You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Mollymews said:

for public PG snuggling can get a vehicle with those poses in it. Park up somewhere and have a PG cuddle up

can make a picnic blanket that can move like a vehicle. Rez on nearest rez zone, Sit. Motor to a fav spot on the beach and here we are. Just don't stand up and we are good

That's what we have been doing, Mollymews. The thing is, as a premium member, I see it as my God given right to request couple poses so that I don't have to do all that you described. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

We have got something more than decent for our money. The fact is that you have a particular view on the poses, which is fine, but it is just your opinion.

Put that in perspective and please show some respect towards the work the Moles have been doing for three years; there are many ways to discuss our view on Bellisseria without disrespecting others.

Oh please. The Moles are not working for free. I appreciate their hard work but never forget it's their paid job to build Bellisseria and if I am unhappy with something they've decided to build, I have every right to voice it respectfully.

• Like 1

You were doing so well before you started to blame people for being harassed. Simply sitting on a piece of furniture is not an invitation.

That aside I'd actually like to see PG couple poses in furniture around Belli and other public areas. Actually though we already had those?

Griefers aren't good enough reason to not to - if these kinds want to put your avatar in a compromised position, they can even without convinient couple pose being available.

• Like 3

Just now, Gemma Jackman said:

The thing is, as a premium member, I see it as my God given right to request couple poses so that I don't have to do all that you described. 

another way is with a couple's hud.  You sit, partner sits (on anything). Hud script gets the sit position and rotation of both avatars, then plays the couples animations automagically correcting for the position offsets

not sure if there is any commercial hud that does this already. Is tho a fairly trivial addition to an existing couples animation script for a scripter who is into making couple huds and/or sitters 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

another way is with a couple's hud.  You sit, partner sits (on anything). Hud script gets the sit position and rotation of both avatars, then plays the couples animations automagically correcting for the position offsets

not sure if there is any commercial hud that does this already. Is tho a fairly trivial addition to an existing couples animation script for a scripter who is into making couple huds and/or sitters 

I've only seen the standing ones, like OMY and RKN make.

Just now, Gemma Jackman said:

I've only seen the standing ones, like OMY and RKN make.

this conversation may have found a space in the marketplace for an enterprising creator. Make a auto-positioning sit anywhere on anything couples hud

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, June Starlight said:

You were doing so well before you started to blame people for being harassed. Simply sitting on a piece of furniture is not an invitation.

That aside I'd actually like to see PG couple poses in furniture around Belli and other public areas. Actually though we already had those?

Griefers aren't good enough reason to not to - if these kinds want to put your avatar in a compromised position, they can even without convinient couple pose being available.

Besides pushing, another avatar cannot control yours (like deforming another avatar) unless you give them "permission to animate". Admittingly trolls do have sneaky ways of getting you to hit the okay button on those pop ups. 

We have a bench under a bridge adjacent our Trad home that is couple posed. So yes, they are around but very rare. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this conversation may have found a space in the marketplace for an enterprising creator. Make a auto-positioning sit anywhere on anything couples hud

Vista Animations have a walker hud that does a million things but it needs to rez poseballs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gemma Jackman said:

hud that does a million things

if it was 2007 again then I would make it myself when I was 15 years younger and much more full of beans.I don't tho have the inclination these days to do customer support anymore.

is a pretty straight-foward scripting exercise tho. Could even be done so is AvSitter notecard menu compatible which would suit quite a few people. Maybe some one with scripting beans will come by  read this and go oooo! and make it

Edited by Mollymews
gram
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemma Jackman said:

Being used as a blow up doll on coupled posed furniture is YOUR problem! Don't go afk when your avatar is in a public space or if you do, STAND UP! Sheesh.

This was in private space, while I don't have a problem with people entering my mainland or Bellisseria property and have even caught people using my place to enjoy some adult playtime. In 14 years i have found 'intruders' a very rare occurrence and aside from the one isolated incident they can't teleport away fast enough when they notice me

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

This was in private space, while I don't have a problem with people entering my mainland or Bellisseria property and have even caught people using my place to enjoy some adult playtime. In 14 years i have found 'intruders' a very rare occurrence and aside from the one isolated incident they can't teleport away fast enough when they notice me

My experience also, both in mainland, in Bellisseria and  rentals in several private regions  through the years. 15 years ago it was more usual to find people in my spaces, usually newcomers with lots of questions. I was in the Lab Mentor program and always tried to help. 

The obnoxious ones that appeared from time to time got my wasps. Fun times.

Also, even if you were sitting in a public space no-one has the right to abuse. Never. In Sl or in RL

• Like 5

I did a little more digging, and now I think I agree with Gemma's request (tho yes, the tone could use a little work!).  I think the moles could buy a few benches and/or sofas with couple poses, remove those which are touchy caresses & kisses, and dot them more liberally around SL, without increasing risk.  Couples would really enjoy a simple arm around each other, even if the pose is not very cuddly.

9 hours ago, Gemma Jackman said:

The precedent has been set at Campwich Lodge and the Tree House

I did not know this (I assume you mean Randelsham by 'Tree House').  So I went and sat on a BUNCH of stuff at Campwich, and did not find any mole-made furniture with couple poses.  But I did find an Apple Fall sofa on a balcony with couple poses; nothing terribly intimate but there was one caress-with-smooch.  Personally, I might remove that pose.

And there was also something that my partner and I had noticed with delight earlier: a dance ball that includes couple dances, including one or two romantic ones.  [The addition of dance balls to the Community Centers is WONDERFUL, in my view.]   You have to explicitly sit on a dance poseball to use it.  Having couples dances at Campwich makes a great deal of sense, since it is a terrific wedding venue.  In fact, you can put on your own wedding with reception there any time using the Nomad Wed-O-Matic gadget right off the main hall, where the dance ball is.  If you derender the dancing Elvis (LOL Abnor!), you can even have someone you care about be the celebrant.  Or you can go with Elvis!  The Nomad gadget has a whole Vegas-worthy ceremony built into it, complete with obvious wedding photographer poses, lol.  And yes, there are a couple of smooches.  I think this is great.

wedding_001.jpg.5d93b4222bcd7d953b4766de1b36cf84.jpg

I also read the Dec. 2021 New York Post article pointed to by Diamond.  With typically sloppy Post reporting, they don't say what the alleged "groping" actually was.  Should LL fear an article like this, buried in the avalanche of sensationalism that is the Post?   Probably so, but I wonder if uninvited but not intimate touching on a sofa/bench that you could simply stand up to avoid would be regarded as a reportable incident.  Later in the article they detail another reported incident, which is VERY different from what we're discussing.

Aaron Stanton, co-developer of the VR game Quivr, remembers an ordeal in 2016 when a gamer, Jordan Belamire, reported getting “groped in virtual reality” while hunting zombies and demons in the game. User BigBro442, whose avatar was merely one disembodied head and two floating hands, reportedly chased Belamire and grabbed her chest and crotch, then refused to pull away as she cried stop. 

I also have to point out that legal experts opine that this:

Being used as a blow up doll on coupled posed furniture is YOUR problem! Don't go afk when your avatar is in a public space or if you do, STAND UP! 

is not a valid defense for a company to invoke.   BUT - adult (blowup doll) poses are already outlawed in public areas, and certainly no mole will ever violate that dictum.  If mole-provided couple poses are confined to PG level, I now think they'd be fine.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to read about the loss of your husband and I'm glad that SL has helped your grieving process. I do find the views beautiful throughout Belli but instead of sitting alone looking at it, I'd like to share it with my husband in an affectionate pose. Not sitting side by side looking like two strangers waiting for a bus.

Surely you can enjoy the views without being in an affectionate pose with your husband?  Can't you just have a cuddle at home before or after?

You're not one of these clingy women who have to be attached to their OH... claiming him as yours by sitting on his lap and letting every other female know he's not available to flirt with are you? 

Also in my experience with men in SL putting these poses in public furniture will only lead to them getting sexually aroused. 

I say do what you want in your own space but keep the public communal furniture as it is. 

Edited by Fleur Aurelia
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 1

I have a request. Can we please all be careful on the tone of our posts and keep any personal digs out of them?

Personally I almost never sit in the public places... my avatar likes to stand (as do I in RL). But I can see both sides of the issue.. both make valid points.

However, these points would be more effective if we all leave entitlement attitude, hostile tone and/or personal digs out of the discussion. :)

(This is not directed at any one poster, just the thread in general)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Before moving to Bellisseria, I lived on mainland for nearly 13 years, nearly 12 of which were as a Premium member. On mainland I did not expect any LL public furniture and relatively few public roads or land. A Premium subscription entitles us to the benefits outlined as part of a Premium subscription package . It does not entitle us to public space animations of any kind, custom landscaping, nor being demanding and disparaging toward Linden Lab employees.

Moles are contractual workers who are also residents on their personal accounts. I'm sure they work hard to make a beautiful virtual environment for us, their fellow residents. I think most of us here appreciate their work and their good humor toward our playful kvetching for more and more additions and changes to our virtual world.  

Please be kind to our Moles and Linden employees. Without them, this world would not be the one we love and cherish.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

Surely you can enjoy the views without being in an affectionate pose with your husband?  Can't you just have a cuddle at home before or after?

You're not one of these clingy women who have to be attached to their OH... claiming him as yours by sitting on his lap and letting every other female know he's not available to flirt with are you? 

Also in my experience with men in SL putting these poses in public furniture will only lead to them getting sexually aroused. 

I say do what you want in your own space but keep the public communal furniture as it is. 

I don't even know what to say to this. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

LMAO! Are you serious? That's all it takes to get a man aroused is putting a couple pose in public furniture? I'm hanging out in the wrong areas I guess.  

I don't see what the issue is with asking for this or the accusation to the OP that she doesn't appreciate what the moles do and they have better things to do. Where that came from I don't know.  All she suggested was putting one couple pose in the furniture.  She didn't ask for XXX poses. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

LMAO! Are you serious? That's all it takes to get a man aroused is putting a couple pose in public furniture? I'm hanging out in the wrong areas I guess.  

I don't see what the issue is with asking for this or the accusation to the OP that she doesn't appreciate what the moles do and they have better things to do. Where that came from I don't know.  All she suggested was putting one couple pose in the furniture.  She didn't ask for XXX poses. 

Exactly!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Thank you Sam. I honestly can't deal any longer with the mentality within this thread.

Edited by Gemma Jackman
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:08 PM, Gemma Jackman said:

I'm really disappointed in the quality of the poses in Linden made street furniture. This furniture is prominent throughout Bellisseria and consists of benches, beach towels and chairs. Why can't we have PG couple poses? My understanding is that all the regions in Belli are rated Moderate so why no couple poses????

most of the time i will use an animation overrider or play a sitting animation of my own and adjust the height and so on w the frunitures' hud. not all poses work best for everyone, generally they are okay some could use tweaking. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, Polenth Yue said:

Keep in mind that even a fairly PG couple pose might get you in trouble if someone decides to grief you with a naked child avatar, take a picture, and then report you. Keep couple poses to places where you can control the furniture and access.

crazies can already do that with moded hug huds pervy animations. 

On 5/6/2022 at 10:24 AM, Nika Talaj said:
On 5/6/2022 at 1:33 AM, Gemma Jackman said:

The precedent has been set at Campwich Lodge and the Tree House

I did not know this (I assume you mean Randelsham by 'Tree House').  So I went and sat on a BUNCH of stuff at Campwich, and did not find any mole-made furniture with couple poses.  But I did find an Apple Fall sofa on a balcony with couple poses; nothing terribly intimate but there was one caress-with-smooch.  Personally, I might remove that pose

Yah this would reduce any sexual harassment liability. 

It's surprising that there's no cuddle anywhere HUDS given the fact there's all those walkers and xxx ones. It really is a niché someone ought to jump in.

That said, LL doesn't owe it to premiums to have cuddles in their public furniture but, it would surely be nice to have it.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.