IMing randomers

Robberinthemuseum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've barely read the first page of the thread, but I have to ask...

Has anyone (ladies) had a complete stranger (presents male) IM you, start a rather odd conversation with you then start asking you about your sex life with your RL husband? Or am I the only one? 

dungeons-and-dragons-dnd.gif

thankfully no, but i have had guys suddenly start talking about intimate details of their relations with their rl wives. 

image.jpeg.a5788130891a3bf3f8aca8c49c4e1a2a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

I've barely read the first page of the thread, but I have to ask...

Has anyone (ladies) had a complete stranger (presents male) IM you, start a rather odd conversation with you then start asking you about your sex life with your RL husband? Or am I the only one? 

dungeons-and-dragons-dnd.gif

Why in the world would 4 people laugh at this? It was not a joke. It was not funny. It was extremely invasive and unpleasant. Whatever pleasure you got from your Schadenfreude; I hope you remember this the next time someone laughs at your misfortune.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Once again, prejudice is a "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience".

There are multiple definitions; it depends on the source. Usually, the most common meaning is listed first, and then less common definitions. My definition was from Miriam-Webster "preconceived judgment or opinion," definition 2(a)(1), which does not include limitations about not being based on reason or actual experience.

• Haha 1

the idea for anti random IM is ridiculous,

all noob will start random IM people once they hit the world. when they feel rejected They will leave SL. how many people can understand SL mechanism and patiently learn it by themself for weeks ?

SL is complicated and helper , TBH not help much. learning user interface and inworld mechanism need long time and people will give up  once they feel lonely inworld.

newuser that seek slex i belives they are alts. or returned old user.

so

this is my suggestion,

remove slex ability for user under 1 yrold.and user with only basic membership.

will clean up the SL from

what you called predator.

this also removes predator alts ability to target noob.

you want a changes ?  do something. rather than create unfriendly social atmosphere.

ps : for all ladies or gents in forum that consistenly sound , no looking sLex, should stand by my side for this.

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

all noob will start random IM people once they hit the world. when they feel rejected They will leave SL. how many people can understand SL mechanism and patiently learn it by themself for weeks ?

SL is complicated and helper , TBH not help much. learning user interface and inworld mechanism need long time and people will give up  once they feel lonely inworld.

so

this is my suggestion,

you want a changes ?  do something. rather than create unfriendly social atmosphere.

ps : for all ladies or gents in forum that consistenly sound , no looking sLex, should stand by my side for this.

I'm confused...

How does LL identify some pose as sexual to block it from a user thats either basic account or under 1 year?

How is one considered a predator to block communication to a noob?

For myself I have no interest in SLex but I dont see any of the above possible quite frankly.  😵

• Like 3

is all getting a bit silly this conversation. Sooo in the interest of silly then I propose there be a new  category for Avatar Profiles

H for Horny

people can change their avatar profile status to H for Horny

and other people, the Not H for Horny people, can automagically block all IMs from the H for Horny people

and the H for Horny people will go yeah! block me! you Not H for Horny person, and when perving profiles they will go woohoo! a other H for Horny person and IM them. Hiiii! wanna have the sex ?

and that other H for Horny person will go: I am already having the sex !!! Want to come and have a threesome or a five or a six some !!  And that other H for Horny person will go: Yes! please! \o/ !!! and all them people be double HH for Horny and Happy !

and the Not H for Horny people just be H for Happy. Which is not the same H as H for Horny. More like a little h but still happy !

😸 

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

so

this is my suggestion,

I'm not in SL for sex nor am I premium. Why do you want to force me out of SL?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

is all getting a bit silly this conversation. Sooo in the interest of silly then I propose there be a new  category for Avatar Profiles

H for Horny

and other people, the Not H for Horny people, can automagically block all IMs from the H for Horny people

and the H for Horny people will go yeah! block me! you Not H for Horny person, and when perving profiles they will go woohoo! a other H for Horny person and IM them. Hiiii! wanna have the sex ?

and that other H for Horny person will go: I am already having the sex !!! Want to come and have a threesome or a five or a six some !!  And that other H for Horny person will go: Yes! please! \o/ !!! and all them people be double HH for Horny and Happy !

and the Not H for Horny people just be H for Happy. Which is not the same H as H for Horny. More like a little h but still happy !

😸

rdlN8Tw.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

I'm confused...

How does LL identify some pose as sexual to block it from a user thats either basic account or under 1 year?

For myself I have no interest in SLex but I dont see any of the above possible quite frankly.  😵

let me think.

ah I know.

just put that in Tos so ppl can report it

• Haha 1

I'm confused...

that-was-sarcasm-anti.gif.4a8867699711548912cb4fd8380f7e68.gifjim-carrey-look(1).gif.ae8f67df8037b6dfe57e5ccf79bb33e1.gif

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

H for Horny

😸

challenge for our SL scriper  for that.

autodetect H.

LoL or radar to detect horny around 🤣

• Like 1

I'm confused...

ok dont confuse thats sarcasm Lol

of course LL will not remove it,  LoL

and if ypu still do not onow why, try ask forum helper.

7 minutes ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

is still confused... 😵

Slex is the primal commodity that SL offer .

do a research .

according to my reserach, you see many people here complain random slex IM. its mean there are Lots horny guy.

but LL doeant care about you that anti SLex.

LL more con ern to that horney guy

because thaths why you can find TONS sexual stuff on market.

and horny guy can spoil money , hmmm profit . more income for LL.

still confuse ?

drolink coffee and read again.

Just now, Kalegthepsionicist said:

Slex is the primal commodity that SL offer .

do a research .

according to my reserach, you see many people here complain random slex IM. its mean there are Lots horny guy.

but LL doeant care about you that anti SLex.

LL more con ern to that horney guy

because thaths why yoi xan find TONS sexual stuff on market.

and horny guy can spoil money , hmmm profit for LL

Oh you didnt pick up on my sarcasm? My bad I'll do better next time. 😉

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

It's not random IMs that are the problem. I have absolutely no issue with a random newbie IMing me and asking me "I'm stuck with something, can you help?"

The problem is with random IMs that start with "Hi, how R U?", move on to invasive RL questions and end with "wanna slexxor?" (if you let them get that far). 

Restricting sexual activity to avatars of 1 year and older won't help. Most of these IMs aren't from new users. They're from 12-year old avatars with blank profiles, or profiles with a long list of adult groups in them. In any case there's no way to identify a sexual animation from a non-sexual one. The only way to achieve it would be to restrict new users to G-rated regions for a year.  And yeah, no, with the majority of shops and shopping events and residential land being M-rated, that won't work at all.

• Like 5

If it's a stranger in the same sim as me, or worse standing near me sending me an IM stating "hi", it simply gets the image.png.2d753ba8e6130b293c8038c0f0023651.png clicked

In my experience it's never a good sign when somebody who is in the same space as you chooses not to make the effort to come over to you to talk to you face to face.

To me it's kind of like how it's difficult to trust somebody to be being sincere with you when they won't look you in the eyes. Only once I already trust a person am I likely to socialize in IM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

It's not random IMs that are the problem. I have absolutely no issue with a random newbie IMing me and asking me "I'm stuck with something, can you help?"

The problem is with random IMs that start with "Hi, how R U?", move on to invasive RL questions and end with "wanna slexxor?" (if you let them get that far). 

Restricting sexual activity to avatars of 1 year and older won't help. Most of these IMs aren't from new users. They're from 12-year old avatars with blank profiles, or profiles with a long list of adult groups in them. In any case there's no way to identify a sexual animation from a non-sexual one. The only way to achieve it would be to restrict new users to G-rated regions for a year.  And yeah, no, with the majority of shops and shopping events and residential land being M-rated, that won't work at all.

well actually when I use my kid alt in G rate still get im from ugly woman avi than wannt to nomnomnom me

29 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

If it's a stranger in the same sim as me, or worse standing near me sending me an IM stating "hi", it simply gets the image.png.2d753ba8e6130b293c8038c0f0023651.png clicked

In my experience it's never a good sign when somebody who is in the same space as you chooses not to make the effort to come over to you to talk to you face to face.

To me it's kind of like how it's difficult to trust somebody to be being sincere with you when they won't look you in the eyes. Only once I already trust a person am I likely to socialize in IM.

I very rarely, if ever, walk up to people when I engage them; I'll send an IM first to see whether they're interested in chatting - then I might walk up to them if we do end up having a chat. To me it would feel more invasive to get up into someone's face without first establishing contact.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I very rarely, if ever, walk up to people when I engage them; I'll send an IM first to see whether they're interested in chatting - then I might walk up to them if we do end up having a chat. To me it would feel more invasive to get up into someone's face without first establishing contact.

I second this. Many times I don't notice public chat unless I'm already in a social mindset. I'm mostly iming because I tend to tp around a lot too 

2 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

oh and actually i know someone tell me in G rate they can do nomnom but i block that retard woman since she wont stop talking and act like einstein when talk me.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.