IMing randomers

Robberinthemuseum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So there have been a lot of threads lately about not sending out IMs to random people in a sim and people being very irritated by that. Well, anyone who knows me, knows that there is nothing I like to do more than lie on the ground, read profiles and send out IMs haha. So anyway, today I went to Cica which is a moderate sim. I was just sitting there and got a reply. We chatted for a while and then went to hang out in the wind tunnel, because zero gravity. While we were flying around in there, she just suddenly removed all her clothes and asked me if I would like to see her sim. I hadn't even been flirting with her because I only had 10 mins before I had to go. Unfortunately I couldn't join her ☚ī¸, but this kind of thing happens to me quite often haha. So the moral of the story is, don't be discouraged and keep being your friendly self. A lot of people are too shy to break the ice. I was just looking for conversation at the time, nothing sexy.

So yeah, that's all from me lol. I'll probably get a lot of abuse for this post, but it had to be said. Devils advocate and all that. haha

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I've had similar experiences. Some people don't even flirt first, suddenly they're just naked and expect you to take them there and then. And if you aren't in the mood or don't feel attracted to them, there's a good chance they'll be 'heartbroken' and never want to talk to you again.

There's even been ones that seemed confused, because 'what more could they do' or the like, as if ripping their clothes off were the most potent tool in their romantic arsenal (pro tip: if it is, rethink your strategy!). 

I enjoy flirtation, I enjoy good conversation and building anticipation .. Heck, I usually even have to tell my partners that they must never approach me in their birthday suit if they want me to do anything to them. I too much enjoy the whole unwrapping process! 

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

So there have been a lot of threads lately about not sending out IMs to random people in a sim and people being very irritated by that. Well, anyone who knows me, knows that there is nothing I like to do more than lie on the ground, read profiles and send out IMs haha. So anyway, today I went to Cica which is a moderate sim. I was just sitting there and got a reply. We chatted for a while and then went to hang out in the wind tunnel, because zero gravity. While we were flying around in there, she just suddenly removed all her clothes and asked me if I would like to see her sim. I hadn't even been flirting with her because I only had 10 mins before I had to go. Unfortunately I couldn't join her ☚ī¸, but this kind of thing happens to me quite often haha. So the moral of the story is, don't be discouraged and keep being your friendly self. A lot of people are too shy to break the ice. I was just looking for conversation at the time, nothing sexy.

So yeah, that's all from me lol. I'll probably get a lot of abuse for this post, but it had to be said. Devils advocate and all that. haha

I didn't notice too many people who disliked random IMs.  The random IMs I dislike, as most do, are the ones that either start by asking personal questions or for the sexy times.  I also don't care for random IMs while at home from someone trolling groups.  I even dislike IMing people on my friend list as I hate to disturb people who might not be feeling social.

I'm like you.  I message people ALL the time but it's nearly always while at clubs where people go to socialize.  That's when I figure people WANT to socialize.  I don't message them at shopping events or if I'm just wandering around someplace I've found on the destination guide to take pics.  

I won't ignore someone who messages unless the first line is something blatantly sexual.  But, I also won't be the one to carry a conversation if all someone says is hello.  You IMed me.  Say something.

• Like 8

Just to clarify (at least for me and a couple others), the main issue is not receiving (or sending) random IMs at all. I love those and respond to everyone who sends one. I've also sent my own.

The main issue that some of us have is when the IM is literally "hi h r u" or a variant of such (hey bb h r u, hi u look gud, hi bb, or the occasional weird "hi come over," followed by a TP request which is really unsettling when you're alone in your house on a private island and the guy isn't even in the same sim). And yeah, I've gotten that type of IM quite a bit. Spelled just like that. If you're with a group of women, sometimes you all get those at once from the same guy, so it becomes obnoxious and tedious because even if you try, the conversation just circles and goes nowhere "I'm fine, thanks, you?" "gud, u bizzy?" "Not at the moment, no." "Wut u doin?" "Shopping." "Wut u buy?" 😐

Any message that actually uses whole words (and even better, sentences!) gets much more than an eyeroll from me.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just to clarify (at least for me and a couple others), the main issue is not receiving (or sending) random IMs at all. I love those and respond to everyone who sends one. I've also sent my own.

The main issue that some of us have is when the IM is literally "hi h r u" or a variant of such (hey bb h r u, hi u look gud, hi bb, or the occasional weird "hi come over," followed by a TP request which is really unsettling when you're alone in your house on a private island and the guy isn't even in the same sim). And yeah, I've gotten that type of IM quite a bit. Spelled just like that. If you're with a group of women, sometimes you all get those at once from the same guy, so it becomes obnoxious and tedious because even if you try, the conversation just circles and goes nowhere "I'm fine, thanks, you?" "gud, u bizzy?" "Not at the moment, no." "Wut u doin?" "Shopping." "Wut u buy?" 😐

Any message that actually uses whole words (and even better, sentences!) gets much more than an eyeroll from me.

That's pretty creepy alright....random tps đŸ˜ļ 

• Like 3

I love IMing people or getting IMs. Im on second life to meet people not just sit around and do my own thing haha. The only ones I dont like are from girls that try to hit on me after acting friendly because I clearly state that i'm gay in my profile so at this point you're just wasting my time lol. 

I'm a pretty extroverted person so I'm not usually scared to IM people, I usually always just compliment their avatar first(usually their outfits especially if its girls so they dont think i'm trying to hit on them lol) and from their answer I can tell if they want to talk or be left alone.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I didn't notice too many people who disliked random IMs.  The random IMs I dislike, as most do, are the ones that either start by asking personal questions or for the sexy times.  I also don't care for random IMs while at home from someone trolling groups.  I even dislike IMing people on my friend list as I hate to disturb people who might not be feeling social.

I'm like you.  I message people ALL the time but it's nearly always while at clubs where people go to socialize.  That's when I figure people WANT to socialize.  I don't message them at shopping events or if I'm just wandering around someplace I've found on the destination guide to take pics.  

I won't ignore someone who messages unless the first line is something blatantly sexual.  But, I also won't be the one to carry a conversation if all someone says is hello.  You IMed me.  Say something.

100% this, too. I didn't even touch on the weird inappropriate comments since at least some of those come in complete sentences, so points for that I guess amirite!!! But yes, I once had a guy start talking to me about my butt while I was browsing hair at Doux. I mean, yes I know it's wonderful, I shaped the dang thing - what else ya got to say, brah?

In my case, the sexual IMs USED to be funny at least, but now they're just boring and uncreative. At least be entertaining with your thirst. Give me more to laugh at!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

tenor.gif

LOL, you thought we were complaining about normal standard conversation this whole time? 😂

Perhaps women do weird things like that to others, too? I don't know - the only IMs I get from other girls are to trade compliments about clothes or hair or something. So maybe you guys have your own horror stories. I saw what you said about random acts of nudity. That's somewhat funny at least.

But yeah, on our side, we've seen some spooky ish!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As someone who plays with all types of different avis I can tell y'all I've got some weird messages from both sides haha. From girls asking me to do threesomes with their boyfriends to random dudes asking me if i'm into "vore" lmao. I've also had a guy told me after about 5/10 minutes into a normal conversation that his first time with a man was actually with a labrador? like what am I supposed to answer to that besides blocking you lol

edit: looking back I can see that dudes are definitely creepier lol

Edited by MalibuBratz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, MalibuBratz said:

As someone who plays with all types of different avis I can tell y'all I've got some weird messages from both sides haha. From girls asking me to do threesomes with their boyfriends to random dudes asking me if i'm into "vore" lmao. I've also had a guy told me after about 5/10 minutes into a normal conversation that his first time with a man was actually with a labrador? like what am I supposed to answer to that besides blocking you lol

OMGGGG, LOL. Maybe that last guy meant a furry? But even then...that's too weird a way to phrase that, lol.

But even in your examples - the girls were like wheeeeeeee let's all get naked. That one guy was trying to eat you!

Kidding btw - there used to be a sim for all kinds of...that, and worse. And I'm pretty sure women hung out there, too. I found it a million years ago and had no idea what it meant (now I do!!!) thinking gee what is this place about - found out real quick. đŸ˜ŗ

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
11 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

was actually with a labrador? like what am I supposed to answer to that besides blocking you lol

OMGGGG, LOL. Maybe that last guy meant a furry? But even then...that's too weird a way to phrase that, lol.

Or poor spelling, and perhaps the guy had a "labret" piercing...!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

But even in your examples - the girls were like wheeeeeeee let's all get naked. That one guy was trying to eat you!

Kidding btw - there used to be a sim for all kinds of...that, and worse. And I'm pretty sure women hung out there, too. I found it a million years ago and had no idea what it meant (now I do!!!) thinking gee what is this place about - found out real quick. đŸ˜ŗ

Haha I wish he was talking about a furry lol I really felt violated when he told me that XD I really hope he was trolling but I asked him if he was and he said "no why would I?"? Like mister maybe because you told me you got *****ed by dog idk? lol

Also yeah the vore thing I had to google what that meant, at first I thought he misspelled gore lol.

edit: also to clarify, he didnt mean SL but RL for the dog thing lol

Edited by MalibuBratz
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Or poor spelling, and perhaps the guy had a "labret" piercing...!

I wish lol he said a "black lab" at first and I was like what's a black lab lol then he told me its a dog and the dots connected lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

Haha I wish he was talking about a furry lol I really felt violated when he told me that XD I really hope he was trolling but I asked him if he was and he said "no why would I?"? Like mister maybe because you told me you got *****ed by dog idk? lol

Also yeah the vore thing I had to google what that meant, at first I thought he misspelled gore lol.

edit: also to clarify, he didnt mean SL but RL for the dog thing lol

I'm going with trolling. There is no way someone's just gonna casually drop that into a conversation, lol. And it's got nothing to do with "first time with a man." He's a trolling fool! 

And yeah that was my first thought about vore, too. Until I found out, lol. SL used to be a wild place. I don't know if those sims still exist - kinda hope not because it was traumatizing finding out about all that in such a visual way LOL. The one I saw was more cooking/cannibalism focused. Looked like a normal town sim at first, until it didn't. Geez.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm going with trolling. There is no way someone's just gonna casually drop that into a conversation, lol. And it's got nothing to do with "first time with a man." He's a trolling fool! 

And yeah that was my first thought about vore, too. Until I found out, lol. SL used to be a wild place. I don't know if those sims still exist - kinda hope not because it was traumatizing finding out about all that in such a visual way LOL. The one I saw was more cooking/cannibalism focused. Looked like a normal town sim at first, until it didn't. Geez.

I really hope lmao

The vore thing I still dont fully understand how it works tbh lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, MalibuBratz said:

I really hope lmao

The vore thing I still dont fully understand how it works tbh lol. 

Lol, it's a bit different from the ... Hannibal experience. I think it's probably closer to an alligator just going to town on ya. Maybe. I'm not going to look it up to verify, LOL. I forget the exact difference. 

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People sometimes drop escalating perversions into conversations to test your tolerance for such things.

Sure! I'm used to that happening after a few months or longer of getting to know somebody. But that seems a bit...fast, for such confessions LOL.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol, it's a bit different from the ... Hannibal experience. I think it's probably closer to an alligator just going to town on ya. Maybe. I'm not going to look it up to verify, LOL. I forget the exact difference. 

How do people even think about stuff like this lol

Edited by MalibuBratz
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.