IMing randomers

Robberinthemuseum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I do the airhead Valley Girl thing and just keep on talking and talking without ever really saying anything just talking about having to do my hair or my nails or my makeup and what I'm going to wear it was just a horrible day because my car broke down, my dog ran away with my cat, the horses left the barn door open again so all the pigeons got out, the neighbor's cow stole all my silver spoons and on and on and on without ever taking a breath.

OMG, I love this, too. I'm so doing this the next time I get an IM like that, but with people, because then I can make it extra confusing.

So like ooohhhmaaaagaaaaaawd let me tell you how I am! So like I was like hanging out with Jennie but no not the Jenny I don't like with the Y but like a different one with I-E cuz the other one tries too hard to be like J-Lo you know J-Lo no not Jay-Z but anywaaaay and it was like last year but not really last year cuz it was like almost last year like December of the last year before last year okay, and so like Jennie I-E not the one with the Y came over to my place with Tom, no not Myspace Tom tho omg that'd like totally be the best thing evaaar...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

OMG, I love this, too. I'm so doing this the next time I get an IM like that, but with people, because then I can make it extra confusing.

So like ooohhhmaaaagaaaaaawd let me tell you how I am! So like I was like hanging out with Jennie but no not the Jenny I don't like with the Y but like a different one with I-E cuz the other one tries too hard to be like J-Lo you know J-Lo no not Jay-Z but anywaaaay and it was like last year but not really last year cuz it was like almost last year like December of the last year before last year okay, and so like Jennie I-E not the one with the Y came over to my place with Tom, no not Myspace Tom tho omg that'd like totally be the best thing evaaar...

That rolled off your fingertips so naturally you’re scaring me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

So there have been a lot of threads lately about not sending out IMs to random people in a sim and people being very irritated by that. Well, anyone who knows me, knows that there is nothing I like to do more than lie on the ground, read profiles and send out IMs haha. So anyway, today I went to Cica which is a moderate sim. I was just sitting there and got a reply. We chatted for a while and then went to hang out in the wind tunnel, because zero gravity. While we were flying around in there, she just suddenly removed all her clothes and asked me if I would like to see her sim. I hadn't even been flirting with her because I only had 10 mins before I had to go. Unfortunately I couldn't join her ☹️, but this kind of thing happens to me quite often haha. So the moral of the story is, don't be discouraged and keep being your friendly self. A lot of people are too shy to break the ice. I was just looking for conversation at the time, nothing sexy.

So yeah, that's all from me lol. I'll probably get a lot of abuse for this post, but it had to be said. Devils advocate and all that. haha

dont hear all that paranoid ladies  above ,

keep keep sending out random IM to stranger.

according to my research

ladies actually like random im

they just pretend.

anchorman-movies.gif.efba503e2f49f3d43f2cecc11fedb552.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I do the airhead Valley Girl thing and just keep on talking and talking without ever really saying anything just talking about having to do my hair or my nails or my makeup and what I'm going to wear it was just a horrible day because my car broke down, my dog ran away with my cat, the horses left the barn door open again so all the pigeons got out, the neighbor's cow stole all my silver spoons and on and on and on without ever taking a breath.

I have done this exact thing several times in response to unwanted sexual advances. 

I, also, love to ramble on about nonsense to new neighbors after I take a seat in chairs in their houses. It's never threatening or sexual in nature (and never if they are with someone,) just a 'welcome to the neighborhood' and a general chat "at" them about whatever I find in the area, their profiles, the decorating.  I can type fast enough that they can barely get a word in.  I like to leave Tolstoy-long ramblings in the IMs of AFK avatars as well.  The ramblings are friendly enough that it is usually well received.

That is the extent of my griefing and trolling in SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

omg .. just 

gh9xO2I.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You don't even need to do the Valley Girl part. The airhead is what sends them running every time. 🤭

I'm just glad you didn't gag on a spoon or something cuz that would be so grody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That rolled off your fingertips so naturally you’re scaring me.

LMAO, I actually used to do a much slower, flatter version of that on Discord voice chat with a friend of mine. I added "Send tweet." at the end of every other sentence and rambled on about absolutely nothing. It used to send us into hysterics - tears running, wheezing, no sound coming out hysterics. Shamelessly inspired by this Sims Kardashian parody vid we saw on YouTube. My impression was a mix of Khloe and Kim, I suppose. It never occurred to me to troll boring IMs that way, though. It's so much funnier with the actual voice, LOL. 😂

8 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You don't even need to do the Valley Girl part. The airhead is what sends them running every time. 🤭

I'm just glad you didn't gag on a spoon or something cuz that would be so grody.

I was thinking of adding gag me with a spoon in there and derailing it into a conversation about kitchen utensils. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/23/2022 at 3:29 AM, Robberinthemuseum said:

Also, all the gestures in clubs make it difficult to follow public chat 🤷‍♂️

This. So this.

But it can vary wildly by Dj/host/groupies though at the same club.

One well known dance club you can, um, relax and exhale in, the other night? 57 inane repetitive posts in nearby chat between the DJ, host, and two rabid groupies in less than 4 minutes. A previous night, same club, hardly anything. You could actually keep the Nearby chat pane open without wanting to throw something at the screen, you know, and actually focus on the music and atmosphere.

I actually wind up writing names and adding to my block list until I leave the club it gets so bad sometimes.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've barely read the first page of the thread, but I have to ask...

Has anyone (ladies) had a complete stranger (presents male) IM you, start a rather odd conversation with you then start asking you about your sex life with your RL husband? Or am I the only one? 

dungeons-and-dragons-dnd.gif

Ewwwwwwww.

There's also one well-known guy who changes the last few numbers in his name for every alt he starts and hits the submissive groups, repeatedly asking the women in them if they are "IRL submissive and how young did they know". Same line every approach.

Just. Creepy. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Ewwwwwwww.

There's also one well-known guy who changes the last few numbers in his name for every alt he starts and hits the submissive groups, repeatedly asking the women in them if they are "IRL submissive and how young did they know". Same line every approach.

Just. Creepy. 

Wait...that guy is still around???? He must have a thousand alts by now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Ewwwwwwww.

Just. Creepy. 

Oh, that guy. He tucked tail and ran after I got through with him. Apparently, he can't handle women who can think for themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:
On 4/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, MalibuBratz said:

edit: looking back I can see that dudes are definitely creepier lol

So you're prejudiced?

13 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

Prejudiced means having an opinion formed beforehand, especially an unfavorable one. You can be a man and have an unfavorable opinion of men.

One might wonder if the "dudes" MalibuBratz referred to were only those in his rear view mirror. Still, given the context, any potential extrapolation seems limited.

I can be a woman and have the opinion that most rapes are committed by men.

You seem to understand what prejudice means, what leads you to believe MalibuBratz expressed it? Did I?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You seem to understand what prejudice means, what leads you to believe MalibuBratz expressed it? Did I?

Prejudice means preconceived judgment or opinion, so yes you did. The data supports your prejudice, but what if more men are convicted of rape and receive much harsher punishments because of that prejudice?

I've noticed a lot of prejudiced statements made against men in the forum, which is why I noted that post by MalibuBratz. Here's some one that is more straightforward:

dude, I just try to be honest.

thats is trrue men is the main problem in sl.

most girefer > man

catfishing > man

Edited by Randall Ahren
Trying to make post not-hidden. Don't know how I made it hidden.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Prejudice means preconceived judgment or opinion, so yes you did. The data supports your prejudice, but what if more men are convicted of rape and receive much harsher punishments because of that prejudice?

I've noticed a lot of prejudiced statements made against men in the forum, which is why I noted that post by MalibuBratz. Here's some one that is more straightforward:

most girefer > man

catfishing > man

• Haha 2

It's also easy to come across as unintentionally sexist.

It's been my experience in all of my 16 years here, guys open with "how how r u" and then proceed to try for sex, or more likely just go silent. Girls just don't .. that's not to say plenty aren't after sex, but there is at least some flirting, and they never just announce their existence with a "hi" and then drop the ball .. or get angry if you ask what they messaged you about.

None is that is intended to be a slight against men, that's just a summary of interactions where people didn't have a specific non sex thing to bring up. I've had hundreds of great conversations that started with "hi, I just bought .. " or "hi, i need help with .. "

Edited by Coffee Pancake
typo
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

most girefer > man

catfishing > man

thats me

me post that 😁

22 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:
On 4/24/2022 at 10:35 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

most girefer > man

catfishing > man

MalibuBratz offered an opinion based on past experience, from which you intimated pre-judice.

I offered an opinion backed up by a significant body of historical evidence and you outright call me prejudiced. Note that I said "most rapes are committed by men" while the US government report cited in the underlying link says that nearly 99% of perpetrators of rape and sexual assault are male. My use of "most" was intentional, and encapsulates my understanding that there is historical bias in the creation of such statistics. Here's an example trying to unwind that...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sexual-victimization-by-women-is-more-common-than-previously-known/

Still, that does not cast doubt on my claim that most rapes are committed by men, but does hint at why I said most and not 99%.

My personal experience with, and opinion of, men in SL and RL has been overwhelmingly positive, and I've been saying that here for years...
https://community.secondlife.com/search/?&q=fellas&quick=1&author=madelaine mcmasters&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

You state that you've "noticed a lot of prejudiced statements made against men in the forum", and quote Kalegthepsionicist as an example. Kalegthepsionicist is not MalibuBratz, and neither of them are me. Curiously, @Kalegthepsionicistthanked you for citing him as an example of prejudiced thinking, so I won't deny it exists in this thread.

Once again, prejudice is a "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience". MalibuBratz recounted his own experience, and I expressed an opinion based on reason, informed by evidence. You are more than welcome to refute my claim. I look forward to seeing evidence that most rapes are not committed by men.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

That sounds like the one girlfriend I had years ago that made me discover alcohol.

Also, if you're looking for a good way to meet strangers, dig up Tony and Ezekiel.

• Like 1

I can stand in a region for an hour as LS and not get one PM. I'm not sure why that is.  If I so happen to actually get a PM it usually goes weird on me in a crazy role play situation I am not into.. I am no good at RP to many rules and structures and paragraph issues I just don't have time for...

For instance... PM: Hi, great show huh?  ME: yeah I love this music. PM: want to dance? Me: Sure. 

PM: holds you close and sniffs your hair. ME: Ohh I think I am .. crash..... ing..... Poof

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

PM: holds you close and sniffs your hair. ME: Ohh I think I am .. crash..... ing..... Poof

This right here is why I added No couples dancing to my profile.  Although, usually it's more like....slides his hands slowly over your curves...because he's picked that old grinding against each other Dance.  Just NO!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.