I am partnered to a furniture creator) you would know that they are adjusted quickly and it only needs to be done once as the moles can keep throwing down the same bench over and over. It's not brain surgery or anywhere near as painful as laying rail track or roads. Put it in perspective.

We have got something more than decent for our money. The fact is that you have a particular view on the poses, which is fine, but it is just your opinion.

Put that in perspective and please show some respect towards the work the Moles have been doing for three years; there are many ways to discuss our view on Bellisseria without disrespecting others.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

diamond and emerald on bench_001.jpg

If you decide to sit on a PG rated bench with a couple pose, go afk and then come back to find a random avatar groping you. Well. That's on you.

SL is a social and VISUAL experience. Like I said in a post above - I don't want to sit like in the picture above. The two avatars look like strangers waiting for a bus.

There are couple posed furniture at the Tree House and at Campwich Lodge. The precedent has already been set.  

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sadly, I think that we will not see a couple anim in public furniture.  I was in a couple for over 10 years, and it would have been nice to have a simple couple pose in public furniture.  But the concern Diamond voices is real. 

The poses available in public furniture have evolved a little over time - this bench in Newbank has 4 poses with swap, and with these two solo poses chosen, this pair looks like they are subtly holding hands.  Adding a couple pose would not increase the load on the region at all - mole furniture is almost all AVsitter scripted.  But aside from the "unwanted touching" problem, it is hard to choose and adjust a couple pose so that some couples aren't sticking a hand through their partner, or floating an arm six inches away.

sitting_008.jpg.0667861622c707e508bce7c76ceeaff1.jpg

Incidentally, in the realm of cute things the moles DO create in public spaces, I just noticed that this fountain in Newbank is animated - that is, it goes from off, to a low burbling around the sphere, to the triumphant spout you see here.  Hee!

I agree that the street furniture at Newbrook has improved pose wise. However I do not agree with Diamond's concern. Like I said in my reply above - don't leave your avatar unattended on couple posed furniture. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I agree with you there. But I would suggest two separate sits, one in each end, with ordinary sit poses.

EDIT: I see that @Nika Talajposted that two avatars can sit next to each other on a bench. Then, I do not see what it's to be complaining about. Cuddling can people do at home, yes?

I never tried to sit two on a bench in Belisseria, and I got the impression from the OP that only one avatar can sit.

Far out people. I know that I can cuddle at home but ffs I want to cuddle with my loved one in public areas. The precedent has been set at Campwich Lodge and the Tree House so why not in the minor public places over looking the sea or fountains at Newbrook Community Centre? Linden Labs have provided a system for partnering so why not let us cuddle in a public area within Bellisseria? We are grown arse adults so let us behave as such. 

13 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I can see good reason why no couple poses are included in public communal furniture and it's something that has happened to me. Once i was sat in my mainland home just AFKing or something like that on a chair that happened to have adult animations some bloke came in and decided it was acceptable to join me on the chair and use me as a blow up doll, i wasn't too fussed at the time as my attention was averted elsewhere. If this was LL provided public communal land and furniture i can see people being alarmed if someone rocks up and chooses to go for the couple pose

Being used as a blow up doll on coupled posed furniture is YOUR problem! Don't go afk when your avatar is in a public space or if you do, STAND UP! Sheesh.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.