Tired of being single on sl

7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Hasn't it occurred to you that plenty of guys are played by girls?

fewer than guy play female

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently, he's surveyed ALL SL residents.  Mmhm, ok.

So, in conclusion to this and some other thread, the main problem in SL is....men.

They cause issues for women by using female avatars thus creating issues for other men who are deathly afraid they might be rubbing pixels with another man.  

And again, who pays the price of these men's antics?  Women, who somehow have to prove they are women to keep your fragile male ego intact.

Did I get that right?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are a a few guys who play women in SL, but they're a small minority.

Not at all trying to be combative, but I'd be curious to know what you consider a "small minority". I'd wager maybe 25% of the female avatars I run across are being driven by males. Most rather unconvincingly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Apparently, he's surveyed ALL SL residents.  Mmhm, ok.

So, in conclusion to this and some other thread, the main problem in SL is....men.

They cause issues for women by using female avatars thus creating issues for other men who are deathly afraid they might be rubbing pixels with another man.  

And again, who pays the price of these men's antics?  Women, who somehow have to prove they are women to keep your fragile male ego intact.

Did I get that right?

handshake-eager.gif.d934dd04c8ed2f96212bb6889f82d0af.gif

yes , male is the main problem in SL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

handshake-eager.gif.d934dd04c8ed2f96212bb6889f82d0af.gif

yes , male is the main problem in SL.

This entire topic and in many others  points to this goal: to affirm males are a problem in SL or to advance some cultural agenda.

This is the prevailing attitude here, so time to step out now

Edited by entity0x
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, entity0x said:

These entire topic and many others points to this goal: to affirm males are a problem in SL.

I did my best to offer solutions, possible ways to react, doesn't matter - this is the attitude here, so time to step out now

dude, I just try to be honest.

thats is trrue men is the main problem in sl.

most girefer > man

catfishing > man

what else...

let me think..

need coofee

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, entity0x said:

This entire topic and in many others  points to this goal: to affirm males are a problem in SL or to advance some cultural agenda.

This is the prevailing attitude here, so time to step out now

there are no cultural agenda I believe .

man are less be trusted because of past  experience, .

remember my first days here, I ask people where you leave (in sl ) and she freak out,

and later i realize why this happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Not at all trying to be combative, but I'd be curious to know what you consider a "small minority". I'd wager maybe 25% of the female avatars I run across are being driven by males. Most rather unconvincingly.

I have no way to know how many female avatars active on the grid are on average played by male users. I suspect the number would vary depending on where they are on the grid. Adult sims, maybe a quarter to half of them? Women's clothing stores or roleplay sims, I'll guess less than 10 to 20%? I have no way to measure the real statistics, but based on people I've talked with , I'll throw out 20% as a wild guess. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I have no way to know how many female avatars active on the grid are on average played by male users. I suspect the number would vary depending on where they are on the grid. Adult sims, maybe a quarter to half of them? Women's clothing stores or roleplay sims, I'll guess less than 10 to 20%? I have no way to measure the real statistics, but based on people I've talked with , I'll throw out 20% as a wild guess. 

if they put this

dont ask gender

lol tey are guy or trans.

or playing oppositegenderi with they real.

some toon alt always put that

i dont mix real and sl

Lol

thats is ridiculous, only master of diguise can really separated sl and rl

@BobBarley  avoid avi that put that in their profile they ussually toons

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 5:47 PM, BobBarley said:

Well, since I'm always single on sl, I might as well give up seeking a relationship. I don't want to give up, but I don't think finding romance with a female, is going to be easy at this point. So my question is, should I just give up?

You say you want a relationship, and in your profile you say that your real life is no one's business. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with either position, but they're sort of pushing in different directions.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

It's actually really not all that hard to convince women as you might think. I mean one time when I was doing a make over on a female avatar all I had to do was talk trash about men and make chopping off their little wee wee jokes and I had them eating right out the palm of my hand saying things like, "You go girl. Tell it like it is!". Lmao!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit: I'll add this just for a good laugh too. This one time when I was doing an avatar make over for someone the chick I was dating at the time happened to show up at the same store I was at. For what ever reason she IM'ed me. I kept the conversation casual, but out of the blue she starts talking about her man ie me. lol Mainly because I asked her to keep me in the loop with what was going on and she claimed I was invading her space. Man me was like ya ok whatever about it and let it go. So when she went to complaining at some point in the conversation to woman me it went a little something like this. "Mm, Mmm, Mmmm! Girl he sounds like an a-hole. I'd dump him and go find you a new man that don't ask questions! I wouldn't tolerate that mess if I were you!". To this very day she still thinks our breaking up was her idea. lol Best break up ever!!!! Lmao!!!!👍👍🤣🤣

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Being female and having a female avatar doesn't mean a woman is interested in a romantic or sexual relationship however. And if she's not interested, that doesn't mean she's a lesbian or a guy in RL. She may be married, not interested in SL sex, or just not interested in YOU - especially if your first impression makes you look like a chauvinist jerk or desperate incel.  She might be old enough to be your mother or grandmother. She might have plenty of friends and interests to occupy herself in SL. I think that while many women may be interested in a virtual world romance, in general it's men who are more interested in getting off to cartoon sex. 

For me, this sums it up.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think that while many women may be interested in a virtual world romance, in general it's men who are more interested in getting off to cartoon sex. 

I know this is a generalisation, but from my perspective .. There's no shortage of nymphomanic women. As for what guys are like, I have less experience other than having been hit on by a few.

• Like 5

On 4/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, BobBarley said:

Well, since I'm always single on sl, I might as well give up seeking a relationship. I don't want to give up, but I don't think finding romance with a female, is going to be easy at this point. So my question is, should I just give up?

Hi Bob,

A couple people have sort of said this already, but, yes, you should give up on seeking a romantic relationship.  If your only goal in SL is to find a romantic partner, then it will usually be obvious to whoever you are chatting with within a couple minutes.  That can be a big turn off to many.   

The idea of having a partner in SL doesn't need to disappear, but it should be secondary and bonus to having made some friends.

All this talk about real life genders has nothing to do with your post.  I wish you the best in your SecondLife and hope you make some friends.  Maybe one of those friends will turn out to be the partner you are searching for.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Edit: I'll add this just for a good laugh too. This one time when I was doing an avatar make over for someone the chick I was dating at the time happened to show up at the same store I was at. For what ever reason she IM'ed me. I kept the conversation casual, but out of the blue she starts talking about her man ie me. lol Mainly because I asked her to keep me in the loop with what was going on and she claimed I was invading her space. Man me was like ya ok whatever about it and let it go. So when she went to complaining at some point in the conversation to woman me it went a little something like this. "Mm, Mmm, Mmmm! Girl he sounds like an a-hole. I'd dump him and go find you a new man that don't ask questions! I wouldn't tolerate that mess if I were you!". To this very day she still thinks our breaking up was her idea. lol Best break up ever!!!! Lmao!!!!👍👍🤣🤣

Well, at least you didn't lie to her. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2022 at 10:47 PM, BobBarley said:

Yes. Just give up.

But wait. Give up trying, becaue trying makes guys look like desperate incels.

Stop trying to find a partner and instead get involved in hobbies; join groups and societies for whatever your hobbies and interests are. If you don't have any hobbies (besides chasing women for sex I mean), then start one, and make it something that's popular in SL and done socially, in groups. Roleplaying, sailing, getting involved in organising events, anything that brings people together for a common purpose.  Get involved, make friends and the relationships will come naturally.

A few caveats though:

You better not be looking for a RL relationship. That's not going to happen. Yes there are a few people who have been lucky but out of the hundreds of thousands of SL relationships only a tiny handful ever made it to RL. If you are looking for RL relationships use Tinder or OK-Cupid or some other RL dating app.

Don't ask for voice or RL pics. Most people don't use voice, and asking for voice or pics signals that you want a RL relationship, which see above. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Karl Herber said:

A few caveats though:

You better not be looking for a RL relationship. That's not going to happen. Yes there are a few people who have been lucky but out of the hundreds of thousands of SL relationships only a tiny handful ever made it to RL. If you are looking for RL relationships use Tinder or OK-Cupid or some other RL dating app.

Don't ask for voice or RL pics. Most people don't use voice, and asking for voice or pics signals that you want a RL relationship, which see above. 

I always laugh when I read this and it gets posted a lot. SL is not a dating service. Well for those "few people" it certainly was wasn't it? If those few people were lucky enough to find RL relationships on SL then what's to say others can't? Do you know what the circumstances of how these RL relationships came to be? BTW, Tinder and Ok-Cupid are not great places to find RL relationship. Hook ups? sure.

I disagree that asking for voice signals that  you want a RL relationship. It does bring RL "into" the SL relationship though.  It's the people that say "my RL is none of your business" and then want to voice. To me asking to voice is bringing your RL into SL. but just wanting to voice doesn't signal you want to take it to RL. 

RL pics are mostly asked by people that want to make sure that you look good enough to s*rew in RL before they engage in SLex with your avatar.  I've been sent unsolicited pictures that I never asked for and really it just ruins the fantasy.  For a time I had in my profile that I don't want to see your RL picture and do not send it to me.  In doing that you've now taken away any chance that I can choose for myself what I think you look like and is mostly self serving. Don't take my fantasy away from me!

• Like 4

On 4/20/2022 at 4:07 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

I believe the OP has a chance to improve his situation, but not if he believes these guys who think real heterosexual women in SL are some kind of rare unicorn. There definitely are far more RL women playing in SL than RL men. Why else would there be so many SL stores that cater to women - bodies, heads, skins, hair, clothes etc.? We women (in general) love dressing our Barbie Dolls and looking hot. There are a a few guys who play women in SL, but they're a small minority. And most of the gay guys have male avatars and are not interested in straight men.

Being female and having a female avatar doesn't mean a woman is interested in a romantic or sexual relationship however. And if she's not interested, that doesn't mean she's a lesbian or a guy in RL. She may be married, not interested in SL sex, or just not interested in YOU - especially if your first impression makes you look like a chauvinist jerk or desperate incel.  She might be old enough to be your mother or grandmother. She might have plenty of friends and interests to occupy herself in SL. I think that while many women may be interested in a virtual world romance, in general it's men who are more interested in getting off to cartoon sex. 

This!!!!! 

• Like 1

@BobBarleyDon't give up. one day you will be wandering around SL thinking there is no hope whatsoever, Then the next day everything changes for the better. So far beyond anything you can imagine. It can happen.

• Like 3